Dana does it again with Gunther

ajcobra84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
guys like Jose and skyler are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Gunther who despite being a nice guy has as much fighting talent as CM punk yet Dana thought is was a good idea to give him another shot wow!!!

The other guy literally played with him similar to how Jackson played with cm and just basically was sparring with Gunther who was his friend.

It was Stipe and the other coaches that picked him. According to Camozzi(On reddit), Jose kept skipping practice and Gunther kept busting ass.

guys like Jose and skyler are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Gunther who despite being a nice guy has as much fighting talent as CM punk yet Dana thought is was a good idea to give him another shot wow!!!

The other guy literally played with him similar to how Jackson played with cm and just basically was sparring with Gunther who was his friend.
Well yea there's a talent gap there. How much of that is hind sight though? Because the guy was undefeated before coming on the show. And to Dana's credit, the first fight with gunther was so short that we all wanted to really know what he was capable of. Also, the guy is hilarious so there's another angle dana probably saw.

As far as the CM punk thing, i'm totally in agreement with you....

It was Stipe and the other coaches that picked him. According to Camozzi(On reddit), Jose kept skipping practice and Gunther kept busting ass.
and wasn't he the first one to go up to Dana and ask for a 2nd fight? Heck man I think he's a genuine guy too. Dana must have saw the hard work he put in and thought he deserved another shot.

and wasn't he the first one to go up to Dana and ask for a 2nd fight? Heck man I think he's a genuine guy too. Dana must have saw the hard work he put in and thought he deserved another shot.
Jay was the first and then Gunther. Atleast that's how it was shown. Who knows if they just edited it that way.

Yea but this is the fight game is because someone looks like they train hard doesn’t mean they deserve to fight, Gunther has no business in an mma ring just like Cm.

I’m pretty sure guys like skyler and Jose would have done waaaaaaaaaay better possibly even beat Trizano who’s o world beater

Yea but this is the fight game is because someone looks like they train hard doesn’t mean they deserve to fight, Gunther has no business in an mma ring just like Cm.

I’m pretty sure guys like skyler and Jose would have done waaaaaaaaaay better possibly even beat Trizano who’s o world beater
Well I can say I agree with you for the most part..now that I've seen him fight a full fight. I don't think he's terrible. I mean he did win a round. He has decent wrestling and showed a little offense from his back. Do I think he's cut out for the UFC...no. He's also super super slow.
I'm kinda just giving dana a little a little understanding on this. And given that we was undefeated before the show I think that also means prior to that fight it was unclear if he was any good or not.

I'm sure we'll get a Gunther 3 peat to on the TUF final, the way dana aND Stipe love him it will probably be a winnable fight too.

Dana has a soft spot for grossly inarticulate lunkheads. Can't imagine why.

Dana knows there will be blood .. cause Gunther cant dodge a punch to save his life !!

needs major work .. even on takedowns (which seem to be his only weapon) he doesnt know the next step after that ..

Well I can say I agree with you for the most part..now that I've seen him fight a full fight. I don't think he's terrible. I mean he did win a round. He has decent wrestling and showed a little offense from his back. Do I think he's cut out for the UFC...no. He's also super super slow.
I'm kinda just giving dana a little a little understanding on this. And given that we was undefeated before the show I think that also means prior to that fight it was unclear if he was any good or not.
Gunther did not win any rounds.

anybody have any footage of Gunther in earlier fights before Tuf ? dude is obviously tough (more hard headed) but makes me wonder what his competition looked like ..makes you \ me think one could at least make it to TUF.. maybe that's the idea though .. even an older dud should be able to whoop his ass with not much skill

no offense Gunther !! you need to loosen up and become more athletic .. you need to work remendously on yor stand-up, and defense defense defense !!!

look how much damage you took in that fight !! cant go on like that for long .. take a page out of out of Justin Gaethje

Keeping around a lovable punching bag who makes others look better: good for making the inevitable winner look better while keeping a liked character from the show involved.

It's kinda just smart all around. Dana and the guys look like they care that he's trying hard, he looks good for being tough and hard working, and whoever beats the shit out of him gets to look better than they would against tougher competition. And it keeps some people watching who might've stopped otherwise.

Back