Yoel Romero plans lawsuit against Illinois State Athletic Commission

Even if the result is not favorable to him, I think it's the right move. Commissions are too used to doing whatever they want without accountability. Athletes should at least try to give them a headache when they're victims of bad decisions.

This. Thanks to Yoel for giving the comission some headache. Maybe they won't do this shit again.

He lost 30% of his purse and 50k FOTN bonus.
those 4 minutes would have made the difference :D

It's their discretion anyway that's why it's worded up to 2 hours instead of exactly 2 hours.

How is using time that is allotted to you under the rules bending the rules...?

Then why setting a time limit, if everyone can just miss it and get two extra hours? Reffer to the other two examples i mentioned of AC stopping fighters from cutting more weight, there is a rule, but the AC decision is the final one, lesson learned for them i guess.

They already talked too much tho...Seems like they said they were planning missing weight first, then taking the 2 extra hours, now, its not rare that the comission stops weight cuts, they stopped Holloway and pulled him from the fight, they stopped Heather Hardy from making weight in NY, just an AC being an AC, next time make weight withing the rules, dont try to bend it like Romero always does.

Exactly. 2 weight misses in the row (screwing up 2 title fights), stool-gate, tainted supplements. This dude is shady.

According to below the belt, Schaub said Rogan was there and textin him as it went on and confirmed yoels story. He says the doctor was saying yoel was fine but the commission pulled the plug on the cut 45 mins in for no reason
For no reason?

The guy had to be carried out of the weigh ins

This. Thanks to Yoel for giving the comission some headache. Maybe they won't do this shit again.
Careful what you wish for. The commission can always change the rule and give you no extra time.

He had weeks prior. Sounds like weight mismanagement issues again looking for excuses.

“Contestants who fail to make the weight for their designated weight class shall be given up to 2 hours to make required weight. Any contestant who fails to make the weight shall be disqualified unless both contestants consent to participate in the scheduled bout. The weight differential shall be approved by the Division; bouts may be cancelled per the Division's discretion.”

Hating on someone so bad that you can’t fucking accept facts.

"Up to". He had extra time.

What exactly are you talking about? He deliberately didn't make weight the first time, and got a second weigh in. He has only himself to blame here. It's implicit that you're meant to attempt to make weight the first time or he's just fucking wasting everyone's time.

Last edited:
Exactly, plus in this case he had very close to 2 full hours between weigh-in attempts:

so your assumption is that they told him to stop cutting and he just immediately rushed out with everyone in place to monitor and record his weight with time still on the clock? Or is it more likely that there was at least some disagreement and argument between the commission and his camp(if not yoel himself), plus a minute or two to let everyone know that he was coming out to officially record the weight?

so your assumption is that they told him to stop cutting and he just immediately rushed out with everyone in place to monitor and record his weight with time still on the clock? Or is it more likely that there was at least some disagreement and argument between the commission and his camp(if not yoel himself), plus a minute or two to let everyone know that he was coming out to officially record the weight?

What are you on about?

It was Romero and his team who made narcissistic assumptions: that they'd have 2 full hours to sit in a tub, and then Romero could be weighed-in at his convenience while everybody waited patiently for him to get his act together.

There were many other people getting weighed in that day, and it was selfish and silly of them to deliberately miss weight the first time. They have only themselves to blame. Very unprofessional team.

What are you on about?

It was Romero and his team who made narcissistic assumptions: that they'd have 2 full hours to sit in a tub, and then Romero could be weighed-in at his convenience while everybody waited patiently for him to get his act together.

There were many other people getting weighed in that day, and it was selfish and silly of them to deliberately miss weight the first time. They have only themselves to blame. Very unprofessional team.
RJK said:
Exactly, plus in this case he had very close to 2 full hours between weigh-in attempts:

literally what you had commented about it. you assume that because a little under 2 hours had passed that his team was lying. Now you're trying to distract and change the subject because you got called out on it.

So answer my question what do you think happened?

You think Yoel started cutting and gave up ahead of time and came out to weigh in under the 2 hours he was given? Or you think that the commission came in and stopped them and they walked out to weigh in without arguing at all?

you assume that because a little under 2 hours had passed that his team was lying. Now you're trying to distract and change the subject because you got called out on it.

I've made no assumptions - I redirected you to the facts, and away from speculation. His team literally explained that missing weight was a strategy, and that they expected to have an extra 2 hours.

The guy couldn't walk without assistance, so if it's the case that the commission prevented him from dehydrating any further then I don't have a problem with it.

I've made no assumptions - I redirected you to the facts, and away from speculation. His team literally explained that missing weight was a strategy, and that they expected to have an extra 2 hours.

The guy couldn't walk without assistance, so if it's the case that the commission prevented him from dehydrating any further then I don't have a problem with it.

"Exactly, plus in this case he had very close to 2 full hours between weigh-in attempts"

yeah i'll quote this again since you're still dismissing everything due to the close to 2 hours between weigh in attempts. It's either you think Yoel gave up with time to still weigh in and lied about the commission stopping them(without the commission refuting what would be false claims about their conduct), or the commission stopped them at some point(which by your own statement and the video is under 2 hours would be early). Could that be right before the second weigh in attempt? yes, but do you think yoel or his team would have accepted the decision to stop the cut without arguing for a bit and sent yoel out to weigh in right away?

or...just fucking make weight like you are contracted to do. Jesus (Okay, Gay Jesus).

Edit: I wonder how his lawsuit against the manufacturers of the "tainted supplements" is going?

Last edited:
"Exactly, plus in this case he had very close to 2 full hours between weigh-in attempts"

yeah i'll quote this again since you're still dismissing everything due to the close to 2 hours between weigh in attempts. It's either you think Yoel gave up with time to still weigh in and the time lied about the commission stopping them(without the commission refuting what would be false claims about their conduct), or the commission stopped them at some point(which by your own statement and the video is under 2 hours would be early). Could that be right before the second weigh in attempt? yes, but do you think yoel or his team would have accepted the decision to stop the cut without arguing for a bit and sent yoel out to weigh in right away?

Still not sure what you're getting at. The rules allow "up to 2 hours" maximum at the discretion of the commision, and he got that.

It's this weird inflexible attitude from you and his team that he gets strictly a full 2 hours and then a weigh in at their own convenience. Too bad, the world doesn't revolve around Romero. He got extra time and still failed.

They just get more and more guilty with their admissions. His team even admitted they deliberately played for more time and delayed things (much like Romero did against Whittaker and Kennedy):

"Of course we stall for time - I gotta go to the bathroom, I gotta do this"

Still not sure what you're getting at. The rules allow "up to 2 hours" for people who fail the first attempt and he got that.

It's this weird inflexible attitude from you and his team that he get gets strictly a full 2 hours and then a weigh in at their own convenience. Too bad, the world doesn't revolve around Romero. He got extra time and still failed.

They just get more and more guilty with their admissions. His team even admit they deliberately played for more time and delayed things (much like Romero did against Whittaker and Kennedy):

Yeah you're trying to present yourself as objective and only stating the facts while refusing to answer any questions and then offering opinions on other things.

fact, a little under 2 hours passed. Fact the commission rules grant up to 2 hours.
Since there is no itinerary or back stage camera recording exactly what happened you have no way of knowing that he used most of the time cutting weight and that he wasn't stopped lets say 40 minutes before he emerges again and they spent some time arguing and asking for clarification before organizing everyone to have him come out and weigh in again. Also a fact, yoel's team has made these accusations about the commissions conduct and they haven't come out to refute them. That doesn't mean they're true, but you'd think they would since it was broadcast by Rogan during the show.

You seem to have plenty of opinions about yoel, but you refuse to answer what you think happened that led to yoel emerging .2 pounds over the limit with time still to go in the up to 2 hours(did they stop him? if so, at what point, or did he stop himself ahead of time?)

Back