Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

also, isn't it pretty widely known that people don't like Colby because he's an annoying tryhard nobody that tries to be somebody? doesn't really have much to do with his skills. he's a good fighter. but he's not so good that it's worth overlooking how shit his personality is

By not wanting to grapple I mean; He only completed 1(maybe 2) take downs in the last 3 rounds. In the last 15 minutes he attempted a grand total of 6 strikes on the ground, and 0 from the clinch. About 14 minutes of the last 3 was contested on the feet. Al was the one advancing a pretty fair percentage of that time.

He did not want to grapple.
Maybe I'm not understanding your point.

I agree, I think in the 3rd and 4th rounds, he wanted to strike and didn't really push the grappling too much. But in the 5th round, he basically pushed forward looking to grapple.

plus, colby was 7 for 18.. sure, but what did he do with any of those 7 takedowns? it isn't JUST the TD that matters, guy

You are aware that Khabib set a UFC record for TD's in a 3 round fight, right ? He averaged less than 1 sig strike per td in that fight. Did fuck all after the TD.

You are aware that Khabib set a UFC record for TD's in a 3 round fight, right ? He averaged less than 1 sig strike per td in that fight. Did fuck all after the TD.

i wasn't referencing Khabib, I was referencing his comparison to Usman

colby landed a lot of nice shots on rda on the feet. more then anybody expected him too. his kick game is pretty nice. the body kick was on point.

he def hurts people. look at maias face after colby was done with him after 3 rounds.

I agree. I was very impressed with Colby's standup; he seems to get better every fight I see him. However, it won't be enough for Tyron on the feet. I still think Colby's only chance is to put Tyron on his back. But if he can do that, Tyron is the kind of guy that won't be able to do anything from his back.

watch Khabib vs Barboza, then watch Colby v RDA. Try and spot the difference.

I somehow feel like Khabib vs rda would be a better comparison. I don't know why.

Colby completed more take downs in a "pick-em" fight against RDA; Than Khabib did against a late replace semi retired real estate agent. Brake check Colby haters.

giphy.gif

plus, colby was 7 for 18.. sure, but what did he do with any of those 7 takedowns? it isn't JUST the TD that matters, guy

i wasn't referencing Khabib, I was referencing his comparison to Usman

Oh, Usman? Has successfully completed a TD in 6 UFC fights. 5 of those 6 went to decision. It woud be hard to argue Usman being more dominant than CC or KN, post take down.

Cowboy, Tony and Lee are far and away the best fighters Barboza has ever faced, excluding Khabib. Almost as a rule Barboza loses, and gets stopped, by elite fighters. Khabib is the outlier that cannot get it done. This isn't important to note, other than I was responding to the obviously wrong statement that 'Khabib finishes fights' to cast aspersions on Colby.

The same regarding chain wrestling. Khabib is currently one of the best MMA adapted wrestlers in the sport. That isn't my point however - I was responding to the cartoonishly wrong statement that Khabib 'gets most of his take down' attempts, which is demonstrably false.
Fair enough. I slightly disagree on the Edson point but it isn't far from the truth.

And the Khabib finishing people is a mess because he's so weird about changing game plans on a whim. Who knows what that guy is thinking. He certainly has the capability to finish fights. Hopefully he starts finishing people more.

Apprantly he was rehabbing from an injury at the time according to his camp which is why he stuck to TD's. I believe one of his cornerman said he went "overbroad" with the TDs.

And I'd say he did more than fuck all with the TDs. He mentally shattered poor Abel.

He nearly finished that fight in tbe first tho. I wish he would have tried for another mounted triangle

And I'd say he did more than fuck all with the TDs. He mentally shattered poor Abel.

He nearly finished that fight in tbe first tho. I wish he would have tried for another mounted triangle

He would have had to release the body lock, he didn't look real interested in doing that. Abel wasn't shattered, him and the crowd were bored. There was a clear repeating cycle in that fight. Props to KN, Abel couldn't break the sequence or prevent it.

The majority opinion in this thread has been that Beeb's wrestling/control is way more vicious. While that is entirely true as of late vs Johson/Barboza; those two fights are not completely representative of his entire career.

TS point is valid that Khabib and CC have some similarities in fighting style, and yet are viewed significantly different. Their similarities as far as being able to dictate position is why I'm a fan of both guys. I tend to be a fan of guys who can impose there game plan over that of their opponents. Fighters who can dictate pace and place win a very high percentage of fights. Colby is one of the best at it. Who takes fewer backward steps in the UFC than CC?

surprised when i saw a lot of the khabib fans i know on here arent colby fans. i would have expected they would enjoy colbys style and would have been impressed with his win since rda is elite

both guys are probably in my top 5 right now
yeah it probably comes down to Colby being a douche

You mean Barboza who not only sucks in the clinch and gasses after 2 rounds but has a terrible guard? real comparison there. Plus RDA is a considerably better fighter than Barboza.

Both fought RDA! And only one of those fights sucked

Both have plenty of boring fights. Khabib's best fights have been a lot more entertaining though.

i feel like you should get banned just for comparing the 2..... Even though i know this is 100% a troll thread and you made it just for the views knowing that people would lose their shit, the mere thought of comparing the 2 and how Khabib makes their opponents wish they would just get Ko'ed vs Colby who is like a puppy humping your leg gives me a headache, but i fully akwaledge your troll attempt by making this thread.

lol.. at TS admitting he's a casual.

If you don't see the difference between Khabib & Coldpee's style then I suggest you line up their last 5 fights... & watch them all in the same day. maybe take notes as you go. pause the video so you can stay focused while you write. You're definitely missing something.

you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?

Well, Colby spent most of the fight pressing RDA against the cage going for takedowns and had almost no top control when he did get RDA down. When he got takedowns RDA got right back up and Colby did almost no damage from his wrestling attack. Pretty much the same scenario vs DHK where he spends most of his grappling in forcing the takedown effort but mostly just controlling. If you look at Colbys grappling he doesnt do much damage and hardly ever passes position.

Khabib on the other hand does much more with his grappling, he passes to dominant positions 6 times a fight, thats based on his last three fights and does a load of damage. I mean did you see Edson and Johnson?? They took the beating of their life.

He would have had to release the body lock, he didn't look real interested in doing that. Abel wasn't shattered, him and the crowd were bored. There was a clear repeating cycle in that fight. Props to KN, Abel couldn't break the sequence or prevent it.
The body lock wasn't the issue. After round 1 he had no way of baiting Abel into taking him down. Abel clearly learned his lesson after almost getting finished by that triangle.

Not sure what fight you watched. Abel was exhausted and visibly distraught in rounds 2-3. By round 3's end he looked lost. He certainly wasn't bored. Just frustrated at not being able to counter Khabib's wrestling.

The majority opinion in this thread has been that Beeb's wrestling/control is way more vicious. While that is entirely true as of late vs Johson/Barboza; those two fights are not completely representative of his entire career.
No, those are pretty indicative of his style. They're just steps up from his previous performances. The methods haven't changed since he joined AKA. He's just better at implementing them.

TS point is valid that Khabib and CC have some similarities in fighting style, and yet are viewed significantly different. Their similarities as far as being able to dictate position is why I'm a fan of both guys. I tend to be a fan of guys who can impose there game plan over that of their opponents. Fighters who can dictate pace and place win a very high percentage of fights. Colby is one of the best at it. Who takes fewer backward steps in the UFC than CC?
Khabib and Colby only share similarities on the surface level. Both are very effective pressure chain wrestlers who use the cage to bolster their TDs.

Beyond that...there really isn't much else that they have in common. Their chain wrestling styles are very different. Their striking is of a similar quality but still notably different. Khabib is more effective at dealing damage on the ground as well as maintain ground control. Colby has proven to be able to regularly pump out a large output of strikes on the feet if need be.

Beyond the obvious base level, "they're pressure chain wrestlers", comparison there isn't a lot that they share in common imo.

Back