TUF 27: Undefeated Ep 9 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
040312_TUF27_BoutAnnouncements_1200x675_2709_Tonight.jpg

The semifinals are set to begin with a pair of Team Miocic fighters about to square off.

Mike Trizano
was one of the only fighters from heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic's team to earn their way into the second round after he won his first bout, and now he's looking to punch his ticket to the finals with another strong performance this week.

Opposing him will be fellow Team Miocic fighter John Gunther, who will be making his return to the tournament after replacing lightweight competitor Luis Pena after he was forced out of the competition due to injury.

John seems like a nice guy, weird, but really nice. That said he definitely did not deserve the redemption shot. Dude is tough, but that is about it. Striking is ugly, defense is terrible, he can get a takedown but can't do anything with it. Mike pieced him up, surprised he didn't finish him though.

What a terrible episode. How did Gunther even make it in the house?

John seems like a nice guy, weird, but really nice. That said he definitely did not deserve the redemption shot. Dude is tough, but that is about it. Striking is ugly, defense is terrible, he can get a takedown but can't do anything with it. Mike pieced him up, surprised he didn't finish him though.
Cm Punk level striking forsure

Man, Trizano just seems so under-whelming to me. I mean, granted, he's beating these guys handily but a final between probably him and Gianetti? Man, the winner of that is gonna be hard to promote/market. I'd bet the LW winner of this season fades into obscurity very, very quickly - as in wins the final, loses 2-3 in a row and quietly gets released.

Man, Trizano just seems so under-whelming to me. I mean, granted, he's beating these guys handily but a final between probably him and Gianetti? Man, the winner of that is gonna be hard to promote/market. I'd bet the LW winner of this season fades into obscurity very, very quickly - as in wins the final, loses 2-3 in a row and quietly gets released.
If Pena didn't get hurt, I think he would win the show and would be easy to promote.

No way, Punk is a different level of garbage. Gunther is a legit fighter. Just not on the level of these other guys who are quite talented.
It was a joke but gunthers striking is non existent

Screw you guys Gunther is my new favorite fighter. The most likable guy on any TUF ever.

He's even cooler than Luke Cummo

Gunther? More like GOATHER. Am I right?

If Pena didn't get hurt, I think he would win the show and would be easy to promote.

100%. Pena is very marketable and IMO, the best LW on the show, sucks that he got injured. However, he should easily beat Smullen at the Finale and get a contract, he'll kind of be the uncrowned champion of the season to be honest and will probably be marketed as such.

Looking at the Finale, there's a few fight slots to be filled. Both finals, obviously. But I can definitely see a few cast-member fights added as well.

Back