Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Tiller went from a lean 205er to a 260+ guy. Talk about a transformation. Didn't look grossly overweight either, just thicker.

Gonna be interesting to see how he looks now that he's put on that weight. Should win without much issue after withstanding Heun's five minutes of fury in the first.

Excited for Hardy vs Lane tomorrow night. Both guys are raw, but with each being former NFL players I expect them to have a decent future at least.

Going with Lane since he's been training for longer and has more experience, but it can go either way on the virtue of both having dodgy defense.

Excited for Hardy vs Lane tomorrow night. Both guys are raw, but with each being former NFL players I expect them to have a decent future at least.

Going with Lane since he's been training for longer and has more experience, but it can go either way on the virtue of both having dodgy defense.

Hardy hasnt fought anyone with a pulse, Lane might not end up being any good but he's definitely got a pulse. Therefore, I'm picking Lane via sloppy, tired TKO in the 3rd round.

That was a poor showing by Lane. Lane has BJJ and wrestling training, and he chooses to leave giant defensive holes on the feet versus an ultra hard hitter with speed. Dumbest possible gameplan.

That was a poor showing by Lane. Lane has BJJ and wrestling training, and he chooses to leave giant defensive holes on the feet versus an ultra hard hitter with speed. Dumbest possible gameplan.
It fits in with most of the footage I saw of him, sloppy on the feet. Was hoping he'd shoot for a takedown or something though.

Marcus Vinicius Lopes 12-6 vs. Maksim Yakobyuk 2-0
Leroy Johnson 7-2 vs. Jahsua Marsh 3-3
Tanner Boser 14-4 vs. Chase Gormley 14-7
Sławomir Rawiński vs. Lubo Slovik dual debut
Kleber Souza 7-5 vs. Roggers Souza 6-0
Ronnie Burchfield 2-4 vs. Johnny Brooks 1-0

light week, figured that lane would be a bit cleaner, but looks like we got a new proto-lewis

at least he is young

Marsh and Roggers Souza are good to watch this week. Marsh and Leroy both got denied spots on TUF Heavyweights, so they'll probably have some anger to take out on each other, should be fun.

Marsh and Roggers Souza are good to watch this week. Marsh and Leroy both got denied spots on TUF Heavyweights, so they'll probably have some anger to take out on each other, should be fun.
Do you know anyone that got in?

I second the question above! Who do we know who may have got in? I reckon Johnson's age and general boring-ness (wrestle heavy, isn't he?) denied him while Marsh's record looks ugly as fuck but clearly doesn't tell his whole story.

Do you know anyone that got in?

I'll repost my guesses from the TUF forum thread. Mind you, I have no insider info on who got in. All the guys I normally talk to that tried out didn't get in.

1. Josh Parisian

2. Ben Edwards

3. Daniel James

4. Shelton Graves

5. Anderson Silva (Kickboxer turned MMA fighter, not THE Anderson Silva)

6. Maurice Greene

7. Justin Frazier

8. Brett Martin

3 former kickboxers, either we get a lot of KOs or some serious grapplefucking

of these, James is the most physically imposing (enormous guy), Graves the most experienced and Parisian the most promising (IMO)

Could see Graves grinding his way to the finale. Ought to think that he'd benefit from those two rounds and implement his grappling effectively.

Not sure if you're aware Paul, but Jeff Hughes is fighting on DWCS - facing Josh Appelt, some grizzled old head that was in Bellator for quite a while. Would be disappointing if Hughes lost that one.

Good for him, I'd have preferred him in the UFC though - seems to be the better place for HW prospects nowadays. Bellator's focus (at HW) is on journeymen and veterans.

Not sure if you're aware Paul, but Jeff Hughes is fighting on DWCS - facing Josh Appelt, some grizzled old head that was in Bellator for quite a while. Would be disappointing if Hughes lost that one.

It's an easier fight than Hughes has been getting in LFA, so he needs to get a finish.

There may be another HW fight still, still some announced DWCS fights needed to fill up cards. Also, Greg Rebello's opponent dropped out of next weeks event, so someone could step in. Hoping for Batista, Hull, or Usman.

Kevin Romero 0-1 vs. Pablo Miranda 0-0
Andrew van Zyl 16-3 vs. Dalcha Lungiambula 8-1
Andrew Kilmer 0-0 vs. Gary Harling 0-7
Jeremy Hardy 5-3 vs. Joel Moore 3-0
Greg Rebello 24-8 vs. Angel DeAnda 18-6 ?

man super slim again

Kevin Romero 0-1 vs. Pablo Miranda 0-0
Andrew van Zyl 16-3 vs. Dalcha Lungiambula 8-1
Andrew Kilmer 0-0 vs. Gary Harling 0-7
Jeremy Hardy 5-3 vs. Joel Moore 3-0
Greg Rebello 24-8 vs. Angel DeAnda 18-6 ?

man super slim again

Interested in Kimler, GIANT BJJ guy. He was supposed to pro debut vs Juan Adams (in his debut) last year for LFA, but Kimler pulled for whatever. He could be interesting...

Back