UFC 226

FarmerHenry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Howdy.

There is not a thread for this event, but all moneylines have been released. I reckon we should discuss that.

Thanks

Ive had Cormier circled for weeks and I'm going to make a large (for me) bet on him as soon as I touch down in Vegas.

So before the lines were released I loved Perry over Yancy. But the -230 is actually higher than I i.agined. i figured to see -160ish since Yancy did beat Brazilian Cowboy albeit in an ugly fight.

I still love Perry by KO here. Yancy is so easy to hit and Perry hits way too hard. I'm going to use that as one leg of a parlay for sure. Just a matter of who is the next leg.

I lean Max because i cant imagine the guy getting hurt, and Ortega has relied on hurting his opponents in order to submit them in the past. Max isnt going to just put his neck in danger like Cub did either..

Saki should be a bit wider. People underestimating the skill chasm in kickboxing there, and it's not like Rountree's gonna be grappling. Miocic KO1. Holloway late KO. Lewis/Ngannou should be way closer to evens. Not sure why Pettis has gone from like -120 2 months ago to +143. Costa really hasn't earned those odds.

Loading up on Hall @ +375. Don't see how that doesn't close way closer.

Last edited:
8apm0mu.jpg

UFC 226 referee, judging assignments set for ‘Miocic vs Cormier’ on July 7 in Las Vegas

Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier
- Judge: Marc Goddard
- Referees: Dave Hagen, Chris Lee, and Glenn Trowbridge

Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega
- Judge: Herb Dean
- Referees: Derek Cleary, Sal D’Amato, and Junichiro Kamijo

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/15/...nt-set-miocic-vs-cormier-july-7-las-vegas-mma
I'd be surprised if either title-fight went the distance, which isn't a bad thing with some of those judges. Surprised they're rotating all 3, too.

I'm so in on rob font its not even funny

edit: rob font at these current odds is must-bet

edit 2: fade lando at these odds, derrick lewis +265 is too good not to take

im cumming

Last edited:
I'm so in on rob font its not even funny

edit: rob font at these current odds is must-bet

edit 2: fade lando at these odds, derrick lewis +265 is too good not to take

im cumming
You're playing Font there? Assuncao's pretty damned legit as a striker. I was big on Font against Almeida at dog odds, but I feel like Assuncao's priced about right.

Saki should be a bit wider. People underestimating the skill chasm in kickboxing there, and it's not like Rountree's gonna be grappling. Miocic KO1. Holloway late KO. Lewis/Ngannou should be way closer to evens. Not sure why Pettis has gone from like -120 2 months ago to +143. Costa really hasn't earned those odds.

Loading up on Hall @ +375. Don't see how that doesn't close way closer.
1-1 mma fighter who was in a close stand up fight w Da Silva should not be wider. This isn’t kickboxing, and based on that first Saki fight its not hard to envision Khalil finding a clean shot that ends Saki

Can the Black Beast find a way to win rounds? Probably not.
Can he knock out Ngannou? Probably not.

Will I stab his ML when it’s this juicy? YEAAAAH.

Saki should be a bit wider. People underestimating the skill chasm in kickboxing there, and it's not like Rountree's gonna be grappling.
Khalil is a developing fighter. After sheepish defeat to Pedro he sharpened up his mindset. After gassing badly in three minutes he could again come up with something new. Maybe even grappling.

You're playing Font there? Assuncao's pretty damned legit as a striker. I was big on Font against Almeida at dog odds, but I feel like Assuncao's priced about right.

Font has a 5 in reach adv and has really good striking as well, absolutely playing him

Split decision Assuncao can't be trusted against Font. His volume is so low he barely beat a developing Aljo on the feet.

I like Lewis as a big underdog also. NGannou has that mythical power so people think Lewis wont be able to hold his own against him. I call bullshit. To me this should be more like Ngannou -160.

Lewis would do the same thing to Arvloski and Overeem that NGannou did.

NGANNOU will probbly have the speed and power edge and that is alot in a heavyweight fight. But yeah his line sucks.

He should be the narrow favorite. Costa's strength of schedule is 2-10 at UFC MW, and he had actual trouble with Hendricks. No reason he should be a gigantic favorite when he's taking a massive step-up in strength of schedule, and he really hasn't looked that insanely world-beating against the guys he's fought against.
Khalil is a developing fighter. After sheepish defeat to Pedro he sharpened up his mindset. After gassing badly in three minutes he could again come up with something new. Maybe even grappling.
Did you see Rountree's last fight? Dude isn't getting better.

He should be the narrow favorite. Costa's strength of schedule is 2-10 at UFC MW, and he had actual trouble with Hendricks. No reason he should be a gigantic favorite when he's taking a massive step-up in strength of schedule, and he really hasn't looked that insanely world-beating against the guys he's fought against.

I remember him destroying Hendricks with kicks, or am I remembering this wrong?

He had two early finishes in row and went for third against wrong guy in bit of panic mode. His fight iq is not the best in the world, but both have questionable cardio and I don’t feel like betting at these odds against the chace of Rountree mixing some td’s. I think he changed his happy-lucky-go attitude after Pedro fight, so he’s capable of some developement at least.

I remember him destroying Hendricks with kicks, or am I remembering this wrong?
Hendricks got stuck on the outside of the crazy size disparity for a lot of it, but Costa did get hit with a lot of telegraphed overhand lefts from Hendricks along the way. I just don't see that slower-paced pressure style working anywhere near as well against a guy like Hall who can make him pay for giving him space, I'd rather see him going Brunson-level insanely aggro if I was to play Costa.

Back