EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I haven't played ultimate team, it just seems so lackluster after years of playing Madden ultimate team. In looking at it they seem to have implemented all the pay to play features from Madden without any of the fun stuff that makes people play the mode in Madden.

In Madden i can play ultimate team all day without even playing a match. Just working the auction house, trading cards, completing sets, building coins off solos, cashing in on promos and building my team. Ultimate team is like it's own entire game. In UFC it just seems to be pay money or play with a crappier fighter than your opponent with little more to engage with.

How do you throw fucking overhangs while in boxing range?<36> And there is no way to slip it either. You can move your head to the same side it’s coming from and still get rocked as the forearm bounces off the top of your head. Shit looks ridiculous

How do you throw fucking overhangs while in boxing range?<36> And there is no way to slip it either. You can move your head to the same side it’s coming from and still get rocked as the forearm bounces off the top of your head. Shit looks ridiculous

Yeah the overhand is ridiculously overpowered now. It's the main strike that ends up KOing me. All you can do is block it and even then it caused massive damage. People usually just spam jab/straight then overhand. It counters literally every strike you do perfectly as well.

Yeah the overhand is ridiculously overpowered now. It's the main strike that ends up KOing me. All you can do is block it and even then it caused massive damage. People usually just spam jab/straight then overhand. It counters literally every strike you do perfectly as well.

Yea everyone throws this lightening fast overhead with the power of prime Chuck Liddell. It’s sucks how many steps back this game is from 2

Yea everyone throws this lightening fast overhead with the power of prime Chuck Liddell. It’s sucks how many steps back this game is from 2

i still play EA UFC 2; this third game seemed clunky and retarded looking so i haven't got around to getting it. probably a good thing.

Seems like the last patch made the game way less enjoyable. It didnt change the ground game in anyway that I notice (I avoid the ground and usually just try to get back up, I am sure people who focus on the ground notice the changes more). But it made it so that the best strategy standing seems to be to just plant your feet, bite down on your mouthguard and swing for the fences.

I have tried a ton of strategies standing but with every defensive option nerfed I find I win more often just standing in the pocket throwing combos. I like using the lunges and head movement but it seems way too 50/50 on if it will actually evade the strike it is supposed to evade. Like I will sway an uppercut and it still lands half the time.

Also i have had a lot of inputs dropped lately, does anyone else have that issue? I will throw a 3 or 4 strike combo and only the first and last strike will come out. Or only one strike will come out and then I just stand there looking like an idiot.

Seems like the last patch made the game way less enjoyable. It didnt change the ground game in anyway that I notice (I avoid the ground and usually just try to get back up, I am sure people who focus on the ground notice the changes more). But it made it so that the best strategy standing seems to be to just plant your feet, bite down on your mouthguard and swing for the fences.

I have tried a ton of strategies standing but with every defensive option nerfed I find I win more often just standing in the pocket throwing combos. I like using the lunges and head movement but it seems way too 50/50 on if it will actually evade the strike it is supposed to evade. Like I will sway an uppercut and it still lands half the time.

Also i have had a lot of inputs dropped lately, does anyone else have that issue? I will throw a 3 or 4 strike combo and only the first and last strike will come out. Or only one strike will come out and then I just stand there looking like an idiot.

I havent noticed the dropped input problem personally, but I definitely agree that it seems like just trading hooks is the most effective strategy now.

I thought back sway was supposed to avoid hooks but it very rarely seems to work. The only head movement I use often is the slip straight to counter the jab, everything else will get you demolished by combos. Lunges are OK sometimes but for the most part just having the faster and more powerful puncher and planting your feet to trade combos is what it comes down to.

There were some small improvements to grappling I guess. Back mount isn't as safe to just hang out in forever without moving.. otherwise most things seem the same.

Are they ever going to address the god awful cardio system in this game? You should not be throwing 300-400 strikes in the first round, eating body shots, and coming out for the 2nd round 90% cardio. This is insane. Fought a Gaethje last night, threw damn near 400 strikes while I was feeding him body shots and he wasn't tired, like at all. Not right. You should be gassed if you throw 100 strikes in a minute, let alone 400 in 5 while getting fed about 30 body shots.

Seems like the last update they nerfed body shots, whether they state it or not it's quite clear. They have 0 power now. Also seems like they increased the strike output considering before most fights I was playing guys were gassed throwing half the amount of strikes and eating half the body shots.

Also another problem which pretty much everyone should be able to agree on is the fact you lose nothing for cardio for missing strikes unless you slip which is plain stupid. Like you can have a guy run at you and throw 50 strikes in 30 seconds, eat a couple body shots, miss 40 of those 50 shots and not lose a lick of actual cardio health. I don't really have much of an issue with guys in my grill, but I want pay off for them spamming and missing a bunch whether I'm slipping or not because that's reality.

Also should have some sort of system implemented where the more strikes you throw in a short amount of time the more cardio you lose. Like if you don't take a break and let your guy breathe and go for your next combo or whatever you gas out like in any real fight. You throw 100 strikes missing most in 50-60 seconds? Should only hAve half your cardio left if that. Would make people play the game how it is meant to be played, the community is toxic with little to 0 knowledge of mma for the most part tho and support it being a spam fest where you don't pay the price for missing and throwing tons of strikes in short amounts of time.

It's honesty hilarious how FN champion came out almost 8 years ago and has a much more competent cardio system. Cardio is the root issue of 90% of the problems we face in this game, why pick a character like Machida or Magny and try to keep your distance when you don't even get any pay off for your work?

I win 9/10 everytime I pick Gastelum because it's so easy to exploit the broken cardio system in this game with combos, because whether you miss or not there's no penalty. EA can patch this game all they want but you put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig, and nothing will change in this game until the cardio system is fixed.

the hook combos are the real issue IMO. Still far, FAR too powerful to throw LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHT hooks. Hurts WAY more if you land just one of those than even a flush head kick seems to hurt. Even if you evade 3 out of a 4 hook combo and throw a counter back, their hook tends to rock you a lot more than the counter if you land at the same time.

Counter uppercuts when throwing body punches is still op. They need to fix it

I thought 2 was the best game ever, until I discovered that you just had to land a straight cross over and over. Once you get that, you just wear down the block and throw the straight, game over.

Been losing a lot lately to guys that just pressure and break your block while they cardio doesn't drop no matter how much you counter to the head or body. This game is fucking broken it's not even fun anymore.

Are they ever going to address the god awful cardio system in this game? You should not be throwing 300-400 strikes in the first round, eating body shots, and coming out for the 2nd round 90% cardio. This is insane. Fought a Gaethje last night, threw damn near 400 strikes while I was feeding him body shots and he wasn't tired, like at all. Not right. You should be gassed if you throw 100 strikes in a minute, let alone 400 in 5 while getting fed about 30 body shots.

Seems like the last update they nerfed body shots, whether they state it or not it's quite clear. They have 0 power now. Also seems like they increased the strike output considering before most fights I was playing guys were gassed throwing half the amount of strikes and eating half the body shots.

Also another problem which pretty much everyone should be able to agree on is the fact you lose nothing for cardio for missing strikes unless you slip which is plain stupid. Like you can have a guy run at you and throw 50 strikes in 30 seconds, eat a couple body shots, miss 40 of those 50 shots and not lose a lick of actual cardio health. I don't really have much of an issue with guys in my grill, but I want pay off for them spamming and missing a bunch whether I'm slipping or not because that's reality.

Also should have some sort of system implemented where the more strikes you throw in a short amount of time the more cardio you lose. Like if you don't take a break and let your guy breathe and go for your next combo or whatever you gas out like in any real fight. You throw 100 strikes missing most in 50-60 seconds? Should only hAve half your cardio left if that. Would make people play the game how it is meant to be played, the community is toxic with little to 0 knowledge of mma for the most part tho and support it being a spam fest where you don't pay the price for missing and throwing tons of strikes in short amounts of time.

The main dev who is I guess the community manager over at OS said they will never make this game into a sim like experience. So they won’t change the volume striking with no consequence to cardio. They won’t change the absolute useless TD mechanics. They won’t change how they make lower ranked fighters absolutely useless. They enjoy keeping this a silly arcade shit fest. Which is crazy because this game has nothing but hardcores playing but the way the game is structured you can’t win unless you pick McGregor, DJ, GSP and throw 150 strikes per round

I haven’t even turned this boring shit on in weeks. I think I was playing and just shut my PS4 off even though I was winning because I was just disgusted of what I was seeing. Are people still throwing flowchart stationary super fast preloaded combos?

Any tips for defending subs?

I've only had the game a couple weeks and I've bumped up the difficulty a couple times, I'm fighting on pro now and I win probably 90% of my matches.

I fought Kamaru Usman and I was beating him silly on the feet but he would take me down and submit me in like the third round every time ( I would stuff about 16 of his 20ish takedowns ) and in the last match he had me in a crucifix for 3 and a half minutes lol his ground game is just smothering.. and even if my stamina is full he would still tap me out first try easily.

I have played every UFC game, and was quite good on the ground in them all, i don't even think im bad on this one he is just unbearable on the mat.

Help please lol

This is the type of shit I was talking about earlier that makes me so annoyed with this game at the moment. Look at this guy using Hunt. Why does 40+ year old Hunt have switch kicks, spinning side kicks, and jumping roundhouses? I mean WTF. I would understand if this was K1 or early Pride Mark but come on. Watch this fight.

Any tips for defending subs?

I've only had the game a couple weeks and I've bumped up the difficulty a couple times, I'm fighting on pro now and I win probably 90% of my matches.

I fought Kamaru Usman and I was beating him silly on the feet but he would take me down and submit me in like the third round every time ( I would stuff about 16 of his 20ish takedowns ) and in the last match he had me in a crucifix for 3 and a half minutes lol his ground game is just smothering.. and even if my stamina is full he would still tap me out first try easily.

I have played every UFC game, and was quite good on the ground in them all, i don't even think im bad on this one he is just unbearable on the mat.

Help please lol

Don’t be predictable with your escape routes and try to push all them out far before the next stage

I haven’t even turned this boring shit on in weeks. I think I was playing and just shut my PS4 off even though I was winning because I was just disgusted of what I was seeing. Are people still throwing flowchart stationary super fast preloaded combos?

It has been about 3 weeks since I turned the game on. After the "ground patch" the game wasn't fun standing or on the ground. I realized I cant just keep trying to like the game because I want it to be good. It just is not good.

Back