Need advice on losing fat

Khabibs Tiramisu

TLJ IS DOGSHIT. OH HI MARK!
@purple
Reaction score
I need advice on how to lose as much weight as soon as possible. Our office has this ongoing weight loss competition that runs for two months, and admittedly i slacked off for the past weeks and there's exactly 22 days left before judgment day. Since sherdoggers are buff alpha males who bangs 10's only, i thought i'd ask if there's any USEFUL advice you can share.

I'm currently at 190lbs, but I can be pretty active. I can run 5k easily and have been practicing boxing when i have extra time. I was able to drop to 160 last year, but eating can be too much fun so whatever. The prize pool for this contest though is pretty high, so i'm really interested in winning. My plan for the next three weeks is to implement strict calorie counting (eating healthy food only, refraining from soda etc) and also to exercise for 2.5 hours per day. i'm planning to focus on Interval Training mostly.

With these being said, I have the following questions:
1.) What would be the best way to exercise and burn calories without gaining too much muscle? The reason I ask is because the last time I tried to seriously lose weight, I did up ending losing a lot of fat but my weight wasn't dropping fast since I was also gaining muscle. And this contest doesn't take into consideration muscle mass, just the amount of lbs lost.
2.) Is interval training the best way to go about losing weight without gaining too much muscle?
3.) How much weight can I lose per week without me dying? Is it realistic to lose 20lbs in 3weeks?

Thanks.

Either 2 normal meals or 4 small meals a day, low oil/fat intake, no red meat. White meat only once a day.
No potatoes and limit cars in general to a minimum for the actual energy so you don't store them up.
Fish is ideal but not necessary.
Cut sugar out.
Only drink water.
Exercise.
If you have time then run/bike ride/swim every other day.
If you don't, simple home exercises like sit ups, press ups, squats, box jumps, leg raises and lgght jogs on the spot in 30second circuits.
(change exercise every thirty seconds)

Should shed a fair bit.
Exercise is the most important but has much less effect without diet.

Breakfast: Cabbage water with added BCCA's

Lunch: Cabbage water with added BCCA's

Dinner: Big plate of whatever you like.

Drink 1.5 litres of water between every meal.

With these being said, I have the following questions:
1.) What would be the best way to exercise and burn calories without gaining too much muscle? The reason I ask is because the last time I tried to seriously lose weight, I did up ending losing a lot of fat but my weight wasn't dropping fast since I was also gaining muscle. And this contest doesn't take into consideration muscle mass, just the amount of lbs lost.
2.) Is interval training the best way to go about losing weight without gaining too much muscle?
3.) How much weight can I lose per week without me dying? Is it realistic to lose 20lbs in 3weeks?

Thanks.

1. I really don't think that's going to be a concern if you're running a serious daily caloric deficiency. If it is, congratulations, you have super genes.
2. No, but it's probably the best way to lose weight while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible while running a caloric deficiency.
3. Yes, it's unrealistic (and unhealthy). There are obviously ways to do it, but some office competition isn't a good enough reason to put your body through that kind of stress.

You said you're 190 now and last year got as low as 160. How lean were you at 160? 6 pack fully visible lean? Also age and height would be helpful.

In any case, you're going to have to introduce at least a 20% daily caloric deficiency to drop any serious amount of weight (that would probably result in 1 lbs per week, more at the beginning). As I said in point 1, with a deficiency like that, you can do whatever you want in the gym, it won't matter, your body will lack the calories and nutrients to build any considerable amount of muscle.

Either 2 normal meals or 4 small meals a day, low oil/fat intake, no red meat. White meat only once a day.
No potatoes and limit cars in general to a minimum for the actual energy so you don't store them up.
Fish is ideal but not necessary.
Cut sugar out.
Only drink water.
Exercise.
If you have time then run/bike ride/swim every other day.
If you don't, simple home exercises like sit ups, press ups, squats, box jumps, leg raises and lgght jogs on the spot in 30second circuits.
(change exercise every thirty seconds)

Should shed a fair bit.
Exercise is the most important but has much less effect without diet.

123146FC-05E3-4D39-968F-8DA35E71C829.jpeg

Go full Keto to drop that water weight, and maintain it to burn fat.

Doest it take a few weeks to even get to ketosis? Plus you feel like shit for a few weeks
It depends how much carbohydrates you eat before and how active you are. For some people all it takes is a 24 hour fast, or 72 hours without eating carbs. For me the Keto flu never lasted over 3 days, and that only happened the first time I tried the diet. Now I can hop back onto full ketosis without ever feeling the keto flu.

Last edited:
<TheWire1>
No more tiramisu pls, might be fine.

It depends how much carbohydrates you eat before and how active you are. For some people all it takes is a 24 hour fast, or 72 hours without eating carbs. For me the Keto flu never lasted over 3 days, and that only happened the first time I tried the diet. Now I can hop back onto full ketosis without ever feeling the keto flu.
have you tried those keto test strips?

https://www.muscleforlife.com/how-insulin-works/

The answer is at the end:

it comes back to energy balance–regularly give your body more energy than it burns, whether in the form of protein, carbohydrate, or fat, and you’ll get fatter.

So if you eat 4 tiramisu in a day thats like 2000 calories if you had tiramisu everyday for 5 days.
To burn that off you'd probably need a steady heart rate of 150 with 2 hours of work.
Thats alot of work, if you are not fit, firstly you may not even be able to make the 2 hours of work and if you did you will be injured and won't be able to back that up in the next day.

I hear alot of people say diet is the most important.
Let’s say you burn on a average of 2110 calories per day.

And you just ate your first meal of the day.
748349C5-F51B-4333-BFB7-B2EEEBF0E643.gif
You have ZERO calories left to eat.

If you eat more than that, then you’re just getting fat. If you stop eating, then you’re just maintaining the body fat you have. If you want to burn the body fat, then try only eating only 1000 calories the next day.

I won a weight loss contest though cheating and being smart.

Cheating: I ate loads of sodium laden food and drank water like a mo-fo before my initial weigh in. I was easily 5 kgs over what I should have been.

Smart: I dropped carbs for a couple of weeks to start burning fat instead of glycogen. Then when I was totally used to it did lots of low level cardio, some weight lifting and occasional sprints.

Weight dropped off me like Christian Bale.

I'm still a fat burner now and feel like a king!

Truth is though one of the reasons there is so much controversy and difference of opinions on how best lose weight is because the human body is a bloody complex system.

It's not one solution fits all.

Best try and get in the habit of experimenting, measuring results and adapting accordingly.

See what actually works FOR YOU.

Best of luck

Back