is tba classic easy?

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
seems like everyone there gets a belt. anyone have experience fighting at tba classic?

seems like everyone there gets a belt. anyone have experience fighting at tba classic?
I haven't fought on it, but I've been there with the team before.

Its a tournament where everyone's trying to take your head off, don't underestimate it. At the novice / C-class level, like most fights at that level are very adrenaline and aggression fueled.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are multiple rings in the area so sometimes your bell might go off and your opponent might not know and still continue. So protect yourself at all times, bell goes off, but he doesn't hear it, don't get passive and walk away, only when the ref calls it.

Most gyms there are from the area (midwest) and for some reason don't have a strong clinch game, so guys who focus on that usually wreck town

Worse is not to take damage early on cause you have to fight again soon. Also, there's a double weigh in, so don't do a huge cut as you won't make weight on the final day. You do have to weight in clean and in thai shorts. Basically you can't sauna it then walk into the venue like a disgusting sweaty bum, you gotta wipe down and clean up prior.

I haven't fought on it, but I've been there with the team before.

Its a tournament where everyone's trying to take your head off, don't underestimate it. At the novice / C-class level, like most fights at that level are very adrenaline and aggression fueled.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are multiple rings in the area so sometimes your bell might go off and your opponent might not know and still continue. So protect yourself at all times, bell goes off, but he doesn't hear it, don't get passive and walk away, only when the ref calls it.

Most gyms there are from the area (midwest) and for some reason don't have a strong clinch game, so guys who focus on that usually wreck town

Worse is not to take damage early on cause you have to fight again soon. Also, there's a double weigh in, so don't do a huge cut as you won't make weight on the final day. You do have to weight in clean and in thai shorts. Basically you can't sauna it then walk into the venue like a disgusting sweaty bum, you gotta wipe down and clean up prior.
what do you mean double weigh in?

what do you mean double weigh in?
You weigh in the day before your first fight. Then 2 days later if you make it to the finals, you weigh in on the morning, thrn fight 2-3h later

You weigh in the day before your first fight. Then 2 days later if you make it to the finals, you weigh in on the morning, thrn fight 2-3h later
wtf lol thats stupid what happens if you dont make weight the 2nd time? i guess they do that to make people fight at their natural weight.

wtf lol thats stupid what happens if you dont make weight the 2nd time? i guess they do that to make people fight at their natural weight.
If you miss weight then you don't fight, and opponent wins by default I think. So far I haven't seen anyone miss the 2nd one. There's a grace for weight, but its barely anything, like 0.5lbs or something.

Oddly some other orgs have started to implement this weigh in method for tournaments.

Back in 2012 there was just 1 weigh in, and the 24h one, not sure why they decided to add the finals one.

Are you competing in it? Its actually this week

If you miss weight then you don't fight, and opponent wins by default I think. So far I haven't seen anyone miss the 2nd one. There's a grace for weight, but its barely anything, like 0.5lbs or something.

Oddly some other orgs have started to implement this weigh in method for tournaments.

Back in 2012 there was just 1 weigh in, and the 24h one, not sure why they decided to add the finals one.

Are you competing in it? Its actually this week
no im not competing. im currently taking a break. people from my gym always be getting belts lol. i do plan to compete there someday.

I have been meaning to compete on the TBA classic myself as well although traveling is tuff for me due to personal reasons. Anyways I would look at the TBA Classic, as a gathering of all the people that are competing at their local amateur shows in their state. So it would be a step up in competition IMO. As your likely to get matched with someone out of state, rather then a local guy. That being said I wouldnt really look at it any different than any other fight. I dont think winning it is "easy".

I fought the amatuer WBC champion of the tournament they had up in Washington.

link if your interested.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jonas-staggs-vs-wbc-champ-johnny-jackson.3561697/

i mean it's a huge amateur tournament...so there will be a lotta belts giving out

two people from my old gym just won their class and division. one in the senior cruiserweight and another in the female class...Jackie Buntan - she's a name to look out for. she'll be great once she turns pro

My gym had literally like 10 TBA champions and I cleaned all of them up quite easy come spar time. I signed up but my team pulled out the year I did and we never went unfortunately. Really wanted one of those belts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back