Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bro-in-law broke his toe and went to the darn ER for it. They taped it up and were like "don't come to the ER for a broken toe".

Weighed 190.0 on the dot this morning. I need to buy some light chinos/khakis for the summer. Jeans are far too hot.
Good work Doc!

Nothing interesting since Thursday, folks?
I'm on house-husband duty this week. My girlfriend has gone to Italy so I'm working from home and looking after the boys, taking them to their clubs etc. So far, so good, no-one's died, so there's that.

My rugby team has a new coach. I dig his style, enjoying not being yelled at a lot.

I'm on house-husband duty this week. My girlfriend has gone to Italy so I'm working from home and looking after the boys, taking them to their clubs etc. So far, so good, no-one's died, so there's that.
Any plans to get married?

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary at work. It was a probationary period that ended with having to write 8 essays on specific topics related to the job. It’s idiotic that writing skills determine if you can do the job or not, but I passed everything.

With that comes a 10% pay increase effective immediately. On top of that, in the coming months we’re signing a new contract that increases our pay an additional 17% (we’ve been without a contract for 4 years now).

Before I had this job, I was broke while working shitty low end jobs not making enough money to get by and accruing a lot of debt. I’ve paid off a good chunk of it already, and I can’t wait to pay off the rest and start saving for a house/life.

I’ll finally be able to get my life started and I’m pretty stoked!

How good is your team?
Not very good. The team has been lacking structure and consistency big time, I really hope this might be some sort of tipping point. This season was the first out of four or five total that we didn't come out last in our league, I hope for better things in the coming season.

Any plans to get married?
No. We've been together 14 years, have a house, 2 kids etc. I can't see how getting married would improve any of that, so don't really see the point.

Last of the old romantics, I know.

No. We've been together 14 years, have a house, 2 kids etc. I can't see how getting married would improve any of that, so don't really see the point.

Last of the old romantics, I know.
Sounds like you live in Quebec!

Is marriage becoming less popular in Britain?

Sounds like you live in Quebec!

Is marriage becoming less popular in Britain?
I don't know, plenty of my friends and family get married still. I'm not sure how it compares to previous generations though. One thing I will note though, is it seems that weddings are the new thing to out-do people, ie spend more money on the day, bigger, "better" wedding ceremonies, stag / hen parties, honeymoons. That's just not me at all.

If I were to get married (and it's a big if), it would be a very small affair, probably just my girlfriend, kids and I.

Marriage can make a lot of sense here in Germany, you can easily save a shitload of money by just changing the legal status of your relationship. It's crazy.

I don't know, plenty of my friends and family get married still. I'm not sure how it compares to previous generations though. One thing I will note though, is it seems that weddings are the new thing to out-do people, ie spend more money on the day, bigger, "better" wedding ceremonies, stag / hen parties, honeymoons. That's just not me at all.

If I were to get married (and it's a big if), it would be a very small affair, probably just my girlfriend, kids and I.

I hear that! Its ridiculous over here. I mean there is that small non-conformist population that will do things in a reasonable fashion, but for the most part everyone is trying to out-wed the last couple. Fucking silly and expensive; especially since its really likely that the couple will likely divorce in a few years.

We got married in Florida on the beach, then had a small buffet and drinks at the rowing club a few months later with the people who couldn't be with us on the actual day. Was fun and I'm not still paying for it.

Finished the box of wine I started last night.

I have moved to box wine as my "available when necessary," which is pretty much every night. I'll crack open a nice bottle every once in awhile or when we have guests. I would say that the quality and breadth of choice for boxed wine has steadily improved since I started drinking wine.

Last edited:
Weekend plans Pub?

As mentioned earlier in Pub, my girlfriend has been away in Italy this week - she comes home tomorrow so will be collecting her from the airport.

Tonight, we're going to have a "boys night" with movies, games, and snacks and sleeping downstairs (for some reason, the boys think sleeping downstairs is a huge treat lol). Tomorrow, I'll probably do some last minute housework to get the place looking nice and then take my boys to the park before going to the airport.

Sunday I expect we'll do something nice just the four of us.

Today whilst working from home I'm going to squat, do some push presses and maybe some trapbar deadlifts.

Oh, and I'm going to drink some of my new Whisky....I haven't drunk at all this week due to being the only parent around, just incase something required me to drive for the boys in an emergency.

#responsible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back