Fairtex vs Raja vs Boon

JabJabHookYou

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking for a 10oz or 12oz bag/pad glove with good wrist support (since I have skinny wrists) and good knuckle padding. I'm currently looking at Fairtex, Raja and Boon. Which of these would you recommend? Thanks.

Hey guys. I'm looking for a 10oz or 12oz bag/pad glove with good wrist support (since I have skinny wrists) and good knuckle padding. I'm currently looking at Fairtex, Raja and Boon. Which of these would you recommend? Thanks.
The fairtex bvg9 have great wrist support, I do find the hand compartment a little too big though. I wear winning knuckle guards woth them and that make them fit snuggly.
The BVG1s wrist support isnt great due to the short cuff.
Havent tried Boons but most people rate the wrist support highly

The fairtex bvg9 are great bags gloves in my opinion. I didn't get on with the BVG1 as I didn't like the lack of grip bar

I own, 16oz Raja, 14oz Boon, and 12oz Fairtex BGV1. Of the three, I would say the Boons had the best wrist support, as they have more of a western boxing glove profile. However, given that they are all velcro, and Thai style (mostly), they don't have the best wrist support since they give your wrists some flexibility in order to clinch.

I like the Boon's for bag work, feel like their padding is denser than the others, and the Raja's are a little more pillowy, which is good for sparring.

My fairtex gloves are just too uncomfortable for me to even wear, but I may have just gotten a bad pair since a lot of people seem to like those.

I own, 16oz Raja, 14oz Boon, and 12oz Fairtex BGV1. Of the three, I would say the Boons had the best wrist support, as they have more of a western boxing glove profile. However, given that they are all velcro, and Thai style (mostly), they don't have the best wrist support since they give your wrists some flexibility in order to clinch.

I like the Boon's for bag work, feel like their padding is denser than the others, and the Raja's are a little more pillowy, which is good for sparring.

My fairtex gloves are just too uncomfortable for me to even wear, but I may have just gotten a bad pair since a lot of people seem to like those.
You brought the wrong model I think the BGV9 are what you wanted those area the "Mexican" style I love those hated the BGV1

You brought the wrong model I think the BGV9 are what you wanted those area the "Mexican" style I love those hated the BGV1
Yeah Im not a fan of the BVG1s. too wide and the lack of a grip bar feels weird to me. Wrist support isnt great for bagwork

In hindsight, yes, I totally should have went with the BGV9's but I was a sucker for their limited edition BGV1 "classic" design. Thought they looked awesome but I literally can't use them for more than

Fairtex BGV1 aren't meant to have wrist support... They're a Muay Thai glove and need flexibility in the wrist for clinching.

Fairtex BGV9 have the most wrist support of any glove I've ever used. TS get some Fairtex BGV9's.

I've used Boon, Twins, Fairtex, Topboxer, Cleto Reyes, Everlast and plenty of other brands. Out of all of them I'd recommend only Fairtex, Topboxer and Cleto for boxing. Fairtex, Twins and Boon for Muay Thai.

Boon were the gloves with the smallest hand compartment of all gloves I ever tried. Wanted to use a 12ounces pair but couldnt even fit my hand in without bandage. Wrist support was excellent and build quality very good.

I

Last edited:
Boon were the gloves with the smallest hand compartment of all gloves I ever tried. Wanted to use a 12ounces pair but couldnt even fit my hand in without bandage. Wrist support was excellent and build quality very good.

I

Weird, mine had the biggest hand compartment (width wise) of all the thai brands I've used.

Weird, mine had the biggest hand compartment (width wise) of all the thai brands I've used.

That really is weird as I have normal sized hands. But a friend bought 16oz Boon for sparring (big guy) and also couldnt fit his hands in with bandages. Have now ordered BGV9s

Last edited:
i'm a boon guy...following that, based on the other brands you are looking at, i'd go fairex then raja.

That really is weird as I have normal sized hands. But a friend bought 16oz Boon for sparring (big guy) and also couldnt fit his hands in with bandages. Have now ordered BGV9s

My pair has the older logo, the one with the white background under the logo, maybe they made a change when they switched over to the new design.

I actually just ordered a new pair since KStarGear is going out of business and is selling them for cheap, so I'll see if it's different than my old ones.

I've used Boon, Twins, Fairtex, Topboxer, Cleto Reyes, Everlast and plenty of other brands. Out of all of them I'd recommend only Fairtex, Topboxer and Cleto for boxing. Fairtex, Twins and Boon for Muay Thai.

Hi, have you used Top King before? And if so, what's your opinion on them. Thank you.

I'm looking to grab 16oz sparring glove. Any suggestions? Looking at Boon or Top Kings.

I'm looking to grab 16oz sparring glove. Any suggestions? Looking at Boon or Top Kings.
Top kings are huge gloves on the outside but very tight hand compartment. See my post on gear reviews for a size comparison
35302407_10156294300160505_5305615157068562432_o_zpsbnau8qow.jpg

10oz twins, 12oz fairtex bvg1, 12oz fairtex bvg9, 14oz top king

Last edited:

Just to finish this. I have received the BGV9 12 ounces and they are every bit what I expected. Great build quality, very good wrist support better than top ten, Cleto, twins I tried) with only Boon being on par (but having too small inside for my hands) and a nice snug glove compartment. Definitely my go to bag/mitt glove.

Back