• Psycho

• The Omen

• Halloween

• A Nightmare on Elm Street

• The Silence of the Lambs

• The Exorcist

• Rosemary's Baby

Results are only viewable after voting.
Out of them I voted Rosemary's Baby. Polanski could set a mood like no other director

As lame as it sounds, the only movie that ever actually had me on the verge of shitting my pants was Event Horizon

a-l-interieur-original.jpg

This flick is more frightening than any of the poll options.

This movie was fantastic. It should have been a massive hit in the US.

None of those movies scared me. I am as unshakeable as Mt Everest. As fearless as a speeding air to air missile.

Exorcist is 1, Shining is 2 for me...I honestly don't get why Rosemary's Baby is considered to be so great, I thought it was terrible...

They're fucking remaking it for the US and it comes out in a few months.

I ain't watching it.

The problem is....they’ll try to make it their own. If they’re going to remake it, they should use the same director, the same dialogue, the same score, maybe even the same actors. The only difference would be that it’s in English and no subtitles would be needed.

Recently rewatched Red Dragon, first time seeing it since I originally saw it in the theater. Very underrated. You see?

Alien.

the shinning and the exorcist pale in comparison.

Halloween is my favorite from the list but I like them all. The Shining however has an atmosphere that I've never felt before or since. From the opening credits, something feels "off" about the movie that I just can't place and that makes it a masterpiece.

Halloween is my favorite from the list but I like them all. The Shining however has an atmosphere that I've never felt before or since. From the opening credits, something feels "off" about the movie that I just can't place and that makes it a masterpiece.
Kubrick being Kubrick

The Shining still disturbs me the most at this point.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre should be on this list.

I watch The Shining every fall.

Great autumn/Halloween flick, imo

The problem is....they’ll try to make it their own. If they’re going to remake it, they should use the same director, the same dialogue, the same score, maybe even the same actors. The only difference would be that it’s in English and no subtitles would be needed.

They'll tone down the violence/blood/gore.

That original movie wouldn't make it to US theaters.

The a-pex of the genre is The Shining, The Exorcist, The Omen, Alien and possibly The Thing. Those are the true heavyweights.

Then you have movies like Carrie in a different tier.

I voted for the Omen mostly because I saw it when I was a kid and it shat me up big time.

I don't really have a favorite horror film, the genre is too big. You can't really compare something like The Orphanage to Night of the Living Dead.

I like The Exorcist and Halloween equally.

The Shining is so overrated. And I say that as a huge Kubrick fan.

The original Nightmare On Elm Street is my favorite film off that list. Although my favorite horror flick of all time is one you didn't even list: the '82 version of The Thing.

Out of them I voted Rosemary's Baby. Polanski could set a mood like no other director

As lame as it sounds, the only movie that ever actually had me on the verge of shitting my pants was Event Horizon

Greatest display of an orgy I've ever seen.

The Children (1980) scared the shit out of me when I was little, something about radiated kids burning people with their touch.

Check out The Children (2008) <-- great film and some of the hottest JAILBAIT ever (girl was like 20 in real life).

In before the dork brigade suggests serbian film and other shitty foreign films.

I am going to teabag the first dork that comes in here and mentions that fucking film....shit, not you though, that's it, the SECOND dork that comes in here and mentions that movie-that-shall-not-be-named is going to seriously taste my scrotum and the cherry flavored trans-scrotal patch I am wearing to stop smoking. So, in retrospect it might not be such a threat with the sweet sweet taste of cherry fromunda cheese, but it is still the sentiment that I am doing something very nasty to your face parts.

The a-pex of the genre is The Shining, The Exorcist, The Omen, Alien and possibly The Thing. Those are the true heavyweights.

Then you have movies like Carrie in a different tier.

The Thing gets overlooked too often. Great flick. I picked Psycho. It's 1A and 1B with The Shining for me.

Back