Ads Are Just Too Much

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is there a problem with Ads or it's just Sherdog being greedy?

Not only do we have ads at the top and at the bottom of the page but now we have a huge ad in between the sticky threads and the regular threads AND another one right at the bottom of our post, just beneath the edit, report buttons.

The page took a long time to load before, but now it's just ridiculous. The page loads and the ads pops up and load a few seconds after causing the page to move.

Ads were already added not to long ago and now this? When is it going to stop?

Trying to generate more revenue by adding more and more ads is not helping. It ruins the browsing experience for everyone and people are just not going to come here or will start using ad blockers.

769cRvG.png

I mean seriously?

nrF8ex1.png

How many people are going to accidently click on the ad instead of "edit" or "quote"

This is on mobile by the way. I don't deal with this crap on pc by using an ad blocker.

I must agree... it has become pretty unbearable lately.

Last edited:
Complete stupidity, Sherdog is barely usable after the recent Downgrade,,,,

Idk what you guys are talking about. I don't see any ads.

Plat crew checking in.

Idk what you guys are talking about. I don't see any ads.

Plat crew checking in.
You payed for platinum, jokes on you.

Anyway, like a lot of members have already mentionned around the forum, the addition of more ads have made this site difficult to use.

The people responsible for these ads should realize that having too much ads can actually be counter productive for Sherdog's revenue.

Firstly, because new users and even regular users might start going somewhere else or just stop using it altogether rather than having to deal with the ads themselves, the lag and the usability issues caused by them.

And secondly, because more and more users will start using ad blockers and definitely won't be inclined to make an exception for this website.

Unfourtunately for Sherdog, the added ads will cause more harm then good in the long run.

Last edited:
You payed for platinum, jokes on you.

Anyway, like a lot of members have already mentionned around the forum, the addition of more ads have made this site difficult to use. And unfourtunately for Sherdog, new users visiting the site for the first time might be put off by the number of ads and the usability issues caused by them.

Having too much ads is counter productive even for Sherdog's revenue. Firstly because new users and even regular users will start going somewhere else and secondly because more and more users will start using ad blockers and definitely won't be inclined to make an exception for this site.

{<huh}

Jokes on me for supporting a website that I enjoy?
<YeahOKJen>

Man, these ads are ridiculous on my MacBook pro.

Can't even sit for 5 seconds without an ad redirecting me to another webpage.

I gotta go on my phone if I don't want these ads to constantly keep redirecting me....

What this site needs is a lifetime membership option.

Can someone please fix this? Mackeeper constantly redirecting me to their website whenever I visit these boards.

The ad spam on the sherdog mobile site is obnoxious as hell

Back