latest rumors on WBSS: 140 and 118, Inoue possibly in

all of this increased russian government participation is a bit worrying

I don't think WBSS season 2 is going to see another SMW tournament, Kalle threw that idea out, it sounds like it'll be a LHW tourney.

Also, sounds like Taylor isn't certainy now at all, since he's chasing a fight with Ramirez.

http://www.irish-boxing.com/russian...in-ryan-burnett-in-world-boxing-super-series/

this seems to confirm Aloyan (rated by the WBA and IBF)

Says the big rumors for remaining names are Gaballo (WBA), Donaire (WBO), Moloney (WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO), Solis (WBC, WBA), Payano (WBC, WBA, WBO), Nery (rated by nobody), Oubaali (WBC, WBA) and Sor Chitpattana (WBC).

Other names I've heard are Estrada (WBC), Haskins (WBC, IBF, WBO), Patel (WBO), Negrete (WBC), Dasmarinas (WBC, IBF), and Butler (IBF).

Last edited:

This man? One Mikhail Aloyan?
Misha_Aloyan.jpeg

The disgraced Armenian representing Russia in Rio who was subsequently stripped of his "hard earned" silver medal after testing positive for the banned PED substance Tuaminoheptane? The same Aloyan that's still a prospect with only 4 recognized pro fights (4 fights/wins that aren't recognized were in APB where he became AIBA's Flyweight world champion) who competed on Russian soil against the same number of regional level Nicaraguans? The same Aloyan that's currently ranked by BoxRec as the almighty #35 Bantamweight in the world?!
giphy.gif

Must be some kind of secretarial mistake. Maybe this deal was struck for him to be a reserve fighter, a la Holzken? Of course not.

This man? One Mikhail Aloyan?
Misha_Aloyan.jpeg

The disgraced Armenian representing Russia in Rio who was subsequently stripped of his "hard earned" silver medal after testing positive for the banned PED substance Tuaminoheptane? The same Aloyan that's still a prospect with only 4 recognized pro fights (4 fights/wins that aren't recognized were in APB where he became AIBA's Flyweight world champion) who competed on Russian soil against the same number of regional level Nicaraguans? The same Aloyan that's currently ranked by BoxRec as the almighty #35 Bantamweight in the world?!
giphy.gif

Must be some kind of secretarial mistake. Maybe this deal was struck for him to be a reserve fighter, a la Holzken? Of course not.
the one and only.

My thinking is that they're trying to get this kid in as a trade off of some variety. THey must have some leverage on Kalle.

I actually think the kid looks talented too. Moves well, good technique, well conditioned. But no power. This is way too early IMO. Really hope this doesn't happen.

July 22nd is pickings day apparently

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbss-season-two-draw-take-place-moscow-july-22--129606

This article seems to put weight behind Aloyan's place, Troyanovsky's participation (was expected since he's Baranchyk's mandatory), and Chudinov's role in whatever is the next tournament (hopefully not SMW part 2, hopefully LHW or MW instead).

edit:

these are the original sources in Russian. Anybody that could translate would be greatly appreciated:
https://matchtv.ru/boxing/matchtvne...Chudinov_primut_uchastije_v_novom_sezone_WBSS
https://karate.ru/news/2018-06-21/troe-rossiyan-primut-uchastie-vo-vtorom-sezone-wbss/

Last edited:
Brackets will be sick, obviously expecting a couple no name no hopers, but there's been quality names getting mentioned, and I think with how well the last series went, pretty damn well if you ask me, this next one should be bonkers.

So officially announced/confirmed by the WBSS we have so far:

LWW:
Taylor
Relikh
Yigit
Baranchyk
Troyanovsky
Prograis/Velasco winner

BW:
Tete
Burnett
Rodriguez
Moloney
Donaire

leading rumors:
140: Ryan Martin, Mo Hooker

118: Inoue, Aloyan, Payano

Sauerland talked about the importance of mandatories, which could mean they sign Saucedo if Hooker jones or Gaballo maybe.

Last edited:

so no Lipinets. ONe spot left, probably goes to either Ramirez or Hooker

hmmm, sounds like Hooker isn't in. That's a shame. My guess is Catterall, Flanagan, or Robbie Davies Jr. That is unless they drop Ryan Martin.

Hearing rumors Burnett may have pulled out. Nothing too credible, but a coward move if true.

Back