New purchases incoming (unless you convince me otherwise )

never enough

Colour my life with the Chaos of trouble
@Orange
Reaction score
So I'm crosstraining boxing and MT and doing more boxing sparring but any gear I buy needs to be multipurpose
Topking full coverage headgear. Ive read good reviews
Topking shin gaurds to replace my old ones
Boon gloves 16oz as a decent boxing/muay thai hybrid glove. also good for small hands. I don't tend to clinch much.
I don't think my sparring partners enjoyed my 12oz fairtex bvg9s :D

Triumph United death adders....they are amazing for bag, pads and sparring. Also very compact gloves.

Actually went with top king gloves as well in 14oz. Couldnt wait for the boons on back order and didnt want the huge 16oz top kings
Im just hoping they arent too puffy and big. We dont have set rules on glove size for boxing and MT people just use what they have, usually 12oz gloves

Sounds like some very decent, solid picks. They should do good for you

Sounds like some very decent, solid picks. They should do good for you
To be honest I'm not loving the topking gloves. They are huge! My 14oz gloves look like 18oz twins!.
And my thumb gets cramp from the tightness. Hopefully they will break in some more. They were super stiff to start with. Done about 20rounds of bag work to break them in some

To be honest I'm not loving the topking gloves. They are huge! My 14oz gloves look like 18oz twins!.
And my thumb gets cramp from the tightness. Hopefully they will break in some more. They were super stiff to start with. Done about 20rounds of bag work to break them in some

I didn't see you list TopKing gloves in the OP, lol. I might have said something different otherwise. Those are known as the tightest gloves in the universe while at the same time being the largest comically-sized gloves.

Topking full coverage headgear. Ive read good reviews
Topking shin gaurds to replace my old ones
Boon gloves 16oz as a decent boxing/muay thai hybrid glove

^^ Looks like I was right, you never listed TopKing gloves.

Seems like each best made specific type of gear is made by a different company. I think Winning is the only brand that makes more than one thing that is rated at the very top (their gloves and headgear are both pro favorites)

I didn't see you list TopKing gloves in the OP, lol. I might have said something different otherwise. Those are known as the tightest gloves in the universe while at the same time being the largest comically-sized gloves.

^^ Looks like I was right, you never listed TopKing gloves.

Seems like each best made specific type of gear is made by a different company. I think Winning is the only brand that makes more than one thing that is rated at the very top (their gloves and headgear are both pro favorites)
Yeah I didn't want to wait for the boons on backorder. I kinda wish I had waited now.
The topking shinguards fit perfectly as does the head gear. I really don't like wearing head gear though

Yeah I didn't want to wait for the boons on backorder. I kinda wish I had waited now.
The topking shinguards fit perfectly as does the head gear. I really don't like wearing head gear though

Their shinguards are universally regarded as the best. Their headgear got mixed reviews but no one said it was the worst, it was just kind of okay. Headgear just sucks to wear at all, regardless of who makes it. I think Winning gets the least complaints but it also costs several hundred.

Boons are great unless you get the occasional lemon. If you get a good pair its like heaven and your arms feel like lazers. Boon velcro gloves surprisingly give the best support and feel-- they aren't as good at making laceups for some reason.

Their shinguards are universally regarded as the best. Their headgear got mixed reviews but no one said it was the worst, it was just kind of okay. Headgear just sucks to wear at all, regardless of who makes it. I think Winning gets the least complaints but it also costs several

Boons are great unless you get the occasional lemon. If you get a good pair its like heaven and your arms feel like lazers. Boon velcro gloves surprisingly give the best support and feel-- they aren't as good at making laceups for some reason.

I'm guessing 16oz boons will still look smaller than 14oz topkings

I'm guessing 16oz boons will still look smaller than 14oz topkings

They're pretty sleek. And Boons tend to be an ounce or two lighter than what is printed on the glove. They're still nicely padded though.

All of these aren't bad options.. I don't prefer top king but I know they aren't the worst gear in the world. I personally use a good amount of Fairtex (shin guards, headgear, etc..) and they have went above and beyond. Although I don't have much to compare to I still think the Fairtex brand is one of the best when it comes to good muay thai gear and equipment.
https://themmaguru.com/best-muay-thai-gear-equipment/ I actually was convinced through this article that there is a big difference between the top brands (such as: twins, fairtex, topking, etc).. I learned a lot from it and before you buy I would highly recommend reading all of that.

All of these aren't bad options.. I don't prefer top king but I know they aren't the worst gear in the world. I personally use a good amount of Fairtex (shin guards, headgear, etc..) and they have went above and beyond. Although I don't have much to compare to I still think the Fairtex brand is one of the best when it comes to good muay thai gear and equipment.
https://themmaguru.com/best-muay-thai-gear-equipment/ I actually was convinced through this article that there is a big difference between the top brands (such as: twins, fairtex, topking, etc).. I learned a lot from it and before you buy I would highly recommend reading all of that.

You convinced yourself through an article you wrote? How long do you test this gear for? an hour, minute, second, or just visually through youtube and the regurgitating what they said.

I have the top king and almost never used it because they are gigantic and my punches always get stuck in someone's guard. I just got a new pair of boon 16 oz and felt that the cuff is a bit too long for my liking, wished i have gotten their new compact model.

You convinced yourself through an article you wrote? How long do you test this gear for? an hour, minute, second, or just visually through youtube and the regurgitating what they said.
Thanks @Woldog I came to this site for actual tried and true recommendations. I read all the internet postings and most of them seem like generic copy and paste reviews. Most of the sherdog reviews are honest and to the point (and unpaid for)
Unfortunately the g & e forum makes me want more gear!! I won't be happy till I decide on some top boxers ☺

I have the top king and almost never used it because they are gigantic and my punches always get stuck in someone's guard. I just got a new pair of boon 16 oz and felt that the cuff is a bit too long for my liking, wished i have gotten their new compact model.
Compact model boons look good! I'm hoping someone does an in depth review.

Compact model boons look good! I'm hoping someone does an in depth review.
Maybe the mma guru could buy the gear, try it once, write an article about it, sign in as random sherbro, and then say that the article that he wrote helped him make a decision on a purchase, so he could promote his own site.

Back