UFC 226

Too late now, pretty sure Maxs price gets worse from here. I bet Holloway, Burns, Klose, Griffin and Cormier with no reservations, I KNOW I'm on the right side on these fights. I also bet Assuncao and Chiesa but I'm not as confident I'm on the right side. Also bet Lewis but really who the hell know on that 1. May bet Medeiros but I doubt it. People counting on Hall to KO Costa seems like a losing proposition to me but I see why some would think that. I'd love to bet Saki but not at -175. Obv not betting Moyle at -300 but wouldnt bet Whitmire at +250 either lol. I'm very confident in this card overall so if you respect my opinion and are against me I would highly recommend further research. I dont want to see anyone get hurt(monetarily) on such a beautiful fight night.

The hardest fights for me to pick on this card are Assuncao-Font and Chiesa-Pettis any insight here would be much appreciated.

Too late now, pretty sure Maxs price gets worse from here. I bet Holloway, Burns, Klose, Griffin and Cormier with no reservations, I KNOW I'm on the right side on these fights. I also bet Assuncao and Chiesa but I'm not as confident I'm on the right side. Also bet Lewis but really who the hell know on that 1. May bet Medeiros but I doubt it. People counting on Hall to KO Costa seems like a losing proposition to me but I see why some would think that. I'd love to bet Saki but not at -175. Obv not betting Moyle at -300 but wouldnt bet Whitmire at +250 either lol. I'm very confident in this card overall so if you respect my opinion and are against me I would highly recommend further research. I dont want to see anyone get hurt(monetarily) on such a beautiful fight night.

The hardest fights for me to pick on this card are Assuncao-Font and Chiesa-Pettis any insight here would be much appreciated.
Im FAVOURING Chiesa, he is bigger and has taken down every oponnent so far . Pettis kryptonite is wrestling so this isnt a good matchup for him. Chiesa should grind a decision, he has also a good chin so Im not worried about Pettis stand up

Is Ortega going to be able to take Max down? That's what I keep coming back to. I just dont see Ortega being able to beat Max on the feet, and I dont see him catching Max in a standing gullotine either. I just really think Ortega is going to have issues in the later rounds once Max really opens up.

Ortega has enjoyed a nice size and height advantage in his fights. Well hes about to fight the ultimate size advantage guy at 145. Hes going to be the smaller guy, and hes not going to be able to hurt Max. Remember Max ate Conor's best punches too. The guy cant be KOed. If Ortega stops Max then the guy will stop anyone.
I dont think Ortega needs the takedown to sub Max, he has some nasty stanting chokes in the pocket and Max has to be very very cautios with his subs even if the fight stays standing. Ortega ITD +260 seems the better play compared to his ML if you think to come on the dark side.

I dont think Ortega needs the takedown to sub Max, he has some nasty stanting chokes in the pocket and Max has to be very very cautios with his subs even if the fight stays standing. Ortega ITD +260 seems the better play compared to his ML if you think to come on the dark side.

Will he be able to catch Max in something when Max is the taller guy though? It's a lot easier when guys like Cub who is 5'7 is bending down. I just think Max is going to keep his distance, (where Ortega wants to be striking wise because hes usually longer than his opponent opponent), and land combinations on Ortega all night.

Ortega is very dangerous on theground, but he has yet to show the ability to take guys down like that. Not to say he cant do it though.

What if the black beast trained his wrestling non stop since his last fight? He just needs that one take down and he can take the round away from the predator... Nah never gonna happen, swangin' an' bangin' all night

Will he be able to catch Max in something when Max is the taller guy though? It's a lot easier when guys like Cub who is 5'7 is bending down. I just think Max is going to keep his distance, (where Ortega wants to be striking wise because hes usually longer than his opponent opponent), and land combinations on Ortega all night.

Ortega is very dangerous on theground, but he has yet to show the ability to take guys down like that. Not to say he cant do it though.
I fully agree with you, but what bothers me is that Max has never faced such a big submission threat in his career. Ortega can finish the fight with only 1 chance given to him and the fight is 25 minutes.
I still didnt bet the fight, but Ortega SUB is a must hedge for everyone taking Holloway i think.

I favour Stipe but just can't trust his finishing ability. He should have finished Ngassou no later than the 3rd but was content to just hang.

Last edited:
I favour Stipe but just can't trust his finishing ability. He should have finished Ngassou no later than the 3rd but was content to just hang.

Ngannou clearly has power in his shots even when he's tired, can't really blame Stipe for choosing the safer route there. Not so sure that he finishes DC either but that has more to do with DC having a great chin imo.

DC's ultra-hittable and has been rocked/hurt badly in 5 of his last 6 fights. Even Oezdemir was landing frequently on his chin despite Cormier's enthusiastic weaving. It's kinda weird how Cormier moves his head so much, but rarely seems to actually avoid any punches or really build off it.

Also it's fairly significant to me that DC's three most recent stoppages all just kinda... gave up. Oezdemir and Rumble x2 both didn't seem like they wanted to go on after the first round.

Also it's fairly significant to me that DC's three most recent stoppages all just kinda... gave up. Oezdemir and Rumble x2 both didn't seem like they wanted to go on after the first round.
This is why I can't rate DC as GOAT. His only really impressive lhw win is from Gus. Rumble just gave up both times. DC is great at playing some sort on big brother mind game with his opponents. He's good at getting their respect unless you happen to be a hyper competitive psycho like Bones of course. I don't think Stipe let's that affect him too much, but I think he'll try to play this safe and grind a win. I have Stipe dec at 4.2 and DC dec at 6.0 btw.

This is why I can't rate DC as GOAT. His only really impressive lhw win is from Gus. Rumble just gave up both times. DC is great at playing some sort on big brother mind game with his opponents. He's good at getting their respect unless you happen to be a hyper competitive psycho like Bones of course. I don't think Stipe let's that affect him too much, but I think he'll try to play this safe and grind a win. I have Stipe dec at 4.2 and DC dec at 6.0 btw.
And even Gus was an ultra-competitive split decision win as a -400 favorite, in which Gus almost had the KO with that knee. Rumble's a fairly-notorious quitter, and I find it hard to take Oezdemir seriously as a top 5 LHW when OSP should have won that dec, and 2 ultra-quick meme KOs.

And even Gus was an ultra-competitive split decision win as a -400 favorite, in which Gus almost had the KO with that knee.
I didn't remember that he was so steep underdog. I think DC will avoid him like plague.

Rumble's a fairly-notorious quitter.
I thought he had his head pretty well together on his lhw run. Before the rematch he said that he was aware of DC playing mind games but was ignoring it. I didn't buy it and had my money on DC.

I favor Chiesa but idk if i'd bet him at -165. I think he has the capability to make it a pretty difficult fight for Pettis

Lando Vanatta is going to style on Drakkar Klose until he gets really tired.

I actually can see this fight ending in a draw lol.
10-9 Lando
10-9 Lando
10-8 Klose when Lando is completely gassed

Aldo landed some massive shots on Holloway tbh. Didn't stop him, but Holloway doesn't have air tight defense when flurrying. Really leans on his chin and xcardi.

I agree, but Aldo's sooo much faster than Ortega and his level of striking in general is just uncomparable to what we have seen from Ortega thus far. Obviously improving fight to fight, but still.

10-9 Lando
10-9 Lando
Or just a 10-8 in the first if Lando goes hard for the finish like he did against Green and then two 10-9s

10-9 Lando
10-9 Lando

Agreed, betting on Klose is essentially hoping and praying that Lando gasses hard, because Lando styles on him standing and has pretty strong defensive wrestling to keep him there. Klose more of a grinder than a takedown artist. Lando supposedly has been working on his energy management this camp, we shall see if it pays dividends.

10-9 Lando
10-9 Lando
I see this fight going the exact opposite way. Klose is going to pound him backwards for 15 minutes, Lando won't have the space to set up any of his attacks, and if Klose wants to he'll end each round by grinding Lando against the cage so that there can't be any confusion about who deserves it. He'll chop Lando down with leg kicks because Lando's idea of striking defense is to keep his feet still and move his head.

Last edited:
Back