What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I dont know what to do as we have 2 seperate classifications for riffles.

1 is recretational hunting/shooting wich is what my firearm is classified under
And the other is target shooting where the firearm can only be used at a range. Ill have to seek legal advice when Im back home to see what steps to take.

Honestly where left in limbo with no real guidlines, its all left up to tne discretion of the state police department

Absolutely ridiculous

p_105053022_2.jpg

2000 rounds for $355 shipped.

I got drawn for muley does, within an hour from my house.

Shit is on.

Dammit I am really considering getting that Silencerco maxim 9. $801 and a free Octane 9.

Tactical Shit is having a sale on Blemished Battle Arms Development Parts and DVOR has a non stripped upper (installed parts kit) on sale for like $60

SilencerCo-Maxim-9-pistol-with-magazine.JPG

img_4748.jpg

Too good of a deal to pass up. $840 shipped and a free Octane 9.

Last edited:
CD14A7AB-4D55-4E48-9FF4-38986C780293.jpeg

Held one yesterday. Definitely my next purchase as soon as I find a threaded barrel one.

View attachment 397081

Held one yesterday. Definitely my next purchase as soon as I find a threaded barrel one.

....if only Ruger madenit look a bit cheaper.

Oh wel, I’m glad they brought it back, their older pc9 and pc40 carbines sort of tanked for a few reasons, firstly they only took Ruger magazines (p89,p90) I believe and Ruger was hoping to get police department contracts to sell their “system” but glocks were stealing the show and no police departments want d to issue Ruger pistols. Also the AR15 thing was starting to get really popular and pick up major steam for patrol rifles so nobody was going to pick a 9mm carbine/Ruger pistol combo over a Glock 17/22 and an ar15.

Is that the one the looks similar to McMillan?

I think it’s actually based off a Sako tr22. It’s a cheap option, it only costs 389.00 but gets awesome reviews and they actually make it for the t3/t3x. I like it because I’m not trying to spend 1k on a chassis so this is perfect.

I’m trying to sort of put together a longer range hunting rig, nothing extreme, I’m not one of those guys who tries to shoot mike deer at 700yds but I want something I can use for caribou out on the tundra where the approaches are tough since there’s nothing to hide behind.

Also just a fun range gun to shoot beer cans at 300yd from prone.

The gun is a tikka t3x superlite in 6.5cm I have a nightforce shv 3-10x42 mounted with nightforce ultra lite rings (they arent ultra lite) on a warne mountain tech 20moa rail.

....if only Ruger madenit look a bit cheaper.

Oh wel, I’m glad they brought it back, their older pc9 and pc40 carbines sort of tanked for a few reasons, firstly they only took Ruger magazines (p89,p90) I believe and Ruger was hoping to get police department contracts to sell their “system” but glocks were stealing the show and no police departments want d to issue Ruger pistols. Also the AR15 thing was starting to get really popular and pick up major steam for patrol rifles so nobody was going to pick a 9mm carbine/Ruger pistol combo over a Glock 17/22 and an ar15.

I don’t mind the looks. By listening to the customers, they kind of put themselves right between Hi Point carbines and 9mm AR clones. I think the big thing is they basically enlarged the 10/22 system everyone knows and loves. If Magpul listens to customers as well, there should be a X-22 style take down and back packer stock soon enough.
46F75387-F512-4B5C-A60F-6C38634A1B81.jpeg
CF3A05D5-2BD6-4380-A326-F67E7D9960C2.jpeg

Or better yet, Ruger sells the integrated suppressor barrel like the 10/22.
upload_2018-6-27_16-39-16.jpeg

I don’t mind the looks. By listening to the customers, they kind of put themselves right between Hi Point carbines and 9mm AR clones. I think the big thing is they basically enlarged the 10/22 system everyone knows and loves. If Magpul listens to customers as well, there should be a X-22 style take down and back packer stock soon enough.
View attachment 398611
View attachment 398613

Or better yet, Ruger sells the integrated suppressor barrel like the 10/22.
View attachment 398623

Ruger makes great stuff and actually listens to customers and tries to make what the customers want. I like the 9mm carbine, it just looks like something from those 1970s planet of the apes movies. A take down version would be awesome. That suppressor thing is awesome too, I really like integrally suppressed 22 rifles.

Not sure if you are aware, but it is already a take down...
View attachment 398629

Oh right on, I knew it was fairly easy to disassemble into a few pieces but I didn’t realize it was actually a “take down”. I havnt handled one or really looked into them. I read an article about them in a magazine while I was in the hospital with my broken ankle then I saw one on the shelf at a gun store a few weeks ago that’s all.

My dad has said he wants one though.

I think it’s actually based off a Sako tr22. It’s a cheap option, it only costs 389.00 but gets awesome reviews and they actually make it for the t3/t3x. I like it because I’m not trying to spend 1k on a chassis so this is perfect.

I’m trying to sort of put together a longer range hunting rig, nothing extreme, I’m not one of those guys who tries to shoot mike deer at 700yds but I want something I can use for caribou out on the tundra where the approaches are tough since there’s nothing to hide behind.

Also just a fun range gun to shoot beer cans at 300yd from prone.

The gun is a tikka t3x superlite in 6.5cm I have a nightforce shv 3-10x42 mounted with nightforce ultra lite rings (they arent ultra lite) on a warne mountain tech 20moa rail.
That's the same chassis I want to put my R700 SA receiver in for my 6.5 build.

It has the profile of a M40 stock almost right?

That's the same chassis I want to put my R700 SA receiver in for my 6.5 build.

It has the profile of a M40 stock almost right?

I don’t know, maybe the m40 a2/3. The only m40 stock I’ve had my hands on was an a1 style witch is basically sort of like a hunting/varminting stock. In fact I believe the original m40s were basically off Even shelf carmine models.

Back