Bellator MMA land 'game changing' multi-year nine-figure deal with DAZN

Nope you are off
While I don't remember the exact post, I do know how I felt about the deal & the info known
When the first announcement of ESPN+ was made they were paying UFC for Fight Pass content & paying way more than it was worth & charging 50% of FP.
UFC has 40+ shows a year, they were never putting their best content on OTT & they were still going to get big exposure from whomever they signed with for TV rights.
Also if you think ESPN wouldn't be promoting UFC after spending $150m per year, you are 100% wrong.

But AGAIN, I never said the DAZN deal was bad ... not remotely close
It was a deal Bellator needed & should be taking.
Nope. You're just trying to score points now. You're just spouting facts now to give the illusion you're correct but those facts have nothing to do with my first arguments on the ESPN+ deal with UFC.

I basically reasoned the UFC needed exposure/advertising more than it needed the ESPN+ deal. You disagreed sharply.

Now you are saying Bellator will lose exposure by signing a streaming deal. Basically the same thing I said regarding the ESPN+ deal.

I would need a source for ESPN cable showing cards as well. You claimed they would but this is the first I heard of that. I was told ESPN+ would be 15 cards for paid streaming.

And please don't act like ESPN commentators talking about the UFC is on par with free fight cards on cable TV. Not remotely the same thing. You can talk about ESPN promoting UFC until you're blue in the face but the actual fights are behind a payment threshold so many won't care about talking heads. Do you care about commentary on cards you can't watch unless you pay? If the UFC signs back with FOX or another cable company you think ESPN or ESPN+ will promote those cards?

ESPN is only promoting ESPN UFC and maybe UFC PPV's. What do they both have in common? You need to pay to watch both.

That's the farthest thing from good exposure/advertising.

I would need a source for ESPN cable showing cards as well. You claimed they would but this is the first I heard of that.

WoW
Thank you for that
You just admitted you are far from informed.

Take care

I dunno about that part. Both of them could badly use more talk time on ESPN. Need them to talk into legitimacy, action would be found by now for those that want to see action.

Of course
Mainstream coverage is great exposure
Far more than prelims on FS1 that only hardcore will care to tune into

Some don't understand the difference in what ESPN+ is paying for
That is the c-level cards that only hardcores care to watch
The ESPN publicity is huge.
Also ESPN is a PPV partner as well, so they will be promoting the PPV on ESPN
What you don't understand is business is not just about making money. Sometimes you have to give to get.

I basically reasoned the UFC needed exposure/advertising more than it needed the ESPN+ deal. You disagreed sharply.

But they aren't the same. DAZN paid good money it sounds for a company that needs money. Some hardcores that post on forums will subscribe to their service and watch the fights and others will find them through other means. But its not adding exposure.

ESPN+ would only be like DAZN if ESPN had no plans to advertise the UFC more on ESPN as a result. ESPN is going to cover the sport more though as they already signed Ariel and Chael to a show because now they have more of a reason to want the brand to grow.

ESPN+ cards likely wont get a lot of eyes, but the media coverage on the mainstream can only help PPV buys.

I’d drop 10 bucks on it, considering they offer some solid stuff. I’ve read that they also offer some of the better soccer leagues in the world

Boxing, mma, soccer, nba. That’s honestly enough to sell me. May not have bought it for Bellator alone, but that’s great value (granted it’s 10-15 a month)

DAZN is definitely going "all in".
The content seems a lot stronger outside of US

ESPN+ cards likely wont get a lot of eyes, but the media coverage on the mainstream can only help PPV buys.

I isolated that because i obviously agree on the rest

But since ESPN is a PPV partner, unlike Fox they will be promoting the PPV's as well.

But they aren't the same. DAZN paid good money it sounds for a company that needs money. Some hardcores that post on forums will subscribe to their service and watch the fights and others will find them through other means. But its not adding exposure.

ESPN+ would only be like DAZN if ESPN had no plans to advertise the UFC more on ESPN as a result. ESPN is going to cover the sport more though as they already signed Ariel and Chael to a show because now they have more of a reason to want the brand to grow.

I agree with much of what you say. You don't grasp my position on the UFC ESPN+ deal. That's my contention with this guy, not Bellator.

Nope. You're just trying to score points now. You're just spouting facts now to give the illusion you're correct but those facts have nothing to do with my first arguments on the ESPN+ deal with UFC.

Now you are saying Bellator will lose exposure by signing a streaming deal. Basically the same thing I said regarding the ESPN+ deal.

I would need a source for ESPN cable showing cards as well. You claimed they would but this is the first I heard of that. I was told ESPN+ would be 15 cards for paid streaming.

And please don't act like ESPN commentators talking about the UFC is on par with free fight cards on cable TV. Not remotely the same thing. You can talk about ESPN promoting UFC until you're blue in the face but the actual fights are behind a payment threshold so many won't care about talking heads. Do you care about commentary on cards you can't watch unless you pay? If the UFC signs back with FOX or another cable company you think ESPN or ESPN+ will promote those cards?

ESPN is only promoting ESPN UFC and maybe UFC PPV's. What do they both have in common? You need to pay to watch both.

That's the farthest thing from good exposure/advertising.

Here's a source:

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/23581729/espn-ufc-reach-five-year-television-rights-deal

espn cable network will air 10 fightnights and 12 ppv prelims per year, espn + will air 20 fight nights a year.

This means UFC will have 22 live events on espns cable network a year. That's a whole lotta exposure.

Your source says 30 events.

read the whole thing. 30 fight nights plus 12 ppv prelims. espn cable is getting 22 events (10 fight nights plus 12 ppv prelims) and espn + is getting 20 fight nights.

point being: Frankie is a made guy around here, You dont fuck with him.

if you do you're gonna get a dick up your nose like you're getting now.

at this point you should just spit the cum out, learn from your mistakes and move on.

read the whole thing. 30 fight nights plus 12 ppv prelims. espn cable is getting 22 events (10 fight nights plus 12 ppv prelims) and espn + is getting 20 fight nights.

at this point you should just spit the cum out, learn from your mistakes and move on.
So how many events. Total. In the deal?

More than 15? ...30 Fight Nights. Like I said.

Consider yourself pwned.

Don't need to read anything else.

OK that made me lol

But I didn't see him "fucking with me"
he obviously is clueless if he did not know of the UFC/ESPN deal ... I mean that is complete insanity

Trolls always out themselves ... it is one of the few guarantees in life
I took the time to explain & it was futile, so I stopped

But hysterical post & much appreciated man

you add a lot of good content on here in these type threads ... much appreciated
The cerebral conversations always outweigh the nitwits that cannot comprehend

OK that made me lol

But I didn't see him "fucking with me"
he obviously is clueless if he did not know of the UFC/ESPN deal ... I mean that is complete insanity

Trolls always out themselves ... it is one of the few guarantees in life
I took the time to explain & it was futile, so I stopped

But hysterical post & much appreciated man

you add a lot of good content on here in these type threads ... much appreciated
The cerebral conversations always outweigh the nitwits that cannot comprehend
But you're the one that got exposed. Your cheerleaders won't help you.

Last edited:
So how many events. Total. In the deal?

More than 15? ...30 Fight Nights. Like I said.

Consider yourself pwned.

Don't need to read anything else.

read the espn report. it's a total of 42 events (30 fight nights and 12 ppv prelims).

20 fight nights will air on espn + and 10 fight nights in addition to 12 ppv prelims (total of 22) will air on espn cable.

read the espn report. it's a total of 42 events (30 fight nights and 12 ppv prelims).

20 fight nights will air on espn + and 10 fight nights in addition to 12 ppv prelims (total of 22) will air on espn cable.
30 Shows
12 ppv prelims.

I said 30 Shows. I don't consider prelims a show whether you do or not. And that wasn't even my focus when I asked for the source.

But that's ok. Frankie didn't want to get exposed, so he left.

We good.

But you're the one that got exposed. Your cheerleaders won't help you.

frankie's been exposed for a while now

he's toned it down lately but he literally just copycats whatever Meltzer is saying.

Btw ... great thread
Kudos to those that contributed & were cerebral

Bottom line: Bellator is far more stable financially in 2019 than they were in 2017
That is a positive if you are an MMA fan
Hopefully DAZN catches on because a healthier Bellator is good for MMA

When @Kinosis liked this post it made me realize how insipid someone was that thought I was being negative about the deal

I didn't realize this was in the same thread

but ...

;)

Back