NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to pop in quickly and say how amazing Hollow Knight is. I've only spent around 5-6 hours on it so far but it was me hooked. Not only does the game look amazing, between the character and world designs to the beautiful OST, but the gameplay is insanely fun and challenging. I've hit about 3 "bosses" so far, and each one was unique and fun to fight. Can't wait to spend countless hours trying to do everything in this game. Glad it came with all the DLC.

Also want to join the small "Hollow Knight for Smash" movement!
Is this you Sonny? Got the switch for Father's day?

I'm also playing hollow knight, it's an awesome game. Got stuck a while after beating hornet, got enough money to get one of the most expensive items on the game, and explored a bunch of places I shouldn't, small enemies took like 7 hits to get defeated, and got a nice skill in return.

After all that, I realized I skipped a very obvious section, and found an NPC that can upgrade your sword. That makes all the fucking difference.

I'm hooked.

Is this you Sonny? Got the switch for Father's day?

I'm also playing hollow knight, it's an awesome game. Got stuck a while after beating hornet, got enough money to get one of the most expensive items on the game, and explored a bunch of places I shouldn't, small enemies took like 7 hits to get defeated, and got a nice skill in return.

After all that, I realized I skipped a very obvious section, and found an NPC that can upgrade your sword. That makes all the fucking difference.

I'm hooked.

No i'm not Sonny lol.

Also, curious where you got this sword upgrade. I've uncovered a good portion of the map and haven't gotten it yet.

No i'm not Sonny lol.

Also, curious where you got this sword upgrade. I've uncovered a good portion of the map and haven't gotten it yet.
What an answer? I'm technologically impaired, I can't spoiler tag something, lol

What an answer? I'm technologically impaired, I can't spoiler tag something, lol

To put something in spoilers you have to put your text between:
[spoiler ]text goes here[/ spoiler]

just remove the spaces in the brackets and it'll look like this

text goes here, please give answer where you got sword upgrade even just the area would help

To put something in spoilers you have to put your text between:
[spoiler ]text goes here[/ spoiler]

just remove the spaces in the brackets and it'll look like this

text goes here, please give answer where you got sword upgrade even just the area would help

Thanks buddy.

after beating false knight, you will get an item, that item is the key to the city of tears, there's a place I believe in fungal colony where you can see a bettle in the map, you can place the item there and it will lead you to the city of tears.

There you go down and left, and you will arrive to a place where the nail Smith is, you can pay with Geo and the following upgrades require money and certain material.

Hope this is useful

Bayonetta director was Hideki Kamiya who was the director and creator of the original Devil May Cry game.

Hideaki Itsuno is the guy who took that idea and did everything better

So you saying its a cheap version of DMC is pretty accurate

Wholeheartedly disagree. Bayonetta series (2 especially as it improved on the original in every way) has the smoothest and deepest combat of any brawler/hack and slash game, as well as amazing enemy designs (best angel designs in games, tv, or movies). The only aspect that hurts it is that battles are often in isolated pockets of stages.

Also Devil May Cry was released four years before 3, was a year one game for the PS2, and Itsuno worked on 2 which was a big disappointment compared to the original (also oversaw DmC, so both of the worst games in the series). Much easier to improve on something in four years rather than create something new.
Itsuno had developed solid fighting games (Power Stone and Rival Schools series') which helped with the Devil May Cry development, but hasn't really done anything of note in the 3-D realm outside of the DMC series aside from the Dragon's Dogma series (two good games but 2 games nonetheless). Kamiya meanwhile directed Resident Evil 2, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and The Wonderful 101, had a big role in the first Resident Evil as well as both Bayonetta games and Devil May Cry, the man is a legend. The only thing one can mark against him is that Scalebound was never released, but X-Box's core audience and Platinum may not have been the best match according to Microsoft.

Nice! I was too late unfortunately. I learned about it on this forum and fell in love with it. Like a 16-Bit Bloodborne. We’re you the one that made the thread on it last year?

Yeah that was me. Haven't played the new prototype since I used PS3 and PS4 controllers on PC and that's giving me issues, but if it's anything like the previous...you'll NEED this game in your lives.

Thanks buddy.

after beating false knight, you will get an item, that item is the key to the city of tears, there's a place I believe in fungal colony where you can see a bettle in the map, you can place the item there and it will lead you to the city of tears.

There you go down and left, and you will arrive to a place where the nail Smith is, you can pay with Geo and the following upgrades require money and certain material.

Hope this is useful

I had legit forgotten you can trick jump via the thorns so I took a lot longer to get there than it should have.

Now you can disappoint your parent while on the go! ;)

Nekopara Vol. 1

Finished Hollow Knight at 70 percent. Took about 20 hours. Great game but not inclined to play it again.

Downloaded Night In The Woods this morning and finished it this afternoon. Fun little adventure/walking sim but would have felt better about it if it were a few bucks less.

If you have
Finished Hollow Knight at 70 percent. Took about 20 hours. Great game but not inclined to play it again.

Downloaded Night In The Woods this morning and finished it this afternoon. Fun little adventure/walking sim but would have felt better about it if it were a few bucks less.
If you haven't gotten the 100%, then you haven't truly experienced it. You need to end the dream.

If you have

If you haven't gotten the 100%, then you haven't truly experienced it. You need to end the dream.
Maybe some other time. Im a little burned out and the game didn't really inspire me to want to get 100%.

Just picked up Ys VIII. Only played for a few minutes and spent most of the combat time remapping my buttons. Which I was thrilled to find out I had complete control over. Really enjoyed the last 2 Ys games, so looking forward to diving into this more over the weekend.

d/l this game, thanks in part for you listing the trailer up on here. I'm enjoying the game immensely. Great art design, controls, and puzzles. Overall simplicity when I'm enjoying now as I get older. Highly recommend pick up for someone needing a game to simply pass time.

Finished Steamworld Dig 2 last night. Good game but short and with an underwhelming ending.

I need a new Switch game. Rocket League is my go to in between games but considering Owlboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back