WWE TV deal worth $524m a year. WWE worth $5.7 billion!

@acannxr
The insane stock value is why I said I would not be shocked if UFC went public in 2019/20
They made 7x the profit in 2017
While UFC & WWE will be similar in profit in 2020, the public offering would be worth billions
Would the stock value be worth the downside of having a publicly traded company?

So it's kind of like how WME purchased the UFC based on what they thought it would be worth.

When WME & their investors bid on UFC, they bid in the range of 4 other combinations of investors.
Basically at about 20x profit with a bullish look at the future.

UFC's profit margin was/is huge so any increase in contractual deals would basically be largely profit.
They are set up top be over a $200m a year profit company without a single PPV sold.
2018 will be down from 2017 but 2019 should be the biggest year as far as profit goes.

The biggest full calendar year before the sale was $152m profit in 2015. 2016 was about $220m but that was a split year as far as ownership.

What makes both UFC & WWE a good buy (if they go public) is how little they both pay the performers as compared to rev.
WWE is 5-8%
UFC is 13-17%

Whenever someone says wrestling is fake, wrestling fans be like
h6521A266

As a publicly traded company, aren't they obligated to release quarterly reports? I would think that sort of information could be used against them by the media and the UFC's fighters.

I'm confused by that
i.e. Wouldn't the WWE have lower TV ratings because a portion of their audience is watching it on the WWE Network?

As a publicly traded company, aren't they obligated to release quarterly reports? I would think that sort of information could be used against them by the media and the UFC's fighters.

i.e. Wouldn't the WWE have lower TV ratings because a portion of their audience is watching it on the WWE Network?

First part:
The numbers are available now (yearly), so it is no surprise.
WWE pays less to its performers & they rarely get scrutinized by public/press
90% of the viewers/fans don't have any clue about these things.
If I get the numbers, every UFC fighter can ...

Second part:
The WWE network has under-performed as far as projections went.
WWE thought they would be at 2m paid per month within 2 years & they are 75% there worldwide after 5 (i think its 5 years).
But the content USA/FOX paid for is not what is aired on the network. The shows will be on WWE-N a month after the live airing.

Attitude era of wrestling in the 90's to the early 2000's was better than probably anything on tv tbh. The UFC badly needs Mcgregor to make his return.

It baffles me how Pro wrestling keeps going.
To each their own....but holy shit people!

cause they selling a stories. with out the wwe the rock would be the highest paid actor in Hollywood.

The WWE network has under-performed as far as projections went.
WWE thought they would be at 2m paid per month within 2 years & they are 75% there worldwide after 5 (i think its 5 years).
But the content USA/FOX paid for is not what is aired on the network. The shows will be on WWE-N a month after the live airing.
it’s also important to note that WWE makes around $2 per sub after costs are factored in. They’re better off getting more TV deals.

Network doesn't give you Raw or SD except after a month. You get PPVs and archives.

Back