Takanori Gomi vs Melvin Guillard added to Rizin 11

If loving this fight makes you a bad person then brotha I never wanted to be good anyway

Someone's 0 (from winning a fight in 4 years) has to to go!

Battle Of The Teenagers!

Fireball Kid vs Young Assassin!

Winner fights Erick Silva!

Seriously though, I don’t know if Guillard will make weight (73kg=160lbs), and with all due respect to these fighters, I wish they would retire.

Now that's solid.

Yes, if it was 2008.

Do you guys even care that some one like Melvin has seriously only won like 4 or 5 fight since like 2011 out of like 20 fights. Many recently against guys that aren't exactly at the top or even near it.

Gomi has like 3 wins also since like 2011.

Holy shit, how can anyone sit here and think this some great match up. It's nothing more than cheap pop for the Japan crowd of someone well past their prime fighting another guy well past their prime. Both of these guys should've retired 5 years ago and no one would thought that was a bad ideal.

Yes, if it was 2008.

Do you guys even care that some one like Melvin has seriously only won like 4 or 5 fight since like 2011 out of like 20 fights. Many recently against guys that aren't exactly at the top or even near it.

Holy shit, how can anyone sit here and think this some great match up. It's nothing more than cheap pop for the Japan crowd of someone well past their prime fighting another guy well past their prime. Both of these guys should've retired 5 years ago and no one would thought that was a bad ideal.
I'll admit your opinion is completely valid.

Still on a guilty pleasure level I feel like this match up is taking two old pieces of meat and making a surprisingly good soup out of it.

He is a MW.
That's enough...

Dude...

YBBx2Dt5WcMxzBeRAosOHKIzjwSWCPfSbj6-gMwV9b20t-l-PPXyEsuxYiv3eJXemlIu=s140
Capture.jpg

I will assume it’s going to be a 165 catchweight or something.

I saw Guillard last night in a SCL event in Denver and the guy must be walking around 200 pounds. Huge! He is not making 155

Yes, if it was 2008.

You are completely right. However, this is in Rizin, so there will be endless circle jerking over it.

Yachi vs. either Guillard or Brandao would also make a good fight in September/December.

Last edited:
Battle of the over the hill guys who don't seem to care if they get finished in Round 1.

Yachi vs. either Guillard or Brandao would also make a good fight in September/December.
Why, are you a sadomasochist? Do you hate Melvin that much? While I think Yachi is way overrated, a stiff breeze KOs Melvin nowadays. What kind of dick wants to see that matchup?

Back