Nick Newell's Contender Series opponent has been revealed

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
NA-1162x502.jpg

On July 24th, “Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series” will run its sixth episode for Season 2. Nick Newell gets a very tough opponent for his #DWTNCS fight.

4-0 Alex Munoz (three of those wins in the first round) from Team Alpha Male.

https://mma-today.com/exclusive-nick-newell-vs-alex-munoz-slated-for-contender-series

Nick Newell is the real deal. I hope he gets a contract.

Most, if not all, of Newell's wins have come against bottom of the barrel competition, so I have to go with TAM's guy even if he's at an experience disadvantage.

Seems like a well timed head kick to the side with the arm missing is the way to go everytime
<{cruzshake}>

Nick is going to whoop this guys ass and get into the UFC.

I'm sure he has a 20 inch reach advantage. I still got Newell by too.

Newell will get his hand raised.

Meh he just split decisioned someone who was 4-1. Got Newell by submission

I hope Nick does really well. Very few people on Earth have the drive and determination to overcome a physical disability of that nature.

If I was Newell I would use my nub to obstruct breathing from top position. Could probably put the whole thing right in their mouth if he wanted to. On that note, would that move be frowned upon?

Most, if not all, of Newell's wins have come against bottom of the barrel competition, so I have to go with TAM's guy even if he's at an experience disadvantage.
Well, he's a tricky opponent to find opponents for. You want him to look good so it can be a feel good type event for the audience, but when you give him someone legit like Gaethje, it ends up looking like a professional fighter beating up on a handicapped person. When Newell loses, it is kinda like when Gina lost, and everyone is wondering "Why did I even watch this cruelty in the first place? It was such a bad idea! Ban MMA!".

Back