Do the Lakers have anyone real good on their team?

Vegas isnt based off the likely odds its based off the betting odds, numbnuts. Its like how McGregor should have been 2000 to 1 vs Mayweather but a bunch of white people bet hard on him so the odds were stupid. Vegas knew that and opened at 25 to 1 and they went way down. Not because Vegas is stupid enough to think McGregor had a 1 in 25 chance but because they knew people are stupid enough to think so.

Lakers have tons of fans. So does LeBron. Vegas knows idiots like you will bet on it.

(its all good tho, you know i still love you)

So Vegas sets odds based on how they think people will bet, not on how likely they think a team is to win or lose?

In all seriousness, I did not know that. Thanks for the information.

It’s based off of both you can. Your argument makes no sense. If Vegas knew that people would bet on the lakers or mcfeggor then why not open up with a 2000-1 line so they get even more bets? If the lakers started at a 20-1 odds instead of 7-2 they’d get way more money. Unless they want to lose themselves money then there’s no reason to open up with a line close to what the public will determine. Opening lines are determined by what they think the actual odds are of the outcome via actual oddsmakers and a computer formula. It adjusts based on the public bets from there.

stooge, is this hard to understand?? If Vegas opens at 2000 to 1 when they could still get bets at 25 to 1 they insulate themselves from potentially losing tons of money.

Vegas wants 50% of the people to bet one way and the other, ideally. That is always their goal. That way they collect juice with no risk. If they go 2000 to 1 and suddenly everybody bets on McGregor and he pulls of the 1 in a million miracle they will literally go broke.

Opening lines are based off what Vegas views public perception as. Literally nothing to do with the actual chances of each team.

stooge, is this hard to understand?? If Vegas opens at 2000 to 1 when they could still get bets at 25 to 1 they insulate themselves from potentially losing tons of money.

Vegas wants 50% of the people to bet one way and the other, ideally. That is always their goal. That way they collect juice with no risk. If they go 2000 to 1 and suddenly everybody bets on McGregor and he pulls of the 1 in a million miracle they will literally go broke.

Opening lines are based off what Vegas views public perception as. Literally nothing to do with the actual chances of each team.

Betting on fights can’t be compared to betting on a team to win a championship. In a fight you have people betting on both sides, so there’s way more risk involved for the house. In preseason sports bets there’s only one bet for a team to win a title pre season. So if the lakers were to realistically have a much worse chance to win the championship as of right now then why open at 7-2? They could open at worse odds and let the public determine it. Also you have to consider that oddslines are heavily influenced by professional betters who make a living off of this shit not just random poor Mexicans putting down $20 from east la.

Betting on fights can’t be compared to betting on a team to win a championship. In a fight you have people betting on both sides, there’s only one bet for a team to win a title pre season. So if the lakers were to realistically have a much worse chance to win the championship as of right now then why open at 7-2? They could open at worse odds and let the public determine it. Also you have to consider that oddslines are heavily influenced by professional betters who make a living off of this shit not just random poor Mexicans putting down $20 from east la.

because Vegas knows if they make Laker odds say 15 to 1 like they should be tons of Laker/LeBron fans will bet on it and it leaves them in a vulnerable position to lose lots of money.

Vegas isnt only in business to make the most, they want to lose to least. That is just as important. Small time bookies go broke in certain situations when everybody bets one way and they win. Vegas could lose on an unimaginable scale if they dont make the odds right.

If you really believe Lakers are 7-2 with chance for a championship with the lineup right this moment....... come on, son. That is based off spectualation even if you think they are doing it on hard science. It just proves my point. They are also basing these odds on the idea that the Lakers arent done acquiring a1 level talent. Public perception.

because Vegas knows if they make Laker odds say 15 to 1 like they should be tons of Laker/LeBron fans will bet on it and it leaves them in a vulnerable position to lose lots of money.

Vegas isnt only in business to make the most, they want to lose to least. That is just as important. Small time bookies go broke in certain situations when everybody bets one way and they win. Vegas could lose on an unimaginable scale if they dont make the odds right.

If you really believe Lakers are 7-2 with chance for a championship with the lineup right this moment....... come on, son. That is based off spectualation even if you think they are doing it on hard science. It just proves my point. They are also basing these odds on the idea that the Lakers arent done acquiring a1 level talent. Public perception.

The fact that they’re expecting the lakers to acquire more talent further supports the argument that the lakers won’t be garbage going into next season and that the odds are being set by more than “public perception.” Public betting isn’t the be all end all factor for making lines. It’s the same reason why the Astros are favored to win the World Series right now over the Yankees and Red Sox. The media is all up on the AL easts nuts non stop and there’s no way you can tell me that there are more people betting on the Astros than the yanks or Red Sox. But the oddsmakers know their shit and know that Houston is probably the best team in the league right now hence why they’re favored.

Julius Randle he is easily one of the best PF's in the league imo
I'm a huge believer in Randle but I can't co-sign that statement.

That being said, I think he fits well with Lebron when he gives a crap on defense. He can do what Jeff Green did for the Cavs last postseason, except Randle is actually a good player.

To answer TS's question, no there isn't anyone else real good on the team, at least yet. However, Ball and Ingram both have high potential to become stars, and Kuzma is a surefire starter. I do think that they will trade one of those three to acquire someone who is really good, like Kawaii, and maybe sign someone else who is good like Cousins.

The cavs were a fringe top 5 team in the league with a shit tier roster. There’s no way the current lakers roster without lebron is worse than last years Cav roster lol. Lakers still aren’t good enough to beat the warriors or rockets, sure. But they’ll be better than gatekeeper teams like okc and Portland.

Lonzo is not a mystery, if his shot starts to fall he is a complete player.

He has bulked up a lot since last season. He looks way more like a man. I don't know what the fuck is up with his shot. How did any coach ever let him shoot like that?! In 6th Grade we weren't even allowed to shoot if we didn't have proper form. Coach would make the kids with improper form stand in front of a wall and just hold the ball with proper form. Practice sucked for us because it was nothing but fundamentals. We hated it so our coach told us to spam all the fundamental shit at home and prove we could do things properly and then we could scrimmage.

Oh god, when we finally got to scrimmage and someone wouldn't block out on a shot.... We're running lines! yay

A dumb rant I know, but how did a kid like Lonzo with obvious NBA potential not get his terrible shot corrected before he was 10 years old? Seems insane.

The cavs were a fringe top 5 team in the league with a shit tier roster. There’s no way the current lakers roster without lebron is worse than last years Cav roster lol. Lakers still aren’t good enough to beat the warriors or rockets, sure. But they’ll be better than gatekeeper teams like okc and Portland.

You mean OKC potentially giving Paul 290 million over 7 years doesn't make them world beaters?

Lakers are now suffering from LeBron syndrome. When you sign LeBron and a bunch of washed up vets thinking "this is fine."

They have a bunch of guys the Kings would sign in free agency

I'm a huge believer in Randle but I can't co-sign that statement.

That being said, I think he fits well with Lebron when he gives a crap on defense. He can do what Jeff Green did for the Cavs last postseason, except Randle is actually a good player.

To answer TS's question, no there isn't anyone else real good on the team, at least yet. However, Ball and Ingram both have high potential to become stars, and Kuzma is a surefire starter. I do think that they will trade one of those three to acquire someone who is really good, like Kawaii, and maybe sign someone else who is good like Cousins.
oh well.... they renounced Julius :(

Yeah the lakers are trash, that’s why Vegas has them at 7-2 odds to win the championship. But why listen to a business that makes billions off of this shit every year when we can listen to some random cans on an mma forum tell us how bad they suck.

You don't think the odds drastically change if Kawhi doesn't end up a Laker?

Celtics weren't 9 to 1 a few years ago because ppl thought their ham & eggers were actually good, it was because KD gave them a meeting.

Yeah the lakers are trash, that’s why Vegas has them at 7-2 odds to win the championship. But why listen to a business that makes billions off of this shit every year when we can listen to some random cans on an mma forum tell us how bad they suck.
Too many unknowns at this point with Kuz/Ingram/Ball. The potential is there.

The oddmakers just don't want to lose money and hedging right now. Watch them not pickup anyone else worth a shit and see those odds drop.

That's the mystery. That and can he stay healthy
the mystery is how can you be a point guard in the league and shoot under 50% from the free throw line? and with that fucked up shooting motion, his shot isnt going to ever be that good. maybe he can raise it significantly to 40% or so, though

LonzGOAT Ball is going to flourish under LeBron.

It's going to be beautiful to watch the beautiful game again regularly.

I enjoy this acceptance of what is already inside. Delicious as always Mr Palis.

"only made 15 PPG" sounds like someone who doesn't watch basketball.

Back