STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Battle Lounge Today starting anywhere from 4-5:00pm. I think I’m also going to purchase the light version of EX-Fighting Layer as well. But SFV will be my main priority.

So far, I’m really loving Cody. He seems like a mix of Bison and Guile. Seems to be + on a lot of things and he has great corner pressure/control. He’s much slower than I’m used to and I find myself doing Ryu things with him, but that’s just muscle memory. I need to work on his Zonk setups because his st.lk is great for frame trapping from what I’ve seen. It combos into all of his stuff for the most part. I will admit, I suck with his VT’s though. At first I thought he was one of the most straight forward characters in the game, but as I see lab monsters use him, there’s some nice complexity to his move-set. I’ll be playing him a little tonight if we can get some people to join in.
I didn't see your invite until way late man, sorry. Not that I would have been worth playing against. I'm all the way back down in super bronze. I'm atrocious whenever I pick up a new character. Oddly, even though I was doing better with Cammy on pad, I have an easier time playing Cody on stick. I think it's because of the overlap with fireballs and ruffian kick. I must be holding punch slightly too long or something.

Anyway, I like him, but I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be any good with him. I don't really know how to open people up and keep pressure. I guess I'll have to learn how to use zonk. That or I'll actually have to become capable of landing counter hit combos.

I realized not having a 3-frame button or an invincible-on-frame-1 move would mean that I need to tighten up my defense, but man is trying to play Cody really driving that home. His v-skill is great though. I've still been losing against most silver players, but using v-skill to completely shut down Mika's drop kick and Ed's psycho grab is pretty sweet. Easily makes up for not having a dive kick.

Did they add Meteor Combos?

Not sure what that is, but it’s a much different game than SF. It seems like you always have to be running towards your opponent to mount any sort of offense. I feels like a KoF type of game over a SF game. I am enjoying it, but I know it’s going to take a long time to get somewhat decent at.

Not sure what that is, but it’s a much different game than SF. It seems like you always have to be running towards your opponent to mount any sort of offense. I feels like a KoF type of game over a SF game. I am enjoying it, but I know it’s going to take a long time to get somewhat decent at.

Those were the Level 3 Supers from the EX series (i.e. Darun's chain throws and Gief's SPD from space).

Any of you cool kids be interested in teaching me how to play? I suck at SF lol. NRS games are more my speed.

Any of you cool kids be interested in teaching me how to play? I suck at SF lol. NRS games are more my speed.

I’d be glad to help you out. After you pick a character, look up Bafael’s intro and Bread & Butter Videos for your main. He will explain things like which normal’s to use for anti-air’s, frame advantage and other easy to grasp things. He probably has the best intro videos on the market. After that, starting watching some pro’s use your main and other tutorial videos. I run a battle lounge every Friday night around 4-5:30. Show up there, we’ll play and I can give you some pointers after. Glad to have you aboard.

I’d be glad to help you out. After you pick a character, look up Bafael’s intro and Bread & Butter Videos for your main. He will explain things like which normal’s to use for anti-air’s, frame advantage and other easy to grasp things. He probably has the best intro videos on the market. After that, starting watching some pro’s use your main and other tutorial videos. I run a battle lounge every Friday night around 4-5:30. Show up there, we’ll play and I can give you some pointers after. Glad to have you aboard.

Like I've tried playing but I could never learn when it was mine. I could never tell when I could poke and would get blown up. This was back when V came out. I sold my PS4 shortly after but recently got the Pro.

I also have a hell of a time stringing combos. It's not like NRS where combos feel more natural at least to me.

Like I've tried playing but I could never learn when it was mine. I could never tell when I could poke and would get blown up. This was back when V came out. I sold my PS4 shortly after but recently got the Pro.

I also have a hell of a time stringing combos. It's not like NRS where combos feel more natural at least to me.

They have new frame viewing tools in training mode that turn you and your opponent red and blue depending on what buttons are pressed. I'm sure there is a video out there that will help. As far as combos, use the 'Trials' combos they give you and keep hammering those out. They're hard at first, but once you do them like 50 times, you'll get the hang of it. One easy way to know when it's your turn is your L - M - H buttons. As you progress from light, medium and heavy your frame advantage falls. That's why you see a lot of jabs in SF, they're + frames on just about every one. But a standing heavy punch could get you in a lot of trouble if you toss it out willy nilly. Same with a cr.hk (trip). If blocked, prepare to be punished.

Never saw this. A VHS tape of Street Fighter tips. These are actually pretty good. Talks about spacing, combos, etc.

Hey guys, running a Battle Lounge Tonight around 4:00pm if anyone is interested.

This....was not that bad. We've always said that Don Frye would make a good Haggar.

Hey guys, running a Battle Lounge Tonight around 4:00pm if anyone is interested.

I haven't play fighters much, but when I do I've been using the stick to work on my execution with games like ST, SFA3, Tekken, Vampire, etc.

What time zone are you in?

PST In San Diego. Whats your CFN so I can add it to the front page?

Battle Lounge Tonight if anyone is interested! kicking off around 4-4:30PST!

I haven't repurchased the game yet. I was just wondering. I'll be getting it next Friday.

So even Capcom makes fun of Alex.

At this point I’m convinced Capcom only put Alex in the game as a fan service.

Went to my local last night and watched some sick Cody play. He seems pretty strong in the right hands. That rock mixup is dirty. I really like his design and think he’s a breath of fresh air.

Back