AC/DC - High Voltage vs. Back in Black

Thai Domi

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Talking albums here, not the songs. But that would still be a good discussion for true AC/DC enthusiasts.

If you could only listen to one album between High Voltage or Back in Black, which would it be, and why?

High Voltage track listing:

1. It's a Long Way to the Top

2. Rock n Roll Singer
3. The Jack
4. Live Wire

5. T.N.T

6. Can I Sit Next to You Girl
7. Little Lover
8. She's Got Balls
9. High Voltage

VS.

Back in Black track listing:

1. Hells Bells
2. Shoot to Thrill

3. What Do you do for Money
4. Givin the Dog a Bone
5. Let Me Put My Love Into You
6. Back in Black

7. You Shook Me All Night Long

8. Have a Drink on Me
9. Shake a Leg
10. Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Inb4 Nickelback fans say it all sounds the same.

AC/DC fans - stuck on a desert island, which album are you picking, and why?

8b48dd6129b3364e.gif

afb5d1b6.gif

Edit - If a Mod wants to make a poll, go for it.

High Voltage all day long. Live Wire and Little Lover are probably my two favorite AC/DC songs.

I'd go with Back in Black but Powerage beats them both hands down, no competition

the album T.N.T. had those songs not High Voltage either way I'm going with Bon Scott

the album T.N.T. had those songs not High Voltage either way I'm going with Bon Scott
All of those songs are on High Voltage. TNT ( the album) was a release in Australia only.

Give me Powerage over these two choices, BTW.

If you havnt watched Riverplate go do it its fucking awesome. Ive seen ACDC live twice and woulda saw em this last time if Brian had been there. Ran away from home when they burned my who made who tape and it worked out fine. Brian and Cliff also live down here so praise to ya brothers.

Between the two, I gotta go with Back in Black.

All of those songs are on High Voltage. TNT ( the album) was a release in Australia only.

This is the answer. The confusion is due to whether you got the International or Australian release. I know, because at one time I owned every AC/DC offering until Black Ice (the last time I bought a CD). At one time I was an avid AC/DC fan and had to have every song: my Let There Be Rock CD was maddeningly incomplete without Crabsody In Blue. Thankfully there was Napster.

My favorite rock band. I'm going with Back in Black for this one but I do prefer Bon. If it was Highway To Hell or Powerage it would be a different story.

Despite the radio overkill , Back in Black is a great album(duh). Brian Johnson sounds like a banshee and the Angus is in top form. I'm a sucker for Bon Scott though, it's close but I'd take High Voltage. Just for the little nuances, for example in High Voltage I love the "Wine, women and song!".

Last edited:
High Voltage, no question. Back In Black is my least favorite pre-1985 AC/DC album, made in a hurry, full of disposable hits for people who don't really follow the band. For Those About To Rock was their best album with Brian Johnson, Flick Of The Switch was their heaviest and most underrated. Everything after that was mediocre.

The original High Voltage from 1974 wasn't as good as the 1976 international version, but still a good listen.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdnNjcW3cg4syMEJBNnFiKzS2XzGPJLBn

High Voltage, for me. The songs are just as good and Bon is infinitely more listenable than Brian.

High Voltage. As a huge AC/DC fan, I rarely find my self listening to Back in Black.

Back. In. Black.

I'd go with Back in Black but Powerage beats them both hands down, no competition

Powerage is their best album and had virtually no radio play atleast in the U.S. It's also Angus's favorite. It's the most underrated Rock album of all time imo. I was in line for Ac/dc tickets in 08' and some idiot asks if Down Payment Blues was off the new album lol. It was playing in some dudes car stereo.

He may have been slow or not a big fan. Im going with mentally challenged since Bon has been dead for 38 years and doesn't sound like Brian.

Last edited:
Back