DeMarcus Cousins signs with the Warriors

Warriors are now -133 to win the championship next season....It's July

Has anything like this ever happened in in the NBA’s past, or in any of the major sports leagues?

This is unbelievable. I mean, this many top guys on one team?
Now that I think about it, the 2003 Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Gary Payton, and Karl Malone, so 4 dudes that had been MVP or MVP candidates in their careers. Of course Malone was old as dirt and Payton was broken down by that point, and even then, I think the 5th man was Rick Fox, who wasn't as good as any of the warriors big 5.

I was looking up why he was so cheap. There is virtually no market for centers right now. Nobody needs him and he probably only lost 3ish million.

Holy shit, this league isn't for big men anymore.

Is there even one reason to watch the NBA at all next season? Man I miss 90's NBA that shit was 10x better than this nonsense.

You mean when the Bulls dominated the league with two three-peats? I wonder if fans were as whiny back then.

You mean when the Bulls dominated the league with two three-peats? I wonder if fans were as whiny back then.
Yeah but you can't hate on a team when they draft their studs. Chicago drafted Jordan, and basically drafted Pippen too, by trading for him on draft night. The only big free agent that joined them was Dennis Rodman. It's nothing on the level of Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins joining what was already the best team in history.

I was looking up why he was so cheap. There is virtually no market for centers right now. Nobody needs him and he probably only lost 3ish million.

Holy shit, this league isn't for big men anymore.

Are you fucking high or really stupid? He was looking at 20+ Mil. If he didnt have the injury he'd be looking at max.

5 current all stars in starting lineup. Pathetic.

The parity of the league was still WAY better in the 90s vs today even with those Bulls teams.

Yeah but you can't hate on a team when they draft their studs. Chicago drafted Jordan, and basically drafted Pippen too, by trading for him on draft night. The only big free agent that joined them was Dennis Rodman. It's nothing on the level of Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins joining what was already the best team in history.

Golden State drafted three all Stars, two in free agency. One will be injured for most of the season and might not even be able to play. They did this the right way.

The parity of the league was still WAY better in the 90s vs today even with those Bulls teams.

Warriors wouldn't even have made the finals if the Rockets hadn't set the record for most missed threes. Lol what did y'all expect them to do, make no moves and wait to get beaten while LeBron forms his own superteam and the rest of the league gets on their level? This is why they are on top and your team is comprised of chumps. They make less moves then everyone else, just the right ones. These other teams are restructuring their entire roster every year.

That is patently false being that the Warriors drafted Steph, Klay, and Green.....

Blame ESPN. They said he was only going to be able to get around 8 million for next year.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...marcus-cousins-make-golden-state-warriors-nba

ESPN aint got shit for writers or analysts.

Deandre Jordan is market valued at 24.1 Million, Boogie is better than Deandre if he's healthy. Even if teams prioritize perimeter shooters Boogie can shoot. He can rebound, he can drive, he has good court vision, he can play defense and he's athletic as fuck for a dude his size.

That is patently false being that the Warriors drafted Steph, Klay, and Green.....
Yup and nobody hated them for it. People only hated them once they signed another mvp, and now hate them more for signing arguably the best center in the league.

The bulls never did that. They always drafted their best players... Jordan, Pippen, kukoc, grant. The only major free agent they got was rodman and he was pretty far from being an MVP.

ESPN aint got shit for writers or analysts.

Deandre Jordan is market valued at 24.1 Million, Boogie is better than Deandre if he's healthy. Even if teams prioritize perimeter shooters Boogie can shoot. He can rebound, he can drive, he has good court vision, he can play defense and he's athletic as fuck for a dude his size.

It doesn't matter if nobody is in the market for a center. He will most likely sign a max deal after next season.

Calm your tits.

It doesn't matter if nobody is in the market for a center. He will most likely sign a max deal after next season.

Calm your tits.

The market for an average center no. The market for an ELITE center is always there. You can't teach size. He will sign for max if he's good this season. The issue I have is that it's a waste of an entire season for all the fans. I get it, the fans don't really matter. The players are playing for their legacy and their family. These teams have TV deals that go to waste. Everyone in the league except the warriors get fucked. From the top all the way to the bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if the league gets high ratings for the Warriors games until halfway through the season then enormous ratings when the Warriors get 80 wins

The market for an average center no. The market for an ELITE center is always there. You can't teach size. He will sign for max if he's good this season. The issue I have is that it's a waste of an entire season for all the fans. I get it, the fans don't really matter. The players are playing for their legacy and their family. These teams have TV deals that go to waste. Everyone in the league except the warriors get fucked. From the top all the way to the bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if the league gets high ratings for the Warriors games until halfway through the season then enormous ratings when the Warriors get 80 wins

How healthy is Boogie anyway? We are acting like he isn't dealing with some major shit.

How healthy is Boogie anyway? We are acting like he isn't dealing with some major shit.

He is, the torn achilles is a major injury in nba history. He'll be back around December. Signing with the Warriors he'll have more time to rehab and won't be forced to come back early. So in that sense it's better for him.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/article129430809.html

Some guys are fine, others get tanked. Boogie is younger and medical standards are only better.

He is, the torn achilles is a major injury in nba history. He'll be back around December. Signing with the Warriors he'll have more time to rehab and won't be forced to come back early. So in that sense it's better for him.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/article129430809.html

Some guys are fine, others get tanked. Boogie is younger and medical standards are only better.

So the market was weak for centers in general, and especially for big men that are coming of major injuries and have emotional issues. So nobody wants to sign him max this year, so he takes 5 mill for an amazing situation to get a chip and be able to take it easy for the first half of the year. Then he signs a max the next year.

makes sense.

Back