Fights where the Guy with a significant reach disadvantage wins?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Would like to see some how they did it. Prefer fights with the same stance so not like pacman vs margarito.

My personal favorite is Mike Zambidis VS Gurkan Ozkan. Mike's trainer, Stan Longinidis, had an unavenged loss to Ozkan and Mike wanted to to do the avenging himself. Ozkan didn't take too kindly to it; he insulted Zambidis' Greek background, poured water on his head and he even tried taking a swing at him during the press conference:

The fight was open weight and scheduled for 12, three minute rounds. In the 12th round, outweighed by ~40 pounds (could be wrong on the number, but if I remember correctly it was 40 pounds) Mike stopped Gurkan and put him on the canvas for the count. One of many reasons Mike Zambidis is one of my favorites.

My personal favorite is Mike Zambidis VS Gurkan Ozkan. Mike's trainer, Stan Longinidis, had an unavenged loss to Ozkan and Mike wanted to to do the avenging himself. Ozkan didn't take too kindly to it; he insulted Zambidis' Greek background, poured water on his head and he even tried taking a swing at him during the press conference:

The fight was open weight and scheduled for 12, three minute rounds. In the 12th round, outweighed by ~40 pounds (could be wrong on the number, but if I remember correctly it was 40 pounds) Mike stopped Gurkan and put him on the canvas for the count. One of many reasons Mike Zambidis is one of my favorites.

Great post, thanks.

Any fight with Saenchai
RvR vs Ristie second fight
Sittichai vs Beztati
Petpanomrung vs Ezbiri
Petpanomrung vs Phetmorakot

Man to have that kind of power and speed in the 12th round..you know your in prime condition when..murderous shot..use to love watching zambidis fight..absolute killer

Ah the good old day of 12 round, 24 minutes of kickboxing. And now a day fighters gas after 9 minutes of swinging at air.

Yodlekpet vs Panpayak Sitjatik

Back