Grizzly Bears live catching Salmon.

Anyone know why they only eat the skin and leave the rest?

It's instinct to eat the fattier parts, a bear can afford to leave behind the parts they dont need when they can get plenty of fat from the skin, eggs or certain organs, like the brain of a fish.

ever seen that photographer tell the story of a leopard seal trying to feed him penguins? Ever since then, I stopped thinking of them as vicious killers and more like a big eager sea puppy.

Yea that's the video I posted. Damn well better hope they act like man's best friend because otherwise you would be lunch. <45>

How can something so cuddly in appearance be so vicious? Lol it simply doesn't make sense.

Every now and then a bear researcher that lives out in the wild gets eaten by one. The accounts are always horrific. They look so cute, and furry, and non-threatening, till they aren't.

these things are terrifying

I wonder how many wolves it takes to take down a grizzly

Checked out another stream on that same channel for a bit and saw some action.

A bear is on the edge focused on the jumping salmon then another bear walks right next to it. The original bear starts slapping the shit out of the other one. This goes on for a bit until the second bear falls off the edge and decides to leave instead. A few moments later, the original bear decided it was done with that spot and took a glorious dive into the river.

I tried to get a time stamped link but I couldn't get it to work so here are a few screenshots instead:

A heavy swing!
1.jpg

Impact!
2.jpg

Another slap lands as the other bear slips and falls!
4.jpg

The winner takes a refreshing dive!
Dive.jpg

Last edited:
All I know is, I just watched the three amigos not catch shit for 10 minutes straight. I don't see how big mofo's like that don't starve. No wonder they shut down in winter.
Each one they do catch is 20k calories so its worth the wait.

I’ve thought about taking up hiking...these fuckers make me reconsider

they wouldn't be so tough if it was a train coming up stream.

LOL, Elephant seal is like fuck yo car, what you gonna do?

Now that you brought up seals have you ever seen a Leopard seal? They get 10-15 feet long and are true carnivorous predators. A large Leopard seal has almost nothing to fear from anything in the ocean. There are few predators that would try to fuck with it.

Check out the mouth on this one when she opens up. This one is 13 feet long.

How about a great white or orcas? All pinipeds are their prey.

Killer whales are the kings of the sea, I don't think anything wants to screw with them even large sharks will flee them. As far as sharks attacking Leopard seals, the Leopard seals are larger than your average shark. It would take a big one for sure and even then Leopard seals are predators that may fight back. You are talking about a predatory animal that's 12 feet long and weighs 1,200 pounds.

This is epic! Live cam on these beasts tearing up Salmon. I saw one basically just skin the Salmon alive and only ate the skin... Brutal.

I wonder if these bears are fine with their private lives being filmed like this?

and Shertards like to argue whether a silverback could beat a bear lmao. I love gorillas and all, but bears are on a whole different league.
or game "pits, mastiffs, etc."

Bear would not even have to try and rip any dog apart.

Anyone know why they only eat the skin and leave the rest?
They do that when food is so plentiful. They only typically eat the most fatty and nutrient rich parts like the skin and bellies. This allows them to build the maximum fat for the winter hibernation period.

I feel like this is the one time the term "livestreaming" would be even more accurate, but nooo.

I watched for about 10 minutes and caught this! It gets good around 50 seconds.

Orcas can flip a 2,000lb sea lion in the air with its tail. Sometimes they do it to stun them before devouring and other times just for fun. Was running a vessel at False with a helicopter filming orcas attacking grey whales. We got 6 attacks on film, it's amazing how agile and smart they are.

Don't know who took this but it's some good footage.

Back