How many PPVs do you think UFC 226 will do?

notori0us1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's easily the most stacked card of the year and is being headlined by a historical heavyweight title bout yet there isn't as much hype as I thought there would be. Even the embedded episodes in terms of views are only doing above average. What's happening? Is this card going to worse than people expected?

Last edited:
Three fiddy ...

400k? I’m not one to be accurately predicting ppv buys but that would be my guess

is being headlined by a historical heavyweight title unification bout

o-rly_o_103076.jpg

They need another round of marketing dollars drummed up now, there should be a ad running every hour on multiple stations.
This card could be huge but it’s just not reaching enough people, it caps at 500k.

DC is the LHW champ, Stipe is the HW champ. What's wrong?
That doesn't make it a unification bout. DC either becomes champ champ or remains champ.

Probably under 500 000, even though it has good fights.

But:
- I don't care much for DC, he seems fake, he managed that conflict with Jones so poorly;
- Stipe lack personality, like someone says, his vids from the last UFC Embedded were wtf when he was talking with his wife ;
- Max talks like Stipe and dresses like Katt Williams and adds a golden chain cross to it;
- I like Ortega, even though he is with the whole "thank you, god, for helping me win this fight" and the steroids thing;

It's easily the most stacked card of the year and is being headlined by a historical heavyweight title bout

Most fans (the casuals) don't care much about the quality of the fights, they buy it for that one star: Brock, Conor, Ronda, GSP or for the guys who can sell big: Chael, Nate, Jones, Nick, Silva. Or for a feud. Rampage vs Rashad, Jones vs DC.

226 has no feuds. DC does not want to trash talk Stipe (all Stipe had to do is say that he can take DC down), Max, even if he tries to trash talk, it sounds stupid. The only one willing to trash talk it would be Perry, but he is on the prelims and after 2 losses (the last one was terrible), so it doesn't really matter.

Just enjoy the show. Let dana & co worry about that stuff.

Under 500k

Schaub was expecting 600k LOL.
Nice joke.

I like DC Max & Ortega (Stipes a non-factor) but those 3 aren't as popular as the tier 1 stars like GSP Jones Conor.
Tier 2 is a massive drop off in buys.

Not enough, casuals only but for McGregor unfortunately

Back