The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jack V Savage
I see you online. Stop hiding.

Heh. Not hiding. I'm trying to think about a way to really make sure there is no ambiguity around 3. There's no rush here.

Also, adding items if it's an "any one of these" can only raise your chances, though most people interestingly fail to realize that (I wish I could track down the study that I'm thinking of that shows this).

Also, adding items if it's an "any one of these" can only raise your chances, though most people interestingly fail to realize that (I wish I could track down the study that I'm thinking of that shows this).

The original statement was going to be "criticism about anything related to illegal immigration". By enumerating the specific ways (sanctuary states, etc) I might have missed something.

Heh. Not hiding. I'm trying to think about a way to really make sure there is no ambiguity around 3. There's no rush here.

Parlays are a bitch. I had a $5 bet to win $9000 that involved a 8 fight parlay. I called two upsets correctly, a few toss ups, and only had Fitch v Hendricks left before I got my payout. Fitch was the surest lock to me out of the eight fights I said.... What will I do with that $9000 after Fitch won I said....

I'm trying to think about a way to really make sure there is no ambiguity around 3.

Ambiguity around 3?

If the Senate Majority Leader is a Republican in the first Senate session of 2019, I win. Otherwise, you win.

Last edited:
@Jack V Savage

Time to man up, Jackie boy....

By the way, I hereby offer you and anyone else a new bet: Jay Inslee will run for president as a Democrat in the 2020 election. Me: for You: against

Roe V. Wade will be overturned within 18 months of the new Supreme Court Justice being named.

Me: For
@IGIT: Against

2 month sig bet

@Lead

@Jack V Savage

Time to man up, Jackie boy....

By the way, I hereby offer you and anyone else a new bet: Jay Inslee will run for president as a Democrat in the 2020 election. Me: for You: against

You want to get more specific on the nature of the deal between Russia and the campaign? How would you react to a general "easing of sanctions," for example?

I had to look up the name. Lots of people seem to think he's running. I have no idea if he is or not. If you want to add it to your parlay, that's cool.

Roe V. Wade will be overturned within 18 months of the new Supreme Court Justice being named.

Me: For
@IGIT: Against

2 month sig bet

@Lead

heya HomerThompson, Mr. President,

either way, i win.

if Roe vs Wade isn't overturned, you'll have to insert this into your sig;

12 percent of people who voted for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries voted for President Trump

that's my ode to Bernie supporters who were basically anarchists and had no actual grasp on policy. all they wanted was someone who would take up residence on Pennsylvania avenue and start breaking things.

if Roe vs Wade is overturned, then i get to witness the self destruction of the Republican Party - which is also fine with me.

- IGIT

Last edited:
heya HomerThompson, Mr. President,

either way, i win.

if Roe vs Wade isn't overturned, you'll have to insert this into your sig;

12 percent of people who voted for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries voted for President Trump

that's my ode to Bernie supporters who were basically anarchists and had no actual grasp on policy. all they wanted was someone who would take residence on Pennsylvania avenue and start breaking things.

if Roe vs Wade is overturned, then i get to witness the self destruction of the Republican Party - which is also fine with me.

- IGIT
Sounds good to me.

You want to get more specific on the nature of the deal between Russia and the campaign? How would you react to a general "easing of sanctions," for example?

If Mueller states definitively that Trump offered an easing of US->Russia sanctions to Putin/surrogate in direct exchange for Russian-hacked DNC e-mails, you win.

@Jack V Savage

The delaying/hiding is getting old, fast. Let's finalize this thing.

• Robert Mueller's investigation will not conclude that Trump attempted to offer US policy concessions to Russia in exchange for access to the hacked DNC e-mails.
  • Cory Booker will not be the Democratic nominee for president in the 2020 US presidential election.
  • The Republicans will hold the Senate in the 2018 election (In the first Senate session of 2019, the Senate Majority Leader will be a Republican).

2. Waiguoren- for @Jack V Savage against
3. When all three of the above conditions are met, or when any one of them fails.
4. AV bet
5. Four years

@Lead , you good with this?

@Jack V Savage

The delaying/hiding is getting old, fast. Let's finalize this thing.

• Robert Mueller's investigation will not conclude that Trump attempted to offer US policy concessions to Russia in exchange for access to the hacked DNC e-mails.
  • Cory Booker will not be the Democratic nominee for president in the 2020 US presidential election.
  • The Republicans will hold the Senate in the 2018 election (In the first Senate session of 2019, the Senate Majority Leader will be a Republican).

2. Waiguoren- for @Jack V Savage against
3. When all three of the above conditions are met, or when any one of them fails.
4. AV bet
5. Four years

@Lead , you good with this?

I have some trouble with how we call the first thing. I think that one will result in both people claiming victory unless it was clear as day one way or the other.

I have some trouble with how we call the first thing. I think that one will result in both people claiming victory unless it was clear as day one way or the other.
I think @Jack V Savage is clear on what it means. For Jack to win, Mueller must conclude in his final report that Trump himself offered Putin or a known Putin surrogate at least one policy concession in exchange for the database of hacked DNC e-mails. Even if it turns out that a non-Russian actor was the original hacker, Jack wins.

On the Trump side, a surrogate would count only if Mueller concludes (not postulates) that Trump ordered the surrogate to make the exchange.

I think @Jack V Savage is clear on what it means. For Jack to win, Mueller must conclude in his final report that Trump himself offered Putin or a known Putin surrogate at least one policy concession in exchange for the database of hacked DNC e-mails. Even if it turns out that a non-Russian actor was the original hacker, Jack wins.

On the Trump side, a surrogate would count only if Mueller concludes (not postulates) that Trump ordered the surrogate to make the exchange.

I have the same concerns that Lead does. I was hoping you'd offer clearer language, but I'll do it if you don't. Just not a high-priority item for me. So you can do it yourself or you can be patient.

I have the same concerns that Lead does. I was hoping you'd offer clearer language, but I'll do it if you don't. Just not a high-priority item for me. So you can do it yourself or you can be patient.
How is it unclear? This looks like a stall tactic on your part.

Okay, I have a non-political bet proposal. Open to anybody who wants to cause me serious discomfort on this forum.

For the next 4 weeks, I will post entirely in Shakespearean style. My posts have to address the thread topic, or substantively address a reply (in case the topic veers a bit, I'm okay replying to that). If I manage it, the person who takes me up has to wear a sig of my choice for 30 days.

For each post where I slip up, I have to wear a sig of the winner's choice for 30 days. Any takers?

@Jack V Savage

I am confused about what the cause of the hold up is. Is it this part or part 2 or 3?

If it's part 1, I don't see how it could be any more clear. Could you specify the scenario that you think will lead to ambiguity?

Status
Not open for further replies.