Photos of my New Sporting 14oz Floyd-Conor themed gloves:

deh707

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I went with the straight cuff (instead of the usual triple rib cuff) that is typically used on pro fight gloves, and paid a bit more to have an extra 1cm of soft latex added as the very inner layer to replicate Floyd's preference of orthopedic Grants that he does in both his training and fight gloves.

Now I don't know if this is 100% true; but I hear that New Sporting used to (or still does) manufacture for Grant.

EDIT 7/6/2018: Well they have arrived and I got a chance to log 10 heavybag rounds!

First impressions:

i would have to rate them a 10/10!

Before opening the box, I could smell the strong metallic like leather lol .

Weight: both 17.3oz. Not surprised since Mexican gloves usually come in a little heavier. Take into account of the extra padding I requested . They would have probably been around 16oz if not for this.

They fit similar to a 14oz Reyes but with a straight thumb similar to a Sabas ProSeries/Prime. Easily make a fist in them. Excellent.

The liner is very smooth, which I hear is the only difference to actual Grants, which has a rough liner .

There's a very comfortable piece of padding patch at the finger tips inside the gloves . I have no idea what that is but it was the same as Sabas Prime.

The padding is excellent, pops like Reyes but more protective (less shock) probably due to the extra 1cm soft natural latex padding I requested.

Speaking of Reyes, I was told by New Sporting that they no longer use natural latex (which New Sporting uses) and now use synthetic latex in their training gloves.

This leads to less durability due to sweat breaking down synthetic latex easier, in addition to trapping heat easier.

This is sad, as Reyes have always known to be champion of the durability market.

That is all for now. Any questions are welcome.

5MsRXEB.jpg

5MsRXEB.jpg

KfFlhr6.jpg

QtGQqxQ.jpg

VvlBcAm.jpg

Last edited:
I went with the straight cuff (instead of the usual triple rib cuff) that is typically used on pro fight gloves, and paid a bit more to have an extra 1cm of soft latex added as the very inner layer to replicate Floyd's preference of orthopedic Grants that he does in both his training and fight gloves.

Now I don't know if this is 100% true; but I hear that New Sporting used to (or still does) manufacture for Grant.

5MsRXEB.jpg

5MsRXEB.jpg

KfFlhr6.jpg

QtGQqxQ.jpg

VvlBcAm.jpg
How much did they cost and how did you order them?

How much did they cost and how did you order them?

Facebook search "Guantes de box New Sporting" then message them .

$182 total shipped to U.S.

$76 plus $10 (metallic colors) plus $10 (extra padding) plus $86 shipping.

Stock model would have been $162 total.

They have 2 models, 1A (Reyes like) and 2B (Grant like, which mine is based on).

2B is $76, 1A is around $66 I think .

Shipping is $86, even for 2 pairs combined shipping.

So I could have had another pair for extra $76 (stock 2B) without paying another shipping charge of $86, but decided to stick to 1 pair.

Facebook search "Guantes de box New Sporting" then message them .

$182 total shipped to U.S.

$76 plus $10 (metallic colors) plus $10 (extra padding) plus $86 shipping.

Stock model would have been $162 total.

They have 2 models, 1A (Reyes like) and 2B (Grant like, which mine is based on).

2B is $76, 1A is around $66 I think .

Shipping is $86, even for 2 pairs combined shipping.

So I could have had another pair for extra $76 (stock 2B) without paying another shipping charge of $86, but decided to stick to 1 pair.
Great! Thank you for that information.

Can you let us know how you get on with these? Also how they compare to other gloves that you have used.

Do they speak English??

Last edited:
Great pickup! Have you been able to try them out yet? What are you planning on using them for?

Can you let us know how you get on with these? Also how they compare to other gloves that you have used.

Do they speak English??

Yeah I'll get back on that once I've had a chance to use them.

Yeah they speak english but can be a bit difficult to understand at times.

Great pickup! Have you been able to try them out yet? What are you planning on using them for?

No they will arrive in about 10 days. They just shipped yesterday .

Plan on using them for the bag and mitts only.

Most preferably bags and mitts with Conor McGregor's face painted on them.

7171b1759fed27bd0c8092801d06ee8a.png

Thanks for the info. Those are some sexy looking gloves. Please post a review once you get the chance to try them out.

Does New Sporting not offer any shipping option cheaper than $86 (to the US)? You could buy a domestic plane ticket for that price. The base cost of the gloves is very reasonable, but shipping kills the deal.

Last edited:
Speaking of sexy gloves, New Sporting is now stepping up their instagram game:

I’ve heard really good things about New Sporting. Shipping in Mexico can be really sketchy, so you often have to pay that kind of money to make sure the gloves actually make it to you and in a reasonable time.

Shipping in Mexico can be really sketchy, so you often have to pay that kind of money to make sure the gloves actually make it to you and in a reasonable time.

I don't think shipping from Mexico is going to be any more sketchy than shipping from Pakistan. Also, I'm pretty sure Juan didn't charge nearly as much for shipping. I don't mind waiting since I have more than enough gloves already lol

I don't think shipping from Mexico is going to be any more sketchy than shipping from Pakistan. Also, I'm pretty sure Juan didn't charge nearly as much for shipping. I don't mind waiting since I have more than enough gloves already lol
Well I just know that shipping into Mexico can be notoriously unreliable, but maybe it’s not as bad when you are shipping out of Mexico. The Mexican postal service has a reputation for being very corrupt, whereas I’ve never heard of these issues in Pakistan. Just do a Google search on shipping to Mexico and you will see all kinds of warnings and stories of people never getting their stuff.

Last edited:
I just ordered a pair to Canada and it was $123 USD shipped. Shipping was $50.

I just ordered a pair to Canada and it was $123 USD shipped. Shipping was $50.

You could have asked the price in Mexican pesos. A bit friendlier with our crappy $ value lol. But still 123$ USD shipped is really good.

Did you order stock model ?

I ordered a 16oz hybrid grant style. Most manufacturers across the world only discuss in USD when I message so I am used to it.

Whats the hybrid grant model? the 2B or one with different options?

Anyone actually got a pair and tried them?

Sorry, my bad. I ordered the stock grant style and requested a hybrid closure.

Sorry, my bad. I ordered the stock grant style and requested a hybrid closure.
Thanks.....sorry but what is a Hybrid closure lace and velco like a cleto reyes?

Back