OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

Grav dragonstrike is so lame. It’s even lame to play with on your team, nothing fun about it

Lol I usually end up tanking or playing support in comp too since so many people wanna dps, but Zarya is just boring to me and I won’t let myself play brigette out of pride. She’s such a horse shit character, I can’t believe the amount of people on the ow forums that try and say she takes skill.
Am boycotting Symmetra myself.

Grav dragonstrike is so lame. It’s even lame to play with on your team, nothing fun about it
Agreed. I love playing Zarya, but I haven't even done placements the past two seasons. Being a cc magnet and just hoping that I get healed enough while I spend 90% of my time unable to play the game.

Servers down. Game says "In queue: 500 players in front of you"

Servers down. Game says "In queue: 500 players in front of you"

yeah same message.

Also, I've apparently only been playing comp placements black out drunk. It says I've played 5 placement matches and I don't recall that at all.

So i was playing 3vs3 elimination and was facing severe disconnects. Team members were also disconnecting.
Logged back in after an hour and had the same issue. Logged back in again and had 2 apology lootboxes from blizzard lol.

So i was playing 3vs3 elimination and was facing severe disconnects. Team members were also disconnecting.
Logged back in after an hour and had the same issue. Logged back in again and had 2 apology lootboxes from blizzard lol.
They were investigating a ddos issue so that's probably why.

New Symmetra is live in comp. FeelsREALLYFuckingBad.

I just got around to buying this game, I know I'm late to the party lol but I think I'm going to be addicted to this one!

I've been using Brigitte, Roadhog, tracer and torbjorn so far. I'm thinking about trying out a couple other people like maybe symettra or widowmaker.

I've heard torbjorn is not nearly as good as he used to be, but I've had some solid games with him and he is really fun to use. Same with tracer, I find her very enjoyable to use but I will need a lot of practice with her.

Do you guys main anyone or do you pretty much use whoever the team needs?

I just got around to buying this game, I know I'm late to the party lol but I think I'm going to be addicted to this one!

I've been using Brigitte, Roadhog, tracer and torbjorn so far. I'm thinking about trying out a couple other people like maybe symettra or widowmaker.

I've heard torbjorn is not nearly as good as he used to be, but I've had some solid games with him and he is really fun to use. Same with tracer, I find her very enjoyable to use but I will need a lot of practice with her.

Welcome! I'm new-ish too. Most of my time is on Junkrat, Moira, Soldier, Mercy, and Roadhog.

But often if I'm playing solo, I'll flex and play whoever is going to give me the best chance at winning.

Started my PC run by trying to be a "fill" player (letting everyone else pick first then filling in as whatever we need), but that inevitably led to me healing 99% of the time. Now I just instalock Zarya and the only time I might swap is if we don't have a shield tank, in which case I favor Orisa.

Also:
1398182805.2014-04-23-party-pal.gif

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been working on Winston because he plays a little different than the other tanks and I'm trying to get better with sombra but it's hard, she seems tricky to use but she is a blast.

It is kind of frustrating how on QP everyone picks damage immediately except for maybe one tank or one healer, so like u said if u fill then you are always going to be frontline or support pretty much.

Oh I also have been trying lucio, I wanted a main healer besides brigette because I tend to see her as more of a tank/healing hybrid. Since I see a lot of mercy's I am going to be using lucio a lot, he is fun and his heals are great as long as people are grouped up near me.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been working on Winston because he plays a little different than the other tanks and I'm trying to get better with sombra but it's hard, she seems tricky to use but she is a blast.

It is kind of frustrating how on QP everyone picks damage immediately except for maybe one tank or one healer, so like u said if u fill then you are always going to be frontline or support pretty much.

Oh I also have been trying lucio, I wanted a main healer besides brigette because I tend to see her as more of a tank/healing hybrid. Since I see a lot of mercy's I am going to be using lucio a lot, he is fun and his heals are great as long as people are grouped up near me.

If you want maximum healing potential, I'd work on Moira. A lot of people like her for her damage potential (which can be very useful if your DPS are weak), but her healing is fantastic. Try playing Moira and only throwing healing orbs. Get used to the way they travel and bounce. If you have teams brawling in an enclosed space, through a healing orb at the wall and let it bounce around and heal them. If you have a DPS flanking or diving, a healing orb in their direction can be the difference between winning and losing a team fight.

Use her ult to heal in team fights. Healing Moira is incredible. Once you get a hang of focusing on healing with her, you can start to play around with damage as well. Just keep in mind that picking her means keeping your team alive.

If you want maximum healing potential, I'd work on Moira. A lot of people like her for her damage potential (which can be very useful if your DPS are weak), but her healing is fantastic. Try playing Moira and only throwing healing orbs. Get used to the way they travel and bounce. If you have teams brawling in an enclosed space, through a healing orb at the wall and let it bounce around and heal them. If you have a DPS flanking or diving, a healing orb in their direction can be the difference between winning and losing a team fight.

Use her ult to heal in team fights. Healing Moira is incredible. Once you get a hang of focusing on healing with her, you can start to play around with damage as well. Just keep in mind that picking her means keeping your team alive.

I was thinking about trying Moira out, I read her abilities tho and she sounded complicated lol thanks for the advise tho, I will definitely give her a shot.

What are your thoughts on lucio? I played one game with him and had like 8,000 healing so I assumed he was a great healer but I get how he is probably better for team fights then just healing a tank or something like a mercy would do.

I was thinking about trying Moira out, I read her abilities tho and she sounded complicated lol thanks for the advise tho, I will definitely give her a shot.

What are your thoughts on lucio? I played one game with him and had like 8,000 healing so I assumed he was a great healer but I get how he is probably better for team fights then just healing a tank or something like a mercy would do.

I haven't played Lucio a lot but he's great for team healing. He's also insanely hard to kill if you get decent at wall-running and fluctuating between healing and speed boost. He's a lot of fun to play and his ult is only a step behind Zen's. If you time it right, you can out-heal a DVa ult if a shield is down. Just like Zen, the timing of the ult is very important. I'd only use it in team brawls if the opposing team starts dumping ults.

I haven't played Lucio a lot but he's great for team healing. He's also insanely hard to kill if you get decent at wall-running and fluctuating between healing and speed boost. He's a lot of fun to play and his ult is only a step behind Zen's. If you time it right, you can out-heal a DVa ult if a shield is down. Just like Zen, the timing of the ult is very important. I'd only use it in team brawls if the opposing team starts dumping ults.

Thanks for the tip, I need to work on my wall running with him for sure. I'm having a ton of fun using Winston, people told me he was a weak tank but I think he's meant more for getting in and poking them then getting back out, not really a stand at the front and absorb all the damage type of tank.

Thanks for the tip, I need to work on my wall running with him for sure. I'm having a ton of fun using Winston, people told me he was a weak tank but I think he's meant more for getting in and poking them then getting back out, not really a stand at the front and absorb all the damage type of tank.

Winston is a great dive tank, but he's very situational. He counters snipers really well. In general, you're right. His leap ability has a fairly short cooldown, so you can jump into a group of characters and put damage on healers and jump back out. Use his shield strategically and move in and out of it when enemies chase, until you can leap again back behind your main tank.

Maybe instead of releasing another character with CC they should do a fucking optimization patch that makes the game not run like absolute shit. It would be nice to not have fps cut in half by hitting tab. Fuck, at this point you'd think Blizzard was some small indie developer with the way this game runs 90% of the time.
{<huh}

Overwatch will run just fine on a fucking potato.

Back