UFC 226

Glad the fight is off and bets are canceled

Probably wouldn’t have ended well for Holloway backers like myself

Cliff notes?

At work - can't listen.

The whole thing is good but I'll cliff it for you.

-Cormiers weight is around 245, he says it's a lot easier managing the weight, feels good, fresh
-Just got done working out, super sweaty, breathing very calmly
-Trains like a LHW as a HW. Say HW dont train like hes training, even he was a HW he wasnt training like now
-If he fought Ngannou he would have got 4-5 SUB and some TKOs in that tie frame
-Knows Stipe does hs best work inside and says that works to his adv(I'm not sure what he means by that but I like that he is aware)
-Say Stipe fought some tough guys but he doesnt know what Werdum was doing. He ran right into Stipes fist
-Thinks Cain turned JDS into a zombie
-Knows the longer he can make Stipe grapple the better the outcome for him.

-"Know that those odds and all that money they bet on him is tied to 1 outcome. The only way he can win is to knock me out."(my favorite part)

-"If he didnt finish Ngannou on the ground hes not finishing me on the ground. If it goes 25 minutes there is no way hes getting his hand raised"

Theres a lil more in there but thats the bulk of it.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the Chiesa/Pettis matchup?

Chiesa seems like a really poor matchup for Pettis, and by all indications, Chiesa is in great health/shape.
I agree w the sentiment but IDK how willing I am to bet Chiesa at current odds. I'm actually hoping the line moves one way or another after weigh ins so I can justify a play. I think the line's accurate

Upping my play on Cormier

Looking at ngannou ko -140. Beast barely getting by at hw. He wins fights off of will power and heart and ngannou showed he has plenty of that against stipe.

The whole thing is good but I'll cliff it for you.

-Cormiers weight is around 245, he says it's a lot easier managing the weight, feels good, fresh
-Just got done working out, super sweaty, breathing very calmly
-Trains like a LHW as a HW. Say HW dont train like hes training, even he was a HW he wasnt training like now
-If he fought Ngannou he would have got 4-5 SUB and some TKOs in that tie frame
-Knows Stipe does hs best work inside and says that works to his adv(I'm not sure what he means by that but I like that he is aware)
-Say Stipe fought some tough guys but he doesnt know what Werdum was doing. He ran right into Stipes fist
-Thinks Cain turned JDS into a zombie
-Knows the longer he can make Stipe grapple the better the outcome for him.

-"Know that those odds and all that money they bet on him is tied to 1 outcome. The only way he can win is to knock me out."(my favorite part)

-"If he didnt finish Ngannou on the ground hes not finishing me on the ground. If it goes 25 minutes there is no way hes getting his hand raised"

Theres a lil more in there but thats the bulk of it.

I like the fact Cormier has a good fight iq and can follow a gameplan. Also, Cain is supposedly helping him train for this fight.

When Cormier references Stipe does his best work inside. I think he is saying Stipe throws a lot of short accurate punches, not your typical long jab cross striker but he can. Stipe catches opponents with short punches but one of Cormier's favourite moves is to grab taller fighters with a Thai collar clinch with his left hand, drag them down and hit them with right hand uppercuts. He can't do this unless his opponents are really close. Guys have a hard time getting out of this move. Cormier will have to eat a few punches though to get to this position.

Felder looking damn solid at 170. He may end up being better at this weight.

People thinking Perry only struggles against guys who can stick and move but I'd honestly turn it around and say he's only had success against guys he can bully or who have shot chins. I've made the comparison before, but to me he's a bit of a modern day Phil Baroni.

Felder isn't gonna get bullied here. Pics only tell part of the story but I'm not sure Perry is the naturally bigger, stronger guy. And from what I've seen Felder has better technique so if Perry doesn't get that strength advantage he may be in real trouble here.

I'm now not loving my fight goes distance bet quite as much. I think Felder might bloody up and smash Perry honestly. I may buy out of some of my action on FGD for a small loss.

Chiesa SMH. I'm super objective and I really don't dislike anyone in the sport besides Tyrone Woodley. But Chiesa is all cringe and looking like a tweaker that needs his next fix, acting like a clown. And whats with all the throat slitting, Masvidal and Colby were the ones that started doing that and now everyone is just being a copycat, not impressed.

Cheisa vs Pettis is not an easy one to call but Cheisa looking a weight class bigger than Pettis. IDK how guys like him and James Vick continue to make 155

I'm starting to really like Millender over Griffin.

Griffin got soundly out wrestled/grappled in his last fight against Mike Perry, so I don't really see that as much of a path to victory for him here against Millender.

Also, with Curtis being the taller/longer and sharper striker, I think Griffin is in some trouble stylistically.

I don't hate -165 on Curtis.

I was leaning Chiesa anyway, but on the Luke Thomas show just now he said Pettis was moving kinda sluggish AND that Pettis had BADLY chapped lips. This is a LW so kinda weird that Pettis would have to dehydrate himself so badly to make weight (unlike when he was at FW) but it looks like there's at least a chance it's true. I hit Chiesa ML for 2u and Chiesa sub for .5u.

I was leaning Chiesa anyway, but on the Luke Thomas show just now he said Pettis was moving kinda sluggish AND that Pettis had BADLY chapped lips. This is a LW so kinda weird that Pettis would have to dehydrate himself so badly to make weight (unlike when he was at FW) but it looks like there's at least a chance it's true. I hit Chiesa ML for 2u and Chiesa sub for .5u.
Where did Luke mention that, his Sirius XM radio show?

Back