NiOh DLC

Just got this on the Summer Sale and it is a lot of fun but freaking hard. I suck at these games and have never payed the Soulsborne games but am somewhat familiar with them. Gotta train the mind not to button mash but I am enjoying the challenge.
What weapon are you using?

What weapon are you using?
Dual swords for all around mostly and odachi for heavy dmg but starting to incorporate an axe. I'm still pretty early in the game like mission 3. It's really fun.

Does armor not matter? I'm still getting bodied by level 15 monsters with level 32-35 armor on. Da fuck?

Does armor not matter? I'm still getting bodied by level 15 monsters with level 32-35 armor on. Da fuck?
Depends on the armor. Light doesn't do much at all. You do move quicker though. Best bet is to invest in stamina so you can wear heavy and maintain a b agility rating.

Dual swords for all around mostly and odachi for heavy dmg but starting to incorporate an axe. I'm still pretty early in the game like mission 3. It's really fun.
Nice. I used odachi a ton. Very versatile weapon. Dual swords has some awesome burst later on.

Depends on the armor. Light doesn't do much at all. You do move quicker though. Best bet is to invest in stamina so you can wear heavy and maintain a b agility rating.

Meh, I was getting furious lol. I play a lot of DS so I got over it because it's more or less the same in terms of what your armor does for you.

Last edited:
Meh, I was getting furious lol. I play a lot of DS so I got over it because it's more or less the same in terms of what your armor does for you.
Pretty much. Some heavy armor sets have great set bonuses so depending what weapon you are using i.e. odachi the stam will also increase your damage plus there is a clan that gives you a damage bonus for each piece of heavy you have on. I believe it is todo.

I am cheesing a living weapon build with kusarigama. Once you beat the first couple of difficulties highly recommend it. Gives you funny 1 shot capabilities and decent survivability.

Pretty much. Some heavy armor sets have great set bonuses so depending what weapon you are using i.e. odachi the stam will also increase your damage plus there is a clan that gives you a damage bonus for each piece of heavy you have on. I believe it is todo.

I am cheesing a living weapon build with kusarigama. Once you beat the first couple of difficulties highly recommend it. Gives you funny 1 shot capabilities and decent survivability.

Shit is legit pissing me off. I honestly thought it was easier than DS first few levels.

<TrumpWrong1>

Everything is fucking two hitting me or one hitting me. And don't get me started on those firewheels. Holy shit.

<{cuts}>

Shit is legit pissing me off. I honestly thought it was easier than DS first few levels.

<TrumpWrong1>

Everything is fucking two hitting me or one hitting me. And don't get me started on those firewheels. Holy shit.

<{cuts}>
What weapon you using?

The lightening sword that you get from one of the first few missions, hand cannon, and the Kama with the chain.
Ok. I would focus on just the kusarigama. That way you can invest in body and get life and damage for it and dext gives you a ton of damage plus ninja points so you get a ton of usables. Put points in magic so you can get some more buffs and debuffs also.

Ok. I would focus on just the kusarigama. That way you can invest in body and get life and damage for it and dext gives you a ton of damage plus ninja points so you get a ton of usables. Put points in magic so you can get some more buffs and debuffs also.

What about heart?

Can I reset my samurai points?

What about heart?

Can I reset my samurai points?
Dont really need it with kusa. Im lvl 750 and i have 18 in it. If you use kato for your guardian spirit you get plenty plus the regen is fast. Just practice ki pulse and it isn't much of a problem at all.

Book of reincarnation resets all your samurai points. Also once you have all the skills you need in your weapon tree look for all the passives in other trees those apply to all weapons unless it says the specified weapon in description. The katana tree has a passive increase in ki, axe has life, etc.

Dont really need it with kusa. Im lvl 750 and i have 18 in it. If you use kato for your guardian spirit you get plenty plus the regen is fast. Just practice ki pulse and it isn't much of a problem at all.

Book of reincarnation resets all your samurai points. Also once you have all the skills you need in your weapon tree look for all the passives in other trees those apply to all weapons unless it says the specified weapon in description. The katana tree has a passive increase in ki, axe has life, etc.

Thanks for your suggestions. Im crushing it now. I still feel like I hit like a sadass cause I'm only lv 82 but I'm running through this bitch now.

<TrumpWrong1>

<{cuts}>

Yea man, takes a lot for me to get rustled and this game does it. It's unforgiving.

Frustrating, but when you get it, satisfying.

What should I put my skills in if I'm doing dual katanas and Odachi or Axe?

My only problem with this game are the sub missions. If you're gonna force players to farm levels then you should make em have more depth. I hope for the second installment they add mini bosses to the side missions. The duels are very refreshing.

Thanks for your suggestions. Im crushing it now. I still feel like I hit like a sadass cause I'm only lv 82 but I'm running through this bitch now.
No worries. You get plenty of books of reincarnation a little later on as quest rewards and they aren't too expensive so when you get really nice drops for different weapons definitely don't worry about experimenting.

I wish I knew this beforehand. Played odachi whole time all the way through way of the nioh lol. I was sitting on like 12 books without trying to stockpile. Also don't worry about gear now. Just roll with what drops. Gear wont really matter until ng+++

No worries. You get plenty of books of reincarnation a little later on as quest rewards and they aren't too expensive so when you get really nice drops for different weapons definitely don't worry about experimenting.

I wish I knew this beforehand. Played odachi whole time all the way through way of the nioh lol. I was sitting on like 12 books without trying to stockpile. Also don't worry about gear now. Just roll with what drops. Gear wont really matter until ng+++

I've been upgrading the red demon armor. I love the way it looks. I was upgrading the bull armor. That all silver look is nice.

Please tell me the Tonfas aren't DLC.

Back