TUF 27

Obviously adds nothing to the capping of fights but that ring girl has had a ludicrous amount of plastic surgery at such a young age. Is it too much to ask to have Vanessa Hansen on every broadcast. Dropped the ball in the ring card engineer department!

$ coming in on Tavares, almost evens now.

Got a nice parlay on pena/peixote/honchak. My 3 most confident picks on the card.

I was thinking yesterday, that Modafferi’s higher work ethic could make the difference in small cage against more technical Honchak, who has less space to stick and move. I just started to listen to Vivisection and both guys picked Roxy for her higher effort too. Only 0.5u on Roxy so far as I’m betting against the consensus, but she seems like a solid dog to me.

I was thinking yesterday, that Modafferi’s higher work ethic could make the difference in small cage against more technical Honchak, who has less space to stick and move. I just started to listen to Vivisection and both guys picked Roxy for her higher effort too. Only 0.5u on Roxy so far as I’m betting against the consensus, but she seems like a solid dog to me.
Small cage favors Barb the wrestler & grinder who wants takedowns and to stay on top.

Small cage favors Barb the wrestler & grinder who wants takedowns and to stay on top.
Hah, just back from a vacation, so I've only had time to watch the Murphy fight. Good to know.

I could't find Barb's TUF fights from Fight Pass. How did they go? Does she still have a grinder mentality and athleticism + cardio to pull that off at 38?

I could't find Barb's TUF fights from Fight Pass. How did they go? Does she still have a grinder mentality and athleticism + cardio to pull that off at 38?
You gotta search for the episode and fast forward to the fight.

Unibet still doesn't have props for TUF and 226, wtf is going on

Worth noting that she subbed Roxanne back in 2011 as well by RNC. I'd be lying if I said I've seen the fight so I have no clue how it was set up, etc. but there are reasons to believe it's relevant.

First, because Roxanne fancies herself a slick grappler with a good sub game of her own. She invites scrambles and is fine playing that game. Second, because it's not like Roxanne was some noob back in 2011. She's a "pioneer" of WMMA, so she'd been grappling a long time by 2011. It's very doubtful she's improved a whole lot on the mat since then.

Worth noting that she subbed Roxanne back in 2011 as well by RNC. I'd be lying if I said I've seen the fight so I have no clue how it was set up, etc. but there are reasons to believe it's relevant.

First, because Roxanne fancies herself a slick grappler with a good sub game of her own. She invites scrambles and is fine playing that game. Second, because it's not like Roxanne was some noob back in 2011. She's a "pioneer" of WMMA, so she'd been grappling a long time by 2011. It's very doubtful she's improved a whole lot on the mat since then.
Modafferi was training for as long time in Japan while working full time. She moved to US few years ago and has been training at Elevation since I think. Most of her recent wins are g'n'p from mount.

Modafferi was training for as long time in Japan while working full time. She moved to US few years ago and has been training at Elevation since I think. Most of her recent wins are g'n'p from mount.

Yeah I'm not saying it's impossible she's improved some, I just doubt she's made big leaps in her grappling game after all those years of already fighting and grappling.

Yeah I'm not saying it's impossible she's improved some, I just doubt she's made big leaps in her grappling game after all those years of already fighting and grappling.
Modafferi is very aware of her physical limitations as a fighter, but she's extremely determined and a hard worker. My impression is, that she's modernized her game a lot since first TUF appearance.

Modafferi is very aware of her physical limitations as a fighter, but she's extremely determined and a hard worker. My impression is, that she's modernized her game a lot since first TUF appearance.
Modaferri always makes me cringe. But I have to give her props for improving so much so late in her career. She clearly has made a very concentrated effort to improve her overall game. Man, I got burned when I bet against her when she fought Andrea Lee.

Also, seems to harbor almost no arrogance or hostility in her as a person, pretty rare qualities to have.

Modaferri always makes me cringe. But I have to give her props for improving so much so late in her career. She clearly has made a very concentrated effort to improve her overall game. Man, I got burned when I bet against her when she fought Andrea Lee.

Also, seems to harbor almost no arrogance or hostility in her as a person, pretty rare qualities to have.

I think it's fair to say her striking has improved. She was unbelievably wooden and showed zero fluidity in the past. It's gotten a bit better. Her grappling has always been solid, but like @Yotsuya said she has physical limitations that hold her back. I think even at 38 Barb will just be the stronger, more athletic fighter.

I agree about Roxanne's personality. She truly loves the sport and just enjoys competing. She is easy to root for, betting aside.

Cashed in my Marquez bet that I had placed at 1.78 and instead went big on Marquez - Chirico Under 2.5 @1.96

If Marquez wins he'll probably win in the 1st or maybe 2nd round anyway and now I've better odds and still cash if Chirico wins inside 2.5. Really love this bet and pretty confident it will hit.

Come get this plus money boys my bankroll is going to take a big hit if Trizano loses but I can't justify not going huge watching both of them

Back