Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Under DADT, it's not like the gays weren't in our units. They were always there, just quietly. Hell, when I was a PL, I had a few gay guys in my platoon. Literally everyone in the platoon knew about it, but they were good Soldiers, so we all just didn't say anything about it. When I got to a team, I had a gay guy in the unit. At that point, DADT was over, but he was still quiet about his sexuality because he didn't want a bunch of attention about it. We all quietly respected his wishes, and that was that. The gay thing really isn't a big deal. He was still a SF-qualified Soldier who made it through the training and deployments, same as the rest of us, and he did it during DADT. It's not like the standards were any different for him. As you can see, I'll clearly go to bat for this guy, an EXTREMELY qualified 18C40. Dude was an excellent Senior Engineer Sergeant, and his ability to keep our property and supply organized was second-to-none.

U.S. Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

"Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned...More than 5,000 immigrants were recruited into the program in 2016, and an estimated 10,000 are currently serving. Most go the Army, but some also go to the other military branches."

"Immigrants have been serving in the Army since 1775, we wouldn't have won the revolution without immigrants, and we're not going to win the global war on terrorism today without immigrants."

Story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u...immigrant-recruits/ar-AAzDJyx?ocid=spartandhp

...another 'brilliant' idea by the U.S. Army. Have to strongly disagree with this one. At a time when recruitment numbers are not being met. Immigrants willing to serve in the U.S. military, and go to war, when other Americans opt not to serve.
This is total bullshit. If any immigrant serves an effortless path to citizenship, it is those that are serving in the US military. These are the people who are doing a fantastic service to our country, and they deserve to be here with this job that teaches them so many things. This is a horrible decision by the US Army.

This is total bullshit. If any immigrant serves an effortless path to citizenship, it is those that are serving in the US military. These are the people who are doing a fantastic service to our country, and they deserve to be here with this job that teaches them so many things. This is a horrible decision by the US Army.
Probably not their decision to make, to be honest.

You take the Donkeys home or just a place on base?

I'm retired from the U.S. Army. The donkeys have 5 acres that I purchased. They roam free. Very smart animals. Managed to take down my fence on 3 separate occasions. They didn't go far. Only went to eat some leaves and grass on the other side and came back. Horses on the other hand, would have gone exploring and gotten lost. Not as smart.

I'm retired from the U.S. Army. The donkeys have 5 acres that I purchased. They roam free. Very smart animals. Managed to take down my fence on 3 separate occasions. They didn't go far. Only went to eat some leaves and grass on the other side and came back. Horses on the other hand, would have gone exploring and gotten lost. Not as smart.
Donkeys and mules don't get enough credit for their intelligence.

You come to a hole in a barbed wire fence with a Burro, Donkey, or Mule that isn't quite big enough for them to pass through and try to force them they'll look at you like you're an idiot or straight up turn around and walk away.

A horse... that stupid thing will kill itself trying to get through the same hole.

This is total bullshit. This is a horrible decision by the US Army.

Well, I guess this answers my earlier question about the extra funding for an extended 8 week Infantry AIT. Money invested towards the immigrant soldiers gets diverted. ;) Just joking...

200.gif

Terminal Lance <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Greatest movie ever made imo.

Funny you should say that. I think the same after all these years. Great soundtrack.
The 'Band of Brothers' series from 2001 was also great, and 'Patton' from 1970.

Last edited:

"It's good to finally have a real officer sir" -Lipton
"Really, see.. the men have all told me when they were freezing in that forest.. they already had one, Sgt. Lipton" -Speirs

The real Dike was actually a hero. A shame what Ambrose and HBO did to him when he wasn't even alive anymore.

Back