PWD 611: Wrestlers Don't Pull Out

Best 90's Arnold Movie(That's Not T2)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. It's one thing to be fired because you're a locker room cancer, which Enzo absolutely was. But, they made it abundantly clear that they were okay with him sticking around, considering they were building an entire brand around him, at the expense of the guy who was carrying it, and was selling a load of merch.

Never thought I'd say this, but Enzo might have been in the right with all of this.
Pro wrestlings loss is the music worlds gain

yes_data.gif

Just watching some old Marc Mero matches on the Network and was this guy supposed to be any good? I remember hearing that he had promise and talent until Sable fucked him over, but from I'm looking he was never going anywhere.

Vince LOVED Johnny B. Badd in WCW. So he said "Bring me Johnny B. Badd!" so they bring in Johnny B. Badd. This goes to show you how badly Vince wanted Johnny B. Badd, he brought him in on a 6-figure guaruntee, while Steve Austin and Mick Foley were working on the old 10/150 deals. The problem is, 'Johnny B. Badd' was a WCW property. So Vince couldn't have Johnny B. Badd, and they couldn't just change his name, because WCW would fuck him over. To make matters worse, Marc Mero was only trained to be 'Johnny B. Badd', he was never actually trained to work.

So, they gave him the 'Wildman' Marc Mero gimmick, and it didn't get over. So, they tapped into his boxing background, because the dude was a legit golden gloves champ, with some horrifying knockouts to his name, and Steve Austin agreed to work him and give him some legitimacy. The problem there is, Vinces McMahon, and Russo were OBSESSED with Sable, and wanted her to be a big star, so they turned her babyface, and she powerbombed him, and he sold it.

Steve gets on the phone "Hey, I ain't working with Mero!" and Vince asked why, and Steve said "You expect me to sell for a guy who just got dropped by a 100lbs woman?! Not happening!"

Mero was done for there and then.

And I got some more good news for you people
Looks like my long arduous search for a place to go before the show has yielded fruitful results
Joes Of Westlake is an old style Italian steakhouse that comes highly recommended, its close by and bonus its where the rasslers used to go after the shows back in the territory days
Gentlemen I think we have a winner

yes_data.gif

Mero had a decent run in WWF.

Vince LOVED Johnny B. Badd in WCW. So he said "Bring me Johnny B. Badd!" so they bring in Johnny B. Badd. This goes to show you how badly Vince wanted Johnny B. Badd, he brought him in on a 6-figure guaruntee, while Steve Austin and Mick Foley were working on the old 10/150 deals. The problem is, 'Johnny B. Badd' was a WCW property. So Vince couldn't have Johnny B. Badd, and they couldn't just change his name, because WCW would fuck him over. To make matters worse, Marc Mero was only trained to be 'Johnny B. Badd', he was never actually trained to work.

So, they gave him the 'Wildman' Marc Mero gimmick, and it didn't get over. So, they tapped into his boxing background, because the dude was a legit golden gloves champ, with some horrifying knockouts to his name, and Steve Austin agreed to work him and give him some legitimacy. The problem there is, Vinces McMahon, and Russo were OBSESSED with Sable, and wanted her to be a big star, so they turned her babyface, and she powerbombed him, and he sold it.

Steve gets on the phone "Hey, I ain't working with Mero!" and Vince asked why, and Steve said "You expect me to sell for a guy who just got dropped by a 100lbs woman?! Not happening!"

Mero was done for there and then.
Sounds more like McMahon and Russo screwed him to me. I just remember seeing a comment on a YouTube video claiming Sable was a backstabbing bitch who used Mero. I think it was on a video of Cornette talking about Sable and Sunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back