looking to buy a gaming PC

Msi is recommending a 1080 in there 4K video editing build suggestion but no reason why.

I’m trying to figure out if a 1050/60 will do but as cheap as 1070’s are used locally from the minnng fallout I might just get a 1070 because even if it is used, some are still “new in box” that never make it into the mining rigs”so they say”

https://www.msi.com/Landing/motherboards-for-4k-video-editing-pc-build

Msi is recommending a 1080 in there 4K video editing build suggestion but no reason why.
scrooge-mcduck-kissing-money-victor-minca.jpg

I bought one in March from Best Buy. It is an I buy power pc. Love it .

I figured as such and have been reading into it some on toms hardware and some other sites.

I think I’ve figured out what’s what now, it’s the color correction rendering that is taxing on a gpu, mainly 4K increasing demand over 1080p.

I think but for what I do and how i do it a 1050 will be bottom for my needs without seriously slowing things down.

My main issue that I was seeing was the audio loosing sync during editing, and I think it’s because the color correction trying to run and just taxing the system too much.

Like I said “I think”.

As I can get a 1070 locally for roughly the same price as a new 1050 from new egg, I might do that, I’m starting to get a better feal for why my i7 8th gen laptop is struggling. And I’m close to starring my own build thread and stop hijacking his. But at least there has been some very helpful info to the OP that people have I put in response to some of my posts, so not all is lost and it’s not a total hijack.

Back