Darren Elkins buried on Fight Night prelims

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Good example of how bad promotion can affect a fighters trajectory.

- 6 fight win streak
- Two POTN bonuses in his last 3 (Bektic anyone?).
- Ranked 10th (Second highest ranked male on card)

Yet buried mid-prelims of a Fight Night, below guys he just beat (Dennis Bermudez).

I love his fights but the guy is never gonna sell PPV's. Casuals won't get behind him no matter where the UFC puts him on the card.

He's a prelim fighter nothing more. If you're ranked 10 after 6 straight it aint gonna happen. He would have to go on a 10+ streak to sniff a shot.

Elkins would have been a huge star during the radio era.

Good post. Damage gets no respect, but he comes to brawl every time and somehow manages to pull out Ws. He can easily be marketed as a Rocky-type underdog. It's disheartening.

not to mention he is fighting a great young fighter/prospect who should also be getting exposure as he also could be a potential Contender in the future .
Personally I can't wait for this fight and I hope Darren gets a title shot after this fight if he wins ( I know he won't ) because he's not what the UFC would want as a champ .

He has potential to be a bonafide mega star if marketed right.

Tell Joe Rogan that there's a dude with ELK in his surname, he'll get so excited that he'll hype the everloving shit out of him.

Jbo1amp.jpg

It's a real shame. Win or lose, the guy comes to scrap.

Hes not marketable in any way shape or form and that tattoo has ruined any chance he had.

not to mention he is fighting a great young fighter/prospect who should also be getting exposure as he also could be a potential Contender in the future.

Yeah Bektić and now Volkanovski. Dangerous opponents with no name value.

Elkins is being positioned to elevate prospects rather than himself.

Last edited:
They are just hoping he breaks his winning streak against prospects that no one really knows.

He’s 34 years old and he ain’t no Romero when he came to the scene.

Promoting him would be a waste of time and money. He’s a journeyman on a nice streak that will soon end.

Back