DC: "I will fight Shogun, then I will fight Brock Lesnar"

who wins

• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
DC just said on Ariel Helwani MMA show that Brock Lesnar is not guaranteed to be his next fight. He wants to fight Shogun next coz he has won some fights, an MMA legend, and is someone he respect. After that, he will go back to HW and fight Brock.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
waste of time it wouldn't even be competitive Shogun would get trashed at this point and we all know it

Looking for easy fights at this stage of his career, not that I blame him.

Shogun is still a big name in the division and has a huge fanbase still. And will always be a legend in the sport

DC just said on Ariel Helwani MMA show that he is wants to fight Shogun next coz he has won some fights and is a MMA legend and is someone he respect. After that, he will go back to HW and fight Brock.

Thoughts?
he's ducking Gus and Blaydes

Give up a belt, DC, you're too old to be a double champ.

DC would beat any version of Shogun even if his legs got amputated. There is no reason for him to fight a shot Shogun.

It makes perfect sense for DC to request this fight. Shogun might bring more fans than anyone currently at lhw, and DC can stick to his timeline (one fight Nov/Dec and Lesnar fight to leave on in March). It’s an extremely low risk, high reward fight from a skill and fiscal perspective. He can potentially say he defended both belts simultaneously which is something McNuggets never did.

Last edited:
Love shogun but that some bullshit not to mention Rua has a fight coming up that he's expected to lose.

As long as Gus wins his upcoming fight, I can't see anyone else fighting DC at 205.
Throw in fact that he's only guy on planet who gave both Jones and DC a run for their money = no brainer

So he's a Shogun fanboi and wants to give him a nice retirement payday? Good Guy Cormier giving back to mma

Back