• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

DC: "I will fight Shogun, then I will fight Brock Lesnar"

who wins

• Total voters
I forgot Shogun is already booked against Anthony Smith

Nothing to worry about
Fight won't happen
Shogun not getting past Smith
You do know Anthony has been finished more than Shogun right? Shogun can certainly KO him.

DC just said on Ariel Helwani MMA show that Brock Lesnar is not guaranteed to be his next fight. He wants to fight Shogun next coz he has won some fights, an MMA legend, and is someone he respect. After that, he will go back to HW and fight Brock.

Thoughts?

When exactly is he planning on fighting Shogun? Shogun is slated to fight on July 22. after that fight, people really think he's going to fight in december? He might...but given his track record...I doubt it.

Shogun would get wrecked 99.9% but I wouldn't mind seeing him get one more throw of the dice. He's been getting punched in the face for the last 20 years for a living so what's another 25 minutes to be a 2 time UFC LHW champion.

Personally I would rather see him face Gus if that was the case.

These are his last fights so he's looking for money, not to "test himself" or legitimize his belts against top contenders. Those belts are just leverage for a couple cash grabs before he walks off into the sunset, and I think he's earned it. Give him the biggest names he can get at either weight class and then we all move on.

Thats risky why not just let your body recover? Why try and defend your title at light heavy and strain your body again?

It will hurt him cutting down from 245 to 205 especially at his age and if he loses it ruins the brock superfight momentum, just wait it out DC.

Yeah if Dana smart he will shut that down and pay off USADA to get jones back next year and Brock allowed to juice or exemption. They can fight in November.

DC is stupid if he reites in march next year. Dude just KTFO of stipe and has big pay days a head and he is not slowing down.

Brock fight is very winnable and huge pay day.

Jones fight at HW

Blaydes at HW or someone else.

As much as I love DC, I'll be rooting for Shogun hard. What a story that would be.

Would not be competitive even with DC wearing a straitjacket. He would probably make Shogun tap to foot stomps

Makes no sense in that order. 1st drop weight and then gain it back again?

DC affraid of Jones confirmed.

Correct. If the champ had real courage, he would just bide his time for four years until Jones is eligible to compete again, not look for other opponents in the meantime.

Gus has always lost against all world class competition. We've already seen his chances at the highest level a dozen times. No one wants to pay $65 for that shit again. Shogun may be inconsistent nowadays but he's proven to be a championship level fighter in the past. I'd rather see him get a shot.
Listen, I'm a shogun supporter but he has 0 % chance of beating DC. Why would I pay 65 potatoes for that.
If Gus s fights weren't competitive then I would agree in looking in another direction but thats not the case

DC just heat Miocic he can pick his fights. If Shogun wins it makes perfect sense.

His first move as HW Champ will not be defend the HW belt, nice

Back