Doom Metal / Dark Sludge / Stoner Rock etc. Warning: LOUD AND HEAVY! Spark up!

Just recently got into Truckfighters a band from Sweden after I kept hearing about them.

This is from their 2005 album Gravity X and it is the first track on the album. One of the few stoner metal bands to come out post 2000 that actually sound refreshing.

Also Earthless are an extremely talented three piece band from San Diego who make some really great instrumental psychedelic stoner music.

Mastodon has been one of my favorite groups for a long long time and this is a really damn good song which features Scott Kelly the legendary vocalist/guitarist of the band Neurosis

And to finish off my post here is some Neurosis for you. The title track from their fifth album of the same name Through Silver In Blood from 1996. This one of the best metal albums ever recorded and a quintessential record in the Sludge Metal genre.

Last edited:
Just recently got into Truckfighters a band from Sweden after I kept hearing about them.

This is from their 2005 album Gravity X and it is the first track on the album. One of the few stoner metal bands to come out post 2000 that actually sound refreshing.

Also Earthless are an extremely talented three piece band from Texas who make some really great instrumental psychedelic stoner music.

Mastodon has been one of my favorite groups for a long long time and this is a really damn good song which features Scott Kelly the legendary vocalist/guitarist of the band Neurosis

And to finish off my post here is some Neurosis for you. The title track from their fifth album of the same name Through Silver In Blood from 1996. This one of the best metal albums ever recorded and a quintessential record in the Sludge Metal genre.

Earthless are from San Diego and they rule! This year's Roadburn Festival was focused on the San Diego scene and Earthless played three times in four days (including in jams with Japanese psychedelic bands). It was mindblowing!

Earthless are from San Diego and they rule! This year's Roadburn Festival was focused on the San Diego scene and Earthless played three times in four days (including in jams with Japanese psychedelic bands). It was mindblowing!
Why did I think they were from Texas is beyond me. Thanks for the correction

A little bit of everything...

Last edited:
They are (were) indeed fantasic. I never saw them live unfortunatelly.
What's strange about them as a live band, is that Lee Dorian sings on key. I guess he purposely sing off key when recording..?

What's strange about them as a live band, is that Lee Dorian sings on key. I guess he purposely sing off key when recording..?
Really? That's awesome actually.

Early Monster Magnet

Check out the youtube channel
Stoned Meadow of Doom, lots of good stuff on there.

Last edited:
Never heard of floor but I love Torche. Thanks for sharing!

Torche has some cool shit, I discovered floor in the last thread that was done on SD some years back.. I posted the link to it above a couple posts back.

Hell yeah dude! Whores produces one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. I saw them open for Red Fang a few years ago. Missed their most recent show unfortunately.

Yeah they’re awesome. I stumbled on them during a youtube session where I was just clicking on suggestions left and right. I ended up ordering their cd’s directly from their website (couldn’t find them anywhere else at the time) and the lead singer wrote me a quick note thanking me for the support. Pretty cool shit.

Yeah they’re awesome. I stumbled on them during a youtube session where I was just clicking on suggestions left and right. I ended up ordering their cd’s directly from their website (couldn’t find them anywhere else at the time) and the lead singer wrote me a quick note thanking me for the support. Pretty cool shit.
That is some pretty cool shit! I need to don't he seems thing hopefully he'll write me.

Also Earthless are an extremely talented three piece band from San Diego who make some really great instrumental psychedelic stoner music.

Truckfighters is my favorite band I've started listening to in the last 10 years or so. They have the perfect sound to me. The perfect amount of distortion and fuzz, cool ass vocals, they jam, heavy and chill as fuck, etc. I finally saw them about two years ago in the smallest venue I've ever been to, in Atlanta. it was one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me. Got to Pat sweaty as fuck Dango on the shoulder and tell him how bad ass they were. I said something similar to Ozo too.

I've actually hung out with Brett from Mastodon at a bar in Atlanta after a show. He smoked my vape pen which makes me feel cool. One of my good friends girlfriends went to school with him and they always get free tickets to shows. And they've been backstage a few times. I went back once and acting like a bitch and didn't talk to anyone. Nran even walked up to me and said something strange. I'm awkward and terrible at conversation so I said something weird back. He stood there for a sec and walked away. Then he and Brent got in a yelling match in front of their families and we left. We actually sat with the family's that nigjt just remembered. Good times. So glad I got my fiance pregnant.

Earthless kicks ass too

Back