Which Fallout game was better? New Vegas or 4?

???????

• Total voters
And it's also generic good vs. evil. The factions in 4 are more nuanced than that.

<LikeReally5>

There are no outwardly "good" factions in New Vegas. No right or wrong. They're all flawed and at best fall into a gray area. It's one of the biggest reasons NV is held in higher regard as an RPG over 3 and 4.

<LikeReally5>

There are no outwardly "good" factions in New Vegas. No right or wrong. They're all flawed and at best fall into a gray area. It's one of the biggest reasons NV is held in higher regard as an RPG over 3 and 4.

There is no grey area. Caesar's Legion is clearly the evil choice. You can't play a good guy and side with them, period. The NCR has its flaws but they represent order and stability in a world that doesn't have any better options (much like the government's of today).

Now Fallout 4 has what you're describing. Factions that exist in a gray area with no good or evil choice.

Fallout 4 shopping is a joke.... the money means nothing. there is nothing to buy!

NV > 2 > 1 > 3. That last two are close and if you asked me tomorrow, I may put 3 over 1. What does everyone think about Fallout Tactics?

Now Fallout 4 has what you're describing. Factions that exist in a gray area with no good or evil choice.

I swear to christ joining/helping the Minutemen dooms so many more settlers to die than just leaving their boring leader alone

I haven’t played FO4 yet, it’s in my backlog, but I liked NV more than FO3. Just really enjoyed the setting.

So difficult to answer. I guess I like Fallout 4 better because it feels streamlined, and the combat system is much more fluid and actually entertaining (I was never a fan of it in fallout 3 and NV). Plus the game is prettier than the brown orgy of NV.

1f1.jpg

Fallout New Vegas felt like a living world with vibrant characters, Fallout 4 felt like a boring world with cardbord cutouts instead of characters. I'd rather they brought out New Vegas on the Fallout 4 Engine.

Yeah the factions in NV aren't nuanced at all. I would have liked it if they were, but the Legion are mustache twirling evil. The first time you run into them, it's most likely in the middle of them killing lots of innocent civilians. The NCR and the brotherhood have their flaws, particularly the brotherhood, but neither are EVIL. Raping and pillaging and murdering civs would get you killed or exiled.

NV > 2 > 1 > 3. That last two are close and if you asked me tomorrow, I may put 3 over 1. What does everyone think about Fallout Tactics?
It's fun! Got it as part of the fallout collection years ago. Always meant to go back and finish it at some point. It's a game you have to play a very certain way, so I have to be in the mood for it. The combat mechanics are a bit dated but it's still good. Wish they'd do another game in that style.

F4 had impressive building mechanics (Vault Building DLC) and settlement/population management
Screenshot-Original.png

Fallout New Vegas felt like a living world with vibrant characters, Fallout 4 felt like a boring world with cardbord cutouts instead of characters. I'd rather they brought out New Vegas on the Fallout 4 Engine.

mods will save us

I enjoyed NV, the factions were cool. It did seem to force you into more of a linear story. My go to is 4 with xbox mods, and survival mode. I don't usually bother with the main story (beat it once). I play with some nice headphones, and no BG music. It's more like a fun atmospheric thing for me.

I enjoyed NV, the factions were cool. It did seem to force you into more of a linear story. My go to is 4 with xbox mods, and survival mode. I don't usually bother with the main story (beat it once). I play with some nice headphones, and no BG music. It's more like a fun atmospheric thing for me.

You think NV is more linear then F4?

You think NV is more linear then F4?

Not the storyline, I thought the different options were super cool...but the world itself sort of forces you into the main story mode by blocking parts of the map off with deathclaws and cazadores.

I didn't really feel the "darkness" of the series with fallout 4 until the third or fourth playthrough when I switched to full-blown Survival mode and restricted all armor to clothes, then everything changed. Being forced to stealthily ambush and escape areas rather than clearing sites room-by-room felt as close as F4's ever been to me

Screenshot-Original.png

I also encourage anyone on Survival mode to dedicate a settlement to heavy, eccentric, sprawling upgrades because the difficulty of sourcing those materials/collectables made my love for those buildings (and settlers) extremely powerful

Oh yes, settlement building helps a ton on survival mode. They produce food,water,caps,junk and doctor to remove your diseases / rads for cheap price. And those caps do pile up, I could visit some settlement I hadn't visited in a while and workbench could have few thousand caps in there. I made Oberland Station* (the one south from that robot garden) my main base since it was close to pretty much everything.

Nothing beats that feeling when you're full of disease,rads,hunger,thirst and sleep depravation and run in the dark towards a settlement hoping that you don't encounter enemies on the way. And then make it: you unload your loot* , fix your hunger and thirst, sleep 8 hours in a bed, go to doctor and pay 40 caps to fix rads, 15 caps to fix diseases and health.

(* to containers that settlers cant get to since they tend to loot their contents for defense in case of an attack)

Speaking of Fallout 4, is the season pass worth it? I liked the DLC for FO3 and NV but want to know if FO4’s dlc is any good or not. I’m on PS4 and the season pass is really expensive, like $66 CND and I’ve only ever seen it on sale for like $44 but never any lower than that. I like story based content so should I forgo the pass and just by one dlc only, like Far Harbor?

Speaking of Fallout 4, is the season pass worth it? I liked the DLC for FO3 and NV but want to know if FO4’s dlc is any good or not. I’m on PS4 and the season pass is really expensive, like $66 CND and I’ve only ever seen it on sale for like $44 but never any lower than that. I like story based content so should I forgo the pass and just by one dlc only, like Far Harbor?

Far Harbor and Nuka have enough complexity in their maps to easily beat the exploration in F3's The Pitt and Dead Money (way bigger) so they're guilt-free buys imo. I thought I'd love Far Harbor but Nuka had a way better story

Screenshot-Original.png

The workshops have the least amount of things going on, if you like building just scoop the Vault workshop and you'll have plenty to do

Screenshot-Original.png

The only DLC I never bothered with was Automatron, anyone played it?

I wasn't impressed with FO4 at first, when I had a full suit of Power Armour and a gatling Cannon within the first few hours, but I really did grow to like it. I loved NV for the western feel.
...but FO4 got my vote because they didn't include Caesers Army and I always thought they were lame. I found NV looked a little too cartoonish for my liking and wasn't as dark as FO3 or FO4.

looking through my old captures on F4 I keep seeing Travis photobombing everywhere as my unkillable creepy death machine

Screenshot-Original.png

he becomes so broken at a certain point he just picks up whatever gun he feels like using and never puts it down ever

and you can't make him equip inventory

I was playing Nuka World DLC one time and Travis was so glitched that when a firefight broke out he hacked a Very Hard chamber and jumped in a power suit and proceeded to never un-equip it ever again on that playthrough

14446074_3908105105796_5005866390318514461_n.jpg

14502712_3920149246892_1076027997848444780_n.jpg

14433114_3907511090946_7017594951934294156_n.jpg

14390870_3907511490956_9104707677654763495_n.jpg

he didn't need power cells, and I could only make repairs by forcing him out of it and then sparking a fight later to make him jump back in

never seen anything like it in my life

Back