Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

Boxer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Was wondering if any Wilder fans can explain why Wilder won't fight AJ?

Forget all the BS that came before, he said, she said.

Where we are now is this ............

Wilder announces he accepts the terms from AJ and will sign.

Hearn promptly sends out a contract with the terms already agreed.

Wilder and co stall on getting back to Hearn even though they know the WBA is threatening to call the mandatory.

Finkel states he wants to know date and place (even though they know Hearn said likely Oct / Nov in Cardiff to avoid GGG PPV clash) Hearn has to now go and get this agreed with the venue so he can put it in the contract (although Finkel took a week to get back to him and they could of just signed and sorted this later) he also goes on national TV and states the deal is BS.

WBA hears Finkels comments, gets fed up with the stalling and issues the mandatory.

AJ either accepts or risks losing a belt putting the whole unification fight in danger so (rightly so) opts to defend.

Hearn then has time to issue the time and date, April in Wembley, contract is on the table.

Deontay refuses to sign the deal he's already said he was happy with, now asks for 50/50 which he's simply not earned the right to ask for and is basically saying forget the whole thing ..............

Which brings us to now.

AJ's latest response ............

'I've just been hanging around waiting for a signature'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...oshua-comments-wait-Deontay-Wilder-fight.html

So the question is, why is Deontay officially ducking AJ?

(PS lets not go over the above details because they're all facts, accepted by both parties, the only question here is why is Deontay now backing out of the contract?)

Hey. I found a fight between a dwarf and a normal sized guy being cornered by an Inflatable Conor mcgregor

AJ scared, Hearn doesn’t want to lose his cash cow etc

In all seriousness I think it’s ego. and I’m not digging out wilder here but what fellow champion is going to happily accept such skewed terms in favour of the other champion. I knew this would be an issue months ago. But that is down to wilder and his team letting Joshua collect the belts and get the bigger fights. One champion rested on their laurels, the other didnt
If he wants the fight he’ll have to accept it for now. Win that fight and the shoe is on the other foot. It’s not exactly a risk based on all of the rewards, in fact it’s the complete opposite. Hearn/Joshua aren’t going to give up any control or bigger split to make it happen as most people don’t really see them as the issue with making the fight. It will happen but I expect the compromise to be from wilders side, not Joshua’s

Oh good we needed another thread about this.

Ill go ahead and sum this thread up:

“Wilder is shaking in his boots. Literally terrified of AJ. Hell never sign to fight any top fighters. AJ will kill him. Blah blah blah blah blah.”

“AJ is a pussy. Hes scared of Wilder. Hearn is protecting him. He turned down his own demand. Wilder will kill him. Blah blah blah blah.”

Ill bet they fight in April next year though. Even though theyre both scared of each other etc.

Oh good we needed another thread about this.

Ill go ahead and sum this thread up:

“Wilder is shaking in his boots. Literally terrified of AJ. Hell never sign to fight any top fighters. AJ will kill him. Blah blah blah blah blah.”

“AJ is a pussy. Hes scared of Wilder. Hearn is protecting him. He turned down his own demand. Wilder will kill him. Blah blah blah blah.”

I knows what you mean but this is a development which has flipped it around and tbh I see so many Wilder fans saying silly sh*t like AJ is scared ......... but now he's sent him the contract that makes no sense.

I'd honestly (seeing as no American journo's have the balls to ask) like to know what possible explanation there can be for Deontay to not sign?

Tbf to myself on this I said month or so ago that if AJ wasn't forth coming with an offer then I'll admit he's ducking .......... but he has, he's set a time, date and a contract with terms Deontay announced he'll accept so I want to set the record straight at this point.

Deontay is ducking AJ by refusing to sign, if this was the other way around I'd be saying the same against AJ.

1. Hearn made a play to sign Wilder up
2. Wilders advisers didn't like it
3. Wilder knows Hearn values him so he is smart in making a play to get the most money

4. Fight will get made

Tldr: It's businesses kid

Ill bet they fight in April next year though. Even though theyre both scared of each other etc.

Honestly I'm not so sure, I would of been until Deontay threw out the terms he agreed to and is now demanding 50/50.

Do you know why? because he, I and you know while AJ has 3 belts and automatically makes much more of the box office than Deontay brings, we all know this will never be accepted.

I am not confident Deontay is going to change his tune .......... and quite frankly (when he was interviewed by Brendan Schaub) he said he was relieved, like he dodged a bullet or something? on the other hand AJ is uncharacteristically taken to twitter to push this forward.

1. Hearn made a play to sign Wilder up
2. Wilders advisers didn't like it
3. Wilder knows Hearn values him so he is smart in making a play to get the most money

4. Fight will get made

1. He did but only after his team screwed this up not before.

2. Seems to me Finkel never wanted this in the first place unless it was 50/50, if anything its Finkel who sees this fight as his cash cow more than any other party.

3. That may be so but neither AJ or Hearn is going to concede money for nothing in return, if Deontay promised to sign with Hearn, Hearn may be willing to up his purse .......... but by a significant amount? good luck getting Joshua to go along with that.

4. ........... not at this rate, unless Deontay comes back from la la land.

I knows what you mean but this is a development which has flipped it around and tbh I see so many Wilder fans saying silly sh*t like AJ is scared ......... but now he's sent him the contract that makes no sense.

I'd honestly (seeing as no American journo's have the balls to ask) like to know what possible explanation there can be for Deontay to not sign?

Tbf to myself on this I said month or so ago that if AJ wasn't forth coming with an offer then I'll admit he's ducking .......... but he has, he's set a time, date and a contract with terms Deontay announced he'll accept so I want to set the record straight at this point.

Deontay is ducking AJ by refusing to sign, if this was the other way around I'd be saying the same against AJ.
I think Wilder is frustrated to say the very least, and maybe is not the best businessman.

Color that up and call it whatever youd like. The reality is fans are just hoping to talk shit about one or the other lol. Were all guilty.

I think the end game here is Wilder gets more $ than currently on the table, and Hearn gets to control every aspect of the fight between AJ and Wilder.

To me it seems like the Pac/Mayweather thing has overtaken every massive fight and this will be the normal. We have seen it twice now with Canelo and Golovkin and were seeing it again now with the big boys.

For the record, I firmly believe 90% of this shit stems from fighter’s handlers. There arent many Saunders out there who legitimately dont want to fight.

There is a reason these guys do what they do. Its in their DNA to want to be the best and need to show it.

AJ scared, Hearn doesn’t want to lose his cash cow etc

In all seriousness I think it’s ego. and I’m not digging out wilder here but what fellow champion is going to happily accept such skewed terms in favour of the other champion. I knew this would be an issue months ago. But that is down to wilder and his team letting Joshua collect the belts and get the bigger fights. One champion rested on their laurels, the other didnt
If he wants the fight he’ll have to accept it for now. Win that fight and the shoe is on the other foot. It’s not exactly a risk based on all of the rewards, in fact it’s the complete opposite. Hearn/Joshua aren’t going to give up any control or bigger split to make it happen as most people don’t really see them as the issue with making the fight. It will happen but I expect the compromise to be from wilders side, not Joshua’s

Yeah just like you I also called this months and months ago. I said that Wilders ego would be a problem in reaching a deal. He just can't accept that he's the B-side by quite some margin. I really hoped that common sense would prevail but it looks like his ego is firmly in control. Shame.

For all the shit that Joshua has taken on this forum, i am still waiting for someone to give a reasonable response to this

Wilder has his date, he can either agree to the terms that the best HW in the world sets out to him, or he can fight other people.....

Wilder has the worst management team i have ever seen, i would not let him near social media or even talk to anyone, sat on a couch with a shitty UFC HW fighter trying to dictate terms...that is not how you get big fights done i'm afraid

Wilder, sign with Hearn, you will get paid, and the fight with Joshua will get done, and i think he has a really good chance of winning

I don't think amyone can really understand Wilder's mindset.

What could be considered though, is that it's likely that Wilder has never made less than his opponent in any fight. IIRC, he even made more than Stiverne in their first fight and that was the challenger. To go from getting 80-90% of the purse in most of his fights it must be a huge dent to his ego, to be offered 20-30% albeit much more than he has ever made.

Wilder biggest mistake was not taking the Parker fight when parkler had the belt, it was there for the taking. I think it would have been pretty straight forward for him and would have put him in a position to ask for 50.50

So your upset he isn't signing a contract for a fight that won't even be his next fight? Didn't Canelo's team try to get Golovkin to sign a contract for a fight that was still a ways off and he wouldn't do it. He waited, fought other people in the mean time and then got a better deal. We were saying at the time that they were tring to lock him down before his stock went up any more. Or is there something I'm missing that makes this different? Why should someone sign a contract for a fight that isn't even going to be their next fight?

So your upset he isn't signing a contract for a fight that won't even be his next fight? Didn't Canelo's team try to get Golovkin to sign a contract for a fight that was still a ways off and he wouldn't do it. He waited, fought other people in the mean time and then got a better deal. We were saying at the time that they were tring to lock him down before his stock went up any more. Or is there something I'm missing that makes this different? Why should someone sign a contract for a fight that isn't even going to be their next fight?

When will Wilder fight again? we know the dates of AJ fights. I don't think Wilder needs to sign now but cant have too much messing around after sept as they will want to promote the April fight so if its not Wilder it will be someone else

When will Wilder fight again? we know the dates of AJ fights. I don't think Wilder needs to sign now but cant have too much messing around after sept as they will want to promote the April fight so if its not Wilder it will be someone else
I was under the impression that he is going to fight in the fall. I don't actually know though I guess.

Wilder biggest mistake was not taking the Parker fight when parkler had the belt, it was there for the taking. I think it would have been pretty straight forward for him and would have put him in a position to ask for 50.50

He could’ve also made the wlad fight at any point in the last few years. He chose not to and now is pissed because of the skewed terms with Joshua. This is why a lot of fans don’t sympathise with his situation

Back