The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

IMG_20180626_134132.jpg

This is UK rap's Illmatic. Dizzee wrote and produced this fucking classic when he was 17. Crazy. Released in 2003 yet still sounds as fresh as the day it came out.

just set a Dizzee feature to Kermit yelling yesterday

Pinata >>>>>>>>>>> Madvilliany

I just listened to both albums again after a long time and I can't deny that Pinata is the way better album it just feels more cohesive, Gibbs flows better, beats are more catchy, etc. Gibbs is the better rapper and I've always thought MF DOOM was way too overrated. Madvilliany is a chore to listen to in contrast in my view. MF DOOM basically rhyming about nothing, voice and breath control seems like he's a chain smoker and his flow is choppy. There's some classic songs on it but man Gibbs and Madlib really made a real classic with Pinata. Album still feels fresh.

C'est la vie, J.I.D
Say I-B-E-S-T with the R-A-Ps and R.I.P
Your rhymes sound O-L-D, I'm co-l-d
And I ain't drop no LP, I'm so OD
I know OGs
Drop flows, they was so OD
I make a play, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, Odell B
Make a way, get his old LC
Until they sob, but let us pray and let us eat

Pinata >>>>>>>>>>> Madvilliany

I just listened to both albums again after a long time and I can't deny that Pinata is the way better album it just feels more cohesive, Gibbs flows better, beats are more catchy, etc. Gibbs is the better rapper and I've always thought MF DOOM was way too overrated. Madvilliany is a chore to listen to in contrast in my view. MF DOOM basically rhyming about nothing, voice and breath control seems like he's a chain smoker and his flow is choppy. There's some classic songs on it but man Gibbs and Madlib really made a real classic with Pinata. Album still feels fresh.

{<doc}<{walkerwhut}><bball1>{<jordan}

I dunno what to say.

C'est la vie, J.I.D
I know OGs

JID and Ski are light years ahead in terms of ability then those other bums in that list.. Either way XXL is a disgrace.

C'est la vie, J.I.D
I know OGs

JID might be one of the most talented young musicians I've ever seen. Cole and Dreamville hit it out of the park finding him.

Speaking of Dreamville I've been listening to this track a lot lately.

C'est la vie, J.I.D
I know OGs

JID is so talented wtf.

Tbh I don't think any of these older rappers can come close to releasing an album like 4:44. How Jay Z was able to release an album like that way past his artistic peak all while speaking on relevant subjects in his life is beautiful.

Del the funky homosapien and Ishmael Butler bodies Jay Z. FOH.

pretty weak tracks but glad Father is back making music.

Who and who?
Holy Lol at you not knowing who DELTRON is... You're such a fake try hard loser from the UK. You really don't shit about quality hip hop. All you do is post and comment on lyrical garbage. Go get yellow cards again or better yet banned you little bitch.

Holy Lol at you not knowing who DELTRON is... You're such a fake try hard loser from the UK. You really don't shit about quality hip hop. All you do is post and comment on lyrical garbage. Go get yellow cards again or better yet banned you little bitch.

{<jordan}

Damn, he woke up from his meth dreams and now is aggressive online. Man Italians are funny...

Del the funky homosapien and Ishmael Butler bodies Jay Z. FOH.
Bodies in what way? Lyrically? No. Jay Z is the GOAT lyricist.

Musically? Maybe before 4:44 but after it I don't see any of those guys coming with a better album.

I like them both but no way those guys can rap better than Jay Z at 48 AND even those guys would admit it. 4:44 is one of best albums in Jay's discography, it's crazy that it came so past his prime.

Back