Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

He could’ve also made the wlad fight at any point in the last few years. He chose not to and now is pissed because of the skewed terms with Joshua. This is why a lot of fans don’t sympathise with his situation
Shirley Winkler told him he wasn't ready. Fair enuff.

You can't shit on the guy who was ready and ended up in a favourable position becasue of it.

He should have immediately made a beeline for parkers belt. Would have had more leverage.

In summary. They're at where they're at right now becasue of how their positions have been built.

I think I'm out of this one now. There's only so many times we can re hash the same things.

Shirley Winkler told him he wasn't ready. Fair enuff.

You can't shit on the guy who was ready and ended up in a favourable position becasue of it.

He should have immediately made a beeline for parkers belt. Would have had more leverage.

In summary. They're at where they're at right now becasue of how their positions have been built.

I think I'm out of this one now. There's only so many times we can re hash the same things.

I heard wlad ducked wilder, wlad scared!

You have to take that leap sometime. I’d have never got in the ring if I waited till I felt ready, probably the same for most fighters, whether it be boxing, mma or kickboxing. wilder and his team have to appreciate that the position they are in is due to their choice of following the path of least resistance, up until Ortiz. 1 fight isn’t going to change that. Nor is peer pressure from wilders few fans

I’m with you, we’re going round in circles. As long as none of them lose the fight will happen, but it will be on the terms of the current contract. Hearn isn’t going to give them anything else

Also don't forget...
hearn is scared of losing his cash cow
Joshua on the Juice
Everyone in Britain is scared

Joshua Scared!
Hearn trying to bring in another cash cow.

Smart dude.

Fuck him. Hes a clown.

Us brits generally back our own but we make an exception with Saunders, guys a twat, He’ll get knocked out one day, and the whole world will celebrate

So your upset he isn't signing a contract for a fight that won't even be his next fight? Didn't Canelo's team try to get Golovkin to sign a contract for a fight that was still a ways off and he wouldn't do it. He waited, fought other people in the mean time and then got a better deal. We were saying at the time that they were tring to lock him down before his stock went up any more. Or is there something I'm missing that makes this different? Why should someone sign a contract for a fight that isn't even going to be their next fight?

Its happened for decades, yopu sign the agreement to fight, but you dont do the terms until you both have won your respective fights

The best example i can think of is:

Evander Holyfield v Riddick Bowe
Lennox Lewis v Razor Ruddock

They had all signed contracts to fight the winner of the other fight, the same applies here, but for some reason, Wilder think he now deserves 50/50 for a guy who has brought in around 240,000 fans in his last 3 fights to the venue, regardless of PPV sales.

Wilder could fight till he was fucking 50 and not get as many fans attending his fights than those last 3 for Joshua, and bear in mind, one of the fights was against Carlos Takam FFS and another against Joseph Parker.

Perspective is needed

The guy I like the least is scared of the other guy. He's overrated too.

The latest .............

Joshua is looking to turn the screws, he's going to sign the contract and resend it to Wilder lol

Wilder is being called out, I wonder what he's going to say now?

"I spoke to Anthony yesterday and I think what we're going to do is all the terms that were agreed by Deontay Wilder have now been put into the contract. They've had them now for over a month, and they haven't done anything, so I think what we're going to do, we're going to sign the contract.
Anthony Joshua says let's sign the contract and put it in front of them, rather than them thinking that we're bluffing for some bizarre reason, or we don't want the fight.
Anthony's going to have a press conference for his next fight next week and he'll be in America as well, and it will be good to go out there and say we've done all we can.
You've agreed these terms, we've now even signed the contract, so fingers crossed, April 13 at Wembley will be Joshua against Wilder."

Will the ducking continue?

Wilder's likely response ....... "He's scared, he don't wanna fight me" ...... but errh the contract?

Response is in ........

Deals off, they are no longer accepting the terms.

Finkel
"We agreed to fight Anthony Joshua in his next fight in the U.K. for $15million flat. That is what we agreed to, we agreed to a flat fee so that we could fight him next," Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News on Wednesday.

"What he is trying to do is what we call in the U.S. a bait and switch.

"Eddie Hearn sent a contract that he had no intention of honoring, he easily could have had September 22, 2018 and Wembley as the stadium in the agreement, he chose not to.

"The fact is, Anthony Joshua chose to fight Povetkin next, that's his choice, so anything he sent us in that non-agreement is gone."

On when negotiations could be pick up again, Finkel added: "I don’t understand his sudden rush to sign an agreement now for April. He has a fight in September against Povetkin.

Tbf its fair enough they feel the old terms are void, however the talk about "Joshua chose to fight Povetkin" is nonsense, Joshua was enforced a mandatory because Wilder took so long and he chose to not give up a belt, how could he, giving up the belt defeats the whole point of the unification??

Anyway, Finkel is angling for more money and I believe that's been his wishes all along hence the "Its a BS deal" which triggered the WBA in the first place.

My concern is Deontay is now trying to position himself as the bait but eventually Joshua may just be like "Hold one, why the fk am I chasing you, I'm the one with the belts, I'm the one with the money".

How far is Deontay going to take this?

EDIT:
This is a better interview from Finkel, basically him and Hearn are saying the exact same thing just blaming each other on response times.
http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/...ay-wilder-2018-eddie-hearn-scam-shelly-finkel

Last edited:
hearn won’t change the terms and wilder will keep on earning peanuts to Joshua In comparison. They at cutting their nose off to spite their face. How are they going to spin ‘Joshua ducking’ when they have a contract signed by Joshua and a pay day many times more than wilders ever earned before! Most fans aren’t that biased or stupid

hearn won’t change the terms and wilder will keep on earning peanuts to Joshua In comparison. They at cutting their nose off to spite their face. How are they going to spin ‘Joshua ducking’ when they have a contract signed by Joshua and a pay day many times more than wilders ever earned before! Most fans aren’t that biased or stupid
and was Manny dumb for not taking the $40 million Mayweather offered and instead getting 40% in the long run?

and was Manny dumb for not taking the $40 million Mayweather offered and instead getting 40% in the long run?

Manny was a fckin superstar with fans all over the world when that fight was in the making. What leverage does wilder have in comparison?? Virtually none, and that’s his problem

Response is in ........

Deals off, they are no longer accepting the terms.

Finkel
"We agreed to fight Anthony Joshua in his next fight in the U.K. for $15million flat. That is what we agreed to, we agreed to a flat fee so that we could fight him next," Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News on Wednesday.

"What he is trying to do is what we call in the U.S. a bait and switch.

"Eddie Hearn sent a contract that he had no intention of honoring, he easily could have had September 22, 2018 and Wembley as the stadium in the agreement, he chose not to.

"The fact is, Anthony Joshua chose to fight Povetkin next, that's his choice, so anything he sent us in that non-agreement is gone."

On when negotiations could be pick up again, Finkel added: "I don’t understand his sudden rush to sign an agreement now for April. He has a fight in September against Povetkin.

Tbf its fair enough they feel the old terms are void, however the talk about "Joshua chose to fight Povetkin" is nonsense, Joshua was enforced a mandatory because Wilder took so long and he chose to not give up a belt, how could he, giving up the belt defeats the whole point of the unification??

Anyway, Finkel is angling for more money and I believe that's been his wishes all along hence the "Its a BS deal" which triggered the WBA in the first place.

My concern is Deontay is now trying to position himself as the bait but eventually Joshua may just be like "Hold one, why the fk am I chasing you, I'm the one with the belts, I'm the one with the money".

How far is Deontay going to take this?

EDIT:
This is a better interview from Finkel, basically him and Hearn are saying the exact same thing just blaming each other on response times.
http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/...ay-wilder-2018-eddie-hearn-scam-shelly-finkel

Deontay Wilder now looks like an absolute bellend, does he even begin to realise because he did not agree to the Joshua fight in a timely manner, the fight HAS to be pushed back so that all of the belts are available when they both fight.

Does he realise the magnitude of fighting for all 4 versions of the HW Championship, its never ever been done before, for a belt to drop off, it means that someone else will have a claim that they are a title holder.

Wilder can fuck off now, he's had his chance at the fighter everyone considers the bes tin the world, and either his management team are fucking clowns, or his ego has gotten in the way.

American heavyweights always seem to be the worst advised fighters in the world

Manny was a fckin superstar with fans all over the world when that fight was in the making. What leverage does wilder have in comparison?? Virtually none, and that’s his problem
Except that the money to be made in this fight is all on PPV in and probably 85-90% of that money will all come from the US, mainly because of Wilder in this fight.

Let me say this - NO ONE in the US is paying to watch a PPV for either of them unless they go against each other. And while Joshua can make pretty good money elsewhere, it will still be nothing in comparison to what he could for this fight, so that's Wilder's leverage.

And if Joshua is insisting on a rematch clause, only for if he loses, not Wilder, then it tells a story about how much he wants the fight right now.

Except that the money to be made in this fight is all on PPV in and probably 85-90% of that money will all come from the US, mainly because of Wilder in this fight.

Let me say this - NO ONE in the US is paying to watch a PPV for either of them unless they go against each other. And while Joshua can make pretty good money elsewhere, it will still be nothing in comparison to what he could for this fight, so that's Wilder's leverage.

And if Joshua is insisting on a rematch clause, only for if he loses, not Wilder, then it tells a story about how much he wants the fight right now.

Lol joshua earns 15-20m per fight, wilder up to 2m. Joshua has all of the fans and 3 of the 4 belts. And you’re still kidding yourself that he has any leaverage?

Fan of Wilder, and from the states. Not sure what say at this point. Wilder postured like he was willing to do ANYTHING, meet any demand for the showdown to happen... not a business guru, but current contract is signed by one side, let's see it in April, already! Sept is off, so take out Miller or Hughie or some other contender (just stay as far as possible from Pulev) while AJ takes out Pov, and meet in April. When did Wilder and his people stop being willing to make this fight like when the 50 mil was first offered? Like when UK was agreed to? This could be a beautiful thing, and now IDK anymore.

Back