Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
There. has. never. been. a. danger. to. the. Second. Amendment. Some of the most "restrictive" gun control ever was ushered in by conservatives like Reagan, and there was never really a robust anxiety about massive gun confiscation until it was invented by conservatives to rile up morons against Obama:

FT_13.12.12_Newtown1yrlater_640.png

As far as political priorities go, do your thing. I think it's selfish, ignorant hobbyism to care so fucking much about the margins of your gun collection that you would openly condemn millions of squalor and wreck your country's legal system and economy in response to patently absurd delusions of gun confiscation passed unto you by profiteers stealing from under your nose. But that's me. You might think that my flippancy regarding your worries is likewise selfish, because guns are more important than anything else in the world. So be it,
No, I was curious if you were capable of articulating the views of those who think differently from you without insulting them or impugning their character or motives.

It appears that you're either unable or unwilling to do that.

The ranks of the left will continue to shrink so long as they think it's acceptable to treat other people like shit.

No, I was curious if you were capable of articulating the views of those who think differently from you without insulting them or impugning their character or motives.

It appears that you're either unable or unwilling to do that.

The ranks of the left will continue to shrink so long as they think it's acceptable to treat other people like shit.

So you can't argue on the merits.

I have explained why it's completely reasonable to hold single issue gun rights voters in intellectual and moral contempt right now. You seem only able to repeat that it hurts your feelings.

Well he's really got what it takes to make trump feel good. Lying and over the top ass kissing

So you can't argue on the merits.

I have explained why it's completely reasonable to hold single issue gun rights voters in intellectual and moral contempt right now. You seem only able to repeat that it hurts your feelings.
<TrumpWrong1>

I hope you keep it up! Attitudes and outlooks like yours are what drives ordinary folk away from the left in droves.

People gravitate to what they see as "good". It's hard to find a lot of good out of a group of people who are angry and spiteful. It sends the message that if someone joins that group, they will eventually end up angry and spiteful as well.

So please, keep it up. I'm looking forward to President Trump's second term.
<GinJuice>

<TrumpWrong1>

I hope you keep it up! Attitudes and outlooks like yours are what drives ordinary folk away from the left in droves.

People gravitate to what they see as "good". It's hard to find a lot of good out of a group of people who are angry and spiteful. It sends the message that if someone joins that group, they will eventually end up angry and spiteful as well.

So.....again - you choose not to argue on the merits.

You posted the "wrong" gif and then did exactly what I said you had done before: moralized my rhetoric while running from its message.

So please, keep it up. I'm looking forward to President Trump's second term.
<GinJuice>

Of course you are. People who don't understand policy and who are not (yet) affected by indefensible forms of it get to live in such bliss.

So.....again - you choose not to argue on the merits.

You posted the "wrong" gif and then did exactly what I said you had done before: moralized my rhetoric while running from its message.

Of course you are. People who don't understand policy and who are not (yet) affected by indefensible forms of it get to live in such bliss.

I asked if you were able to articulate why someone would be a single issue voter in regards to the Second Amendment without insults or impugning the motives or characters of those who think differently from you.

You've shown that you're either unable or unwilling to do so.

I'll give you one last chance to try and make this a productive conversation for the both of us:

Without impugning their motives or character, or insulting them, can you articulate why Millions upon millions of Voters are single issue voters in regards to the Second Amendment.

I'm capable of articulating my political oppositions position without insulting them.

President Trump cut the estate tax. That's a huge help to the American Farmer.

Don't act like Kavanaugh is out in left field with this. It's long-standing precedent that employees may waive §7 rights via explicit contractual agreement. The other two judges (Henderson and Srinivasan) concurred, and the ability of a union to waive the right to strike under an arbitration agreement goes back at least to Mastro Plastics Corp. v. Labor Board (1956).

I have three major issues my fellow conservatives disagree with me
1)arbitration as mentioned
2) qualified immunity I think the doctrine should be done away with
3) the expansion of the federal government's power via commerce clause jurisprudence (as mentioned Thomas is on my side here)

What do all these three schools of jurisprudence have. They are no where to be found in the text. They are made whole cloth from the minds of judges. I don't just believe in textualism because it is the only legitimate way to judge but because it also produces the most moral results.

That said I hear ya and I understand I am a lone voice in the woods on these issues

Was traveling. Hoped for Kethledge out of the three, but happy it's not Barrett. Would have somewhat preferred Hardiman.

Barrett was the one with whom I was least familiar (Kavanaugh I was most familiar with), but I did find some of her writing to be pretty interesting. Her posture seemed reminiscent of Alito, but with greater coherency.

Kavanaugh is the most FedSoc looking person I've ever seen. You just know that white boy wore salmon shorts and sperries into his 40s.

I guess it wasn’t much of a choice for Trump.

The breaking report that gave this CT legs was a tweet that's since been deleted because the "journalist" was for all intents and purposes talking out of her ass. I like how it's a "clarification" or an "update" rather than a correction. Not that it matters now, the narrative is out there and I see blue check marks pushing it as hard as they can.

Trump is completely full of crap and his greatest skill I guess is getting his opponents to act like him. The reason that trust in media is at an all time low is because of shit like this: supposedly legitimate media outlets and journalists acting like they work for Infowars.

Why do I have a feeling like this line of tweets are prepared before hand with Kavanaugh's name filling in the blank later?

"Trump's nominee is going to..."

*shuffles cards*

"Destroy Abortion Marriage!"

Gosh damn, I thought that was a joke! :eek:

How exactly does "The Resistance" plan to win with ridiculous shit like this? o_O

Women’s March Sends Press Release Bashing Trump's "Extremist" SCOTUS Nominee – Forgets To Update Name Of Nominee
Benny Johnson | 07/10/2018

GettyImages-673069132-e1531191712360.jpg

The White House announced the selection of Brett Kavanaugh as the much-anticipated pick to replace Justice Kennedy on the Supreme Court. PR shops were working overtime flacking for and against the pick.

However, one organization that was not working overtime was the hyper-liberal Women’s March.

The leftist group that sprang from Trump’s election victory blasted out an email to reporters and supporters slamming Trump’s nominee as part of a “patriarchal” and "white supremacist” agenda.

Only one problem: They sent it out prematurely.

The copy sent to hundreds of journalists just included an “XX” where the name of the justice should be. In the same blast, ‘Kavanaugh’ is spelled wrong – with a ‘C’ instead of a ‘K.’

DhtYQNuX0AclmGG.jpg

The group corrected later in the evening – sending an”UPDATED” version that was identical, with Kavanaugh’s name spelled correctly and in the place of the “XX.”

DhtYW_AWsAAhADD.jpg

The Women’s March statement also claimed that Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court gave “white patriarchal supremacists” so-called “free reign to advance their oppressive agenda.”

The move demonstrates how viscerally against the pick many on the political Left would be – regardless of Trump’s selection.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/09/womens-march-trump-scotus-nominee/

The fill-in-the-blank phenomenon is well documented here http://freebeacon.com/blog/liberals...ination-of-insert-name-here-to-supreme-court/

Ben Sasse called it “Mad Libs” lol!

There are many sources for this
They fucked up and were preoffended just like you
Wrong, you are just too stupid to get the joke, one of your fellow rightards insisted the Times was leftwing and was owned by Bezos, and got likes from other tards.

The Democrats should treat Kavanaugh just as fairly as Republicans treated Garland.

The breaking report that gave this CT legs was a tweet that's since been deleted because the "journalist" was for all intents and purposes talking out of her ass. I like how it's a "clarification" or an "update" rather than a correction. Not that it matters now, the narrative is out there and I see blue check marks pushing it as hard as they can.

Trump is completely full of crap and his greatest skill I guess is getting his opponents to act like him. The reason that trust in media is at an all time low is because of shit like this: supposedly legitimate media outlets and journalists acting like they work for Infowars.

Something led to the claim that Kennedy received assurance. I would like to know exactly what that was before taking a view on this.

Wrong, you are just too stupid to get the joke, one of your fellow rightards insisted the Times was leftwing and was owned by Bezos, and got likes from other tards.
I don’t spend my entire life trying to find things to be offended by so I wouldn’t have been in that convo or cared to read it

Dumb mistake by me.

Back