Jose Uzcategui vs Caleb Plant August 24 PBC FS1 IBF Title( fight is off)

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
As expected, the IBF has elevated Jose Uzcategui from its interim super middleweight champion to super middleweight champ now that James DeGale has given up that title.

The IBF also revealed Thursday that it has ordered Uzcategui to make a mandatory defense of his 168-pound championship against Caleb Plant. Handlers for Uzcategui and Plant have been given until August 5 to come to an agreement or a purse bid will be ordered.

The 25-year-old Plant, a native of Ashland City, Tennessee, is ranked No. 2 by the IBF among its super middleweight contenders. The top spot in the IBF’s 168-pound ratings is vacant.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jose-uzcategui-now-full-champ-ibf-orders-caleb-plant-fight--129702

https://www.boxingscene.com/uzcategui-smiles-not-least-bit-concerned-with-caleb-plant--129814
After this fact, the IBF promoted Uzcategui (27-2-0, 23 KO's) from interim champion to full champion and ordered a new fight against undefeated challenger Caleb Plant (17-0-0, 10 Ko's), scheduled to happen by the end of August.

"I have seen him fight before... for me he is an ordinary opponent, he is not an opponent for which I have to make adjustments in something, I do not have any pressure. At last I have in my hands what I always dreamed of having and nobody is going to come and take it from me - that is why I will arrive very well prepared for the fight," assured Uzcategui, who is preparing with a lot of intensity in Tijuana.

Not terrible.

Uzcategui vs Plant will be fun too.

Rough fight for Plant. Uzcategui has looked dangerous as of late and seems to be the kind of guy who you have to be able to hurt in order to beat. Plant isn't the kind of guy who has the power to get Uzcategui's attention, I don't think.

Rough fight for Plant. Uzcategui has looked dangerous as of late and seems to be the kind of guy who you have to be able to hurt in order to beat. Plant isn't the kind of guy who has the power to get Uzcategui's attention, I don't think.
He's looked slightly better in his last couple of fights. I've been waiting for him to take a bad beating but maybe he's coming into his own. He handled Medina a lot easier than I thought he would.

Not terrible.

Uzcategui vs Plant will be fun too.
Unless it looks anything like Plant's last 3 fights....

Uczategui is the one that has to make it fun. And he has, against Dirrell. Caleb is like a slower Dirrell.

He's looked slightly better in his last couple of fights. I've been waiting for him to take a bad beating but maybe he's coming into his own. He handled Medina a lot easier than I thought he would.
Medina had 1 leg.

And Plant just jabbed for 12 rounds.

Sounding like Plant isn't one of the most exciting fighters to watch

Back