Matt Serra hilarious confrontation in Vegas

Judge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just saw this on reddit and had to post it. I trained at Matt's a few years back and he was always a cool dude.

The thought is Matt was vlogging and giving a play by play on this guy trying to prop up his drunk wife

And the hubby got mad and emasculated

LULZ

thats so called "men" today lol threaten you talk shit u actually do something then "im gonna press charges on you!!!!:("

This is what it would be like if a keyboard warrior actually got in the cage with a pro.

I hope videos like this remind sherdoggers and your typical tough guys that if you don't know how to fight, you ARE getting wrecked by someone who does.

I hope videos like this remind sherdoggers and your typical tough guys that if you don't know how to fight, you ARE getting wrecked by someone who does.

This is the whole point of training. There are X percentage of people that can kick your ass. You train to lower that percentage.

Sherdoggers are all A-level athletes with 500-0 record bud

"I'm gonna break your...I'm gonna fuck you up."

Good luck with all that, skipper.

How did he go from taping the sleeping woman to mounting the shirtless dude?

How did he go from taping the sleeping woman to mounting the shirtless dude?

I think the guy Matt mounted was the guy who was propping up his drunk wife. Maybe he saw Matt doing that or something.

Just noticed in the second video, yojcan see the wife passed out in the background the entire time.

thats so called "men" today lol threaten you talk shit u actually do something then "im gonna press charges on you!!!!:("

Went through this recently with an old friend that wanted to see how much shit he could talk before I put a stop to it. Got way disrespectful and belligerent. Gave him a little kob. He called the cops but they saw he was a drunk asshole. Funny thing is this guy actually did hard time. I call him Fredo now.

Just noticed in the second video, yojcan see the wife passed out in the background the entire time.

Went through this recently with an old friend that wanted to see how much shit he could talk before I put a stop to it. Got way disrespectful and belligerent. Gave him a little kob. He called the cops but they saw he was a drunk asshole. Funny thing is this guy actually did hard time. I call him Fredo now.

do you still talk to him

This is the whole point of training. There are X percentage of people that can kick your ass. You train to lower that percentage.

And the more you train, the more you understand that there's always a chance to get your ass kicked even if you're super confident about your skills

There's always a guy with less experience than you that have just the right style and abilities to kick your ass.

In BJJ I can do well against 9/10 guys with my experience level, I can usually outsmart them, overwhelm them with my style or at least counter most of their attacks and never be in huge trouble. Sometimes I get caught in a sub, like sometimes I catch them in something funky, we're there to train so it happens when you try stuff.

But there's always 1/10 guys (in my case 2 guys) that are just way too strong and explosive for me. They're not that much bigger than me, but the way they move and the strenght they can generate when they attack... They just put me in bad spots all the time, my escapes rarely works against them. Some of the guys that I do well against don't have any particular trouble against the guys I have trouble with.

It's just a fact that you never know who's gonna put you in trouble, better stay out of it when you're in the street with no mats and no rules.

This is what it would be like if a keyboard warrior actually got in the cage with a pro.

Man, the shit I see people talk to pro fighters on Twitter, it boggles the mind. And not just 'you suck' type stuff, but 'I'll kick your ass' type stuff. People just have no idea what even a low level pro fighter, much less a UFC fighter, would do to them and the ease with which they would do it. I doubt the vast majority of people who don't train could withstand one full power leg kick or body shot, much less getting kicked or punched in the face. The level of delusion out there is unreal.

do you still talk to him

Nope. Long history, nearly 20 years. I've had legal troubles stemming from bullshit charges from my ex wife to stack the tables in her favor over divorce and custody. Typical MRA horror story, but I'll save that for the War Room or crying in my beer. This a guy who has his shit together in one sense but whose life is falling apart every other way. He's become a drunken, filthy slob that's lost a LOT of friends and family. And he knew my situation exactly. I didn't actually hurt the guy, just dealt with his drunk ass and let him know he'd found the outer limits of his disrespectful behavior, and he completely crumbled and showed he's a cowardly bitch by calling the cops on his friend instead of taking his lumps like a man and apologizing.

When he called the cops, he sealed it. I'm done with him.

Fuck Matt Serra. If my wife was passed out and some dude at the bar was filming and laughing at her I'd confront him too. It's Vegas for Christ's sake. They're having a little fun (too much) and now gonna get put on blast by a dude with a shitload of followers. So many of these fighters think they're above moral decency

Fuck Matt Serra. If my wife was passed out and some dude at the bar was filming and laughing at her I'd confront him too. It's Vegas for Christ's sake. They're having a little fun (too much) and now gonna get put on blast by a dude with a shitload of followers. So many of these fighters think they're above moral decency

I don’t think you’re wrong about sticking up for your wife but I don’t think he should have put his wife in that situation to begin with. Get her to the room or somewhere other than a public place. Being in Vegas, the guy was lucky that a sober non violent Matt Serra was doing the laughing and not a group of douchebags.

Half of the point of training is to stay calm. That's the ultimate weapon, not the techniques

Back