black farmers were sold fake crop seeds to drive them into bankruptcy

Sounds like the farmers don’t have their agriculture degree

Sounds like I'm pretty rustled. You should be happy that your stupid opinions are being noticed by someone.
I'm not wasting any more time with you. I don't talk to pieces of shit. I don't know why I've bothered before, now that I'm thinking on it. Stop quoting me, don't tag me into your lame assed SJW wannabe threads anymore.

He freaked out about Trump getting an extra scoop of ice cream.

<Ellaria01>
He's a fucking idiot. He tags me into threads that I haven't posted in, just to imply I'm racist. How desperate for validation do you have to be? Seriously.

See there’s some mental gymnastics, I never said black people couldnt do farming, I just didn’t know there were enough of them to even start a thread about.

You said you did not know there were black farmers, that's funny. This new comment about a minimum number needed to have a thread about them on a karate forum is also funny. It warrants a little ribbing.

He's a fucking idiot. He tags me into threads that I haven't posted in, just to imply I'm racist. How desperate for validation do you have to be? Seriously.
Just point out how he was banned for racism and he'll probably put you on ignore. :D

I'm not wasting any more time with you. I don't talk to pieces of shit. I don't know why I've bothered before, now that I'm thinking on it. Stop quoting me, don't tag me into your lame assed SJW wannabe threads anymore.

But people were speculating who had the outrageously dumb opinions in racial threads.

Also, that sweet sweet validation.

But people were speculating who had the outrageously dumb opinions in racial threads.
You're in the lead. You're like a chimpanzee flinging shit and laughing at who it hits, all the while not noticing everyone laughing at you because you have shit on your hands.

Also, that sweet sweet validation.

And we continue to make shit up.

You're in the lead. You're like a chimpanzee flinging shit and laughing at who it hits, all the while not noticing everyone laughing at you because you have shit on your hands.

And we continue to make shit up.

Please stop replying to me. I can't take all this validation.

No, I am not, but I do find myself apologizing and admitting I'm wrong well before I find myself arguing the most conclusive proof that could possibly exist. Which differentiates me in some way, imo.
I'm not sure what you're referencing, but I praise you for maintaining that mindset.

But no one commits this type of fraud assuming they would be caught....

Once the general question of if they got what they paid for has been resolved, the only question left is "why would the distributor give them a product far inferior to what was advertised". And when most businesses commit fraud on their customers, they do it because they think they won't get caught. So, no, the distributor is probably not sitting around wondering about racial backlash from a crime that they don't think they'll ever get caught committing.
And yet nearly as few would believe they could commit this fraud without being caught. That's precisely the point. This is risky, risky business. Isn't one of the central allegations, here, that nobody else was defrauded-- that their yields were true? If this is commonplace then one would suspect there to be other victims. To specifically defraud blacks and only blacks would add a great deal of risk without adding any profit.

Why introduce racism to a fraud scheme when it doesn't add to your profits? Even to those for whom that irrational spite runs this deep they tend to be more rational about protecting their own interests i.e. income sources. This is to say that if they can do something to hurt blacks, they will, or might, but only if they don't risk harming themselves: cowards among criminals. It makes them the most dangerous kind.

I recall those who objected to us accusing the Cubans for the sonic attacks on our diplomats. They pointed out it made no sense to attack foreign diplomats on their own soil. I said, "Agreed, but I don't care. Whether it was them, or a friend of theirs, acting without consent, or someone else, how can I know? I can only know it is their land, and where they control security, so I will rationally perceive them to be the prime suspect, and hold them responsible in the absence of certainty" (since it's a national security matter, and not a criminal courtroom).

Turns out...nope, probably wasn't them. So those who said it was illogical were right unless you believe the Cubans were also perpetrating it in even greater volume in China-- maybe to throw us off? Personally, I now suspect the Russians.
There's no question as to whether or not the farmers received a fraudulent product:
Indeed, but this would appear to go beyond fraud as Jeff has pointed out. For example, this happens a ton in the marijuana industry. The festivals and awards ceremonies exist as a way for growers to gain brand recognition and personal reputation. They then will sell their champion "strains" via seed around the world. This black/grey market has been around for half a century now, but it really got going when the internet hit.

Nevertheless, I knew the nephew of one of the multiple category winners and grand champion of the Emerald Cup, and he told me that his uncle talked about the widespread lack of integrity with regard to this business that he had witnessed over the course of his life as a top grower. Winning strains could rarely meet demand, you see, so they would just ship out other similar Sativas or whatever they had on hand that resembled the strain, visually. "As long as people got beautiful buds, and blasted, nobody really asked questions, or for a refund."

@Prefect brought up a very possible scenario as well. There’s basically 2 types of soybeans raised, Liberty Link(Bayer) and Round Up ready (Monsanto). Round up as we all know is glyphosate resistant and Liberty Link is glufosinate resistant. If you spray glufosinate on round up ready stuff, or vice versa, it will kill off the plant.
The farmers could have sprayed the wrong chemical or were given the wrong chemical. Even something like not cleaning out your sprayer between chemicals can do lots of damage.
As for it being stored improperly, that’s highly unlikely. Bad soybeans smell horrendous and they would have caught it when seeding. I can’t explain the smell, but it’s rank. They also swell to a noticeable size when wet.
They could have cracked them when handling, but you’d have to do it intentionally because there’s no way you’d crack almost every seed even if you trickled them through multiple augers.
Noted. Thank you.

Last edited:
I can't tell if we're talking about @bobgeese or @bushman505, but it's provocative...

giphy.gif

Please refrain from dragging me into shit tier threads, thanks.

You said you did not know there were black farmers, that's funny. This new comment about a minimum number needed to have a thread about them on a karate forum is also funny. It warrants a little ribbing.

Sorry never ever pondered the existence of black farmers. It takes some mental gymnastics to equate that to racism. I never said or implied that black people aren’t perfectly capable of being farmers or anything else they want. Yet you seem to think it’s racist. Congratulations, you are the problem here not me.

Please stop replying to me. I can't take all this validation.
Hilarious how your repeated attempts to use me to impress OT douchebags backfires and you come off like a retard.

Holy fuck. I saw the thread title and thought it would be a story from the 50s/60s about how blacks were held down and arguments about if that's still effecting generations later. I did not in the slightest expect 2017

Heads need to roll if this is indeed true. Is this Stine a big enough company where, if found guilty, they could pay back the sheer magnitude of the damage caused as those farmers weren't able to harvest to re-invest into their crop for next seasons?

Regardless of motivation, it sounds like they're going need to cough up some cheddar. Hopefully it will be enough to keep the farmers going. Ain't easy out there for people working the land.

My point is that they have the power of the market on their side. Also I doubt a seller will fuck over a large market share of their consumers just because of racism. If that's the case then of course that's horrible, but they have the power to do something with their wallets.

Now if this was a county with 2% black population then they would be relatively powerless.

What if I told you that blacks comprise less than 1% of all farmers in America and there are less than 18 000 black farmers nationwide? I can't find stats for Tennessee, but they're probably not the market powerhouse you think they are.

No.

If you stopped tagging me, I'd stop making a fool of you though.

Oh well, then I'll tag you so you can start making a fool of me and we can get this home sorry process over with. So far you're just doing a lot of angry whining out of your vagina. OK, go ahead.

My point is that they have the power of the market on their side. Also I doubt a seller will fuck over a large market share of their consumers just because of racism. If that's the case then of course that's horrible, but they have the power to do something with their wallets.

Now if this was a county with 2% black population then they would be relatively powerless.
Couldn't they just sue for being ripped off? When it comes to racism, how many non white farmers were sold the shitty seed?

Back